PDA

View Full Version : Unusual Parade Question

Buttercup
03-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Bear with me... this is kind-of hard to explain what I'm asking. :blush:

Here's my hypothetical situation:

BOB: is standing in Frontierland at the beginning of the parade route.
TOM: is standing at the Main Street Train station at the end of the parade route.

HERE COMES THE PARADE! Let's use the "Share A Dream Come True" parade as an example.
The first float has Peter Pan and Tinkerbell talking about dreams, and Bob hears this cute introduction as Peter & Tink pass by him.

I imagine it is silent where Tom is because the parade hasn't gotten to him yet... right? He can't hear the parade music over the street loud-speakers yet, right?

When the parade gets to Tom, does he get to hear Peter & Tink's introduction or does he just catch the tail-end of the music? I guess what I'm trying to ask is, does the music travel along with each float? So Peter & Tink are periodically introducing the parade, over and over again so that as that particular float passes by groups of people, they are constantly getting to hear the introduction?

Does the music play out of the individual floats, or over the loudspeakers along the parade route? Or is it some combination of both?

Sorry if this doesn't make any sense... it's hard to explain what I mean!

RockChalkKimball
03-07-2008, 09:58 PM
I saw a WDW special on travel channel and they talked about this. If I remember right, there are sensors in the street that the floats roll over. This causes the music to keep starting again when they get to new sections of the park. Not sure if the music is coming from the park speakers or the floats, but it is triggered by the sensors in the street.

I am sure that one of the CM's will come by and correct/add to this information.

SgtTigger
03-07-2008, 10:17 PM
I saw a WDW special on travel channel and they talked about this. If I remember right, there are sensors in the street that the floats roll over. This causes the music to keep starting again when they get to new sections of the park. Not sure if the music is coming from the park speakers or the floats, but it is triggered by the sensors in the street.

I am sure that one of the CM's will come by and correct/add to this information.

You are right...... If you sit on Main street you can hear the music at the hub start but it does not start where you are.... then when it gets to you it will start from the beginging....

No matter where you are you will hear the whole parade from the start to the end.....

:cop: :tigger:

BrowncatP
03-07-2008, 10:33 PM
There are sensors in the streets. Look for "I think it's 3?" small white round circles at various places in the street. The music comes from the speakers in the windows, and the floats as well. You can learn all of this from the backstage tour. I took the tour in 2001.

ncscgirl2005
03-07-2008, 11:35 PM
Thats a good question. I never thought about that.

Main Street Jim
03-08-2008, 07:27 AM
The parade music starts a few minutes before the first float gets to each area - Frontierland, Liberty Square, the Hub area, the top of Main Street, Casey's, and Town Square. Yes, the music "travels" with each float, both on-board each float and through the BGM (background music) speakers located in each area.

A bad example, if there is such a thing with a Disney parade :), was when Remember the Magic and Share a Dream did their show stops. Not every area got the same show stops, so the same audio didn't play in each area. For example, if the Mickey float stopped at say, the Emporium, then the Princess float stopped at Casey's, and the Peter Pan/Carousel float had just turned into the Hub (for the show stops). Listen to the "Magic in the Streets" CD to listen to what I'm talking about. :thumbsup:

For a *great* example of this, catch Spectro, listen to Jiminy Cricket's intro and watch the lights dim in each area (except for Frontierland, where they're already dim).