PDA

View Full Version : Caribbean Beach with DD in wheelchair??

Lori Anne
03-07-2008, 08:49 PM
We are in the planning stages for our next Disney vacation!!! we are looking at early December '09. We stayed at AKL in 2005 and had the most wonderful time!!! But, for financial reasons, we are looking into a moderate resort this time. I am really intrigued by the CBR! It looks so tropical! I don't mind the walking distance, as long as we could be guaranteed a 1st floor room!!! Rachel is in a wheelchair, trach, g-tube, seizures, etc.. and LOVES to be at Disney! she is also visually impaired. My question is, does the CBR have music playing around the resort?? It would be great if she could hear the "tropical" music while "rolling" around! especially as she won't be able to see the landscaping well!!
Thanks for your help!!!!
Lori.

Here we go again...
03-08-2008, 01:22 AM
yes, It does. It has a tropical, calypso, kind of feel. You will love it, It feels like being taken away to another relaxing vacation at the end of a day in the parks.

mrsgaribaldi
04-22-2008, 06:27 AM
I don't remember music but if Angel says they have it I believe her. I just wanted to say that the CBR is one of my favorites. We've stayed there several times and I love it. The grounds are beautiful. :thumbsup:

Disney Doll
04-22-2008, 02:25 PM
Yep, there is tropical music playing in the background. It's a nice resort and I think you'll like it. When you make your ressie just mention that you need a handicap accessible room. They will guarantee those and they are all 1st floor.

Marilyn Michetti
04-22-2008, 04:54 PM
I noticed that you're new, so.......

:rocks:WELCOME:rocks:

I hope you have a wonderful trip. If you're in a Disney resort, it should be.:cloud9:

kakn7294
04-23-2008, 12:08 PM
CBR is beautiful - one of our favs - and the music just adds to the fun. The other big advantage for you is that the rooms are the largest among the mods which should make it just a bit easier to manuver about the room. Definately request the handicap-accessible room as you absolutely must have first floor access - there are no elevators available for guest use.