PDA

View Full Version : quick reviews of my eats

Crow
03-07-2008, 10:20 PM
I stayed 2/26-3/3 at WDW
starving when I arrived at Epcot since no breakfast (7am flight) so i walked to Tokyo Dining. They were just opening (start serving at noon) so I sat for a few minutes & the whole staff came out for a group bow. I was seated & had 3 waitresses introduced to me. 1 was my main server & the others brought water, forks etc
the rehab is really nice. they basically tore down the walls separating the lounge & the sushi/tempura counter. I found out it was a $13 million rehab w the TV costing $80 grand itself. the TV shows scenes of Japan. I got a seat right by the window & was finally in a good mood from this place (Just before my trip I was on jury duty on a depressing case)
I had sake, sushi....so good. AP discount on the food for weekday lunch of 10%. I got a small paper copy of the menu to keep but it doesnt list everything. I had a tuna roll 8 pcs was only $7+ I liked it so much that I had ate here again at dinnertime later in the week. I was full from lunch that day so only had tempura & sake. the tempura was kind of bland so Id stick w sushi.
That first night dinner was Flying Fish...awesome! i sat at the counter where I could watch the cooks. I had a few things to drink. crabcake appetizer ($16) & the potato wrapped red snapper ($34) I got to talk to the area mgr about good places to eat & I told him I had some of them booked (AP & CA G) but couldnt get in Le Cellier. He made a call & got me a lunch res later in the week. Im glad I finally tried this place
Wed 2/27 My friend met me at Epcot for the rest of the week & he likes buffets so we went to Biergarten for lunch. did have a wait.save $12 w DDE on food & drink. the CM wasnt real pleasant since there was talking at the table when she appeared to take orders. the food was filling & the entertainment served its purpose but its still not my fav place to eat. we did get some of the dinner offerings since it was around 315 when we got there.
2/28 lunch Raglan Rd. had fish & chips,:beer:flight & half & half:beer: & saved $9 w DDE. It was good
Dinner was at AP. a fav of mine. the food was great but the seats were not. booth w view of wall for 1 of us. service was good.portobello soup excellent, beef tenderloing was good w a sub of green beans instead of spinach. my friend had the salmon said was good.saved $26 w DDE
2/29 Garden Grill lunch. food good all u care to eat family style. servings were small but you can ask for more. cornbread, biscuits, squash, green beans, carrots (like 3 tiny ones at a time) turkey,catfish,Flank steak,potato casserole. apple crisp. characters inc Pluto, Mickey, Chip & Dale. the restaurant rotated in about an hr. service ok but he seemed to be in a hurry. saved $11.60 on food & :beer:
Dinner was at 9:30 at CG but I still wasnt too hungry. the view is great, service good.I had sake, wine, Grand marnier. Mushroom Flatbread very good. I had Spicy Sensation sushi which is great. My friend had scallops. dessert of Honey Crunch Cake was good.$25 saved w DDE
3/2 lunch at Le Cellier. had to wait some. service good even though she forgot a few things. the pretzel breadsticks are great. I had the Chicken Chipotle app which was a little spicy & good. the burger was good. This place is good, but I wouldnt be upset if I didnt eat here again. The atmosphere is like a castle basement. $12 saved w DDE.
the last day lunch was at Rose & Crown. service ok, sat on the patio w a good view of the lake. beer sampler. Mushroom app is good. I had Open faced Roast beef sandwhich which was ok. no room for dessert though. Fish & Chips my friend liked better than Raglan Rd slightly.
It wasnt bad but not a must do
I did have some food courts pizzas etc also
So Id have to say of the places I ate
CA Grill is a must. the view, the sushi.
AP had good food & I love WL but the view inside wasnt as good.
Flying Fish has great food if you are in that area. Id say just as good as CG & AP but the view better at CG
Tokyo Dining is awesome for light food, sushi, sake & the CMs. Id say the service is tops as they bowed & apologized for waits even though it wasnt long.
of the 2 buffets, the food quality slightly better at GG but Biergarten has the :beer:
so-view CG & Tokyo Dining
service Tokyo Dining
resort-AP
food-Appetizer tie AP & CG
entree FF
alcohol selection CG
value Tokyo Dining
entertainment-Biergarten
I did get menus at many of the places also

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-08-2008, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the reviews. I love to read them. I too love to eat at the Biergarten. I'm glad to hear about Flying Fish. My DH and I were thinking of trying that next time. After your review I think we will.

DISNEYFIX
03-08-2008, 07:01 AM
Thank you for taking the time to write a nice review.:thumbsup:

MissStyles
03-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Thanks for taking the time to report back. It looks like you made some excellent choices!

auntfrannie
03-08-2008, 08:07 AM
Thanks, Crow. I'll be trying AP and Flying Fish for the first time in April and I'm looking forward to both of them! They always seem to get great reviews.

Jared
03-08-2008, 09:21 AM
Thanks for the reviews, Crow. I'm especially glad to see you liked Tokyo Dining. I love sushi, and I've always been disappointed by the weak selection in the Japan pavilion. We'll have to add another restaurant to our list.

Kairi_7378
03-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the dining reviews. I'm glad that you got to try some new places and visit some old favorites. I like to hear from someone who has as much experience as you with Disney Dining that you can have a great trip without getting into LeCellier. (It's awesome that the FF chefs got you a ressie there though!) Did you like sitting at the counter at the FF? I ate at AP on my last trip, partially due to your reviews from your other trips and I am glad it didn't disappoint this time. I am glad to hear that your trip was relaxing since I remember your post about your Jury Duty service.

Duchess99
03-08-2008, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the reviews.
I want to try Flying Fish next time...especially sitting at the chef's counter. I love interacting with chefs!

Crow
03-09-2008, 06:38 AM
sitting at the counter at FF was ok to watch them cook. no interaction w the chefs though. I did chat w a woman who sat next to me. The location on the Boardwalk was good as I could walk to Epcot for Illuminations.
AP make sure to try to get a seat by the window or somewhere other than the first few booths for a better view.
The sushi at TD & CG was great. I just wish there was a sampler that was smaller or a combo w tempura at TD. many of the items had 8 pcs.CG doesnt have as many selections but the sushi is more varied, not regular rolls etc. Try both places if you can, as you dont have to get a full meal at CG & TD is pretty cheap. & good service. the servers at TD dont wear kimonos anymore just the hostesses. the uniform is more of a pants type like the CMs at the dept store downstairs wear.

January-2007
03-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Thanks for sharing. Glad you had a good trip.

Duchess99
03-09-2008, 12:11 PM
sitting at the counter at FF was ok to watch them cook. no interaction w the chefs though.
That's a bit of a shame.

I'm glad to hear the good review of TD. I LOVE the sushi at CG and I'm looking forward to trying TD now!
Thanks again for your reviews :thumbsup:

Hull-onian
03-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Your review was very good. Can't wait to go.:eat:

Crow
03-09-2008, 09:55 PM
I cant wait to go back, hopefully in Sept.
I have to send copies of the menus that I got