PDA

View Full Version : Do monrails have wipers on the front window?

goofiecrazy
03-07-2008, 08:43 PM
I dont know if this is the right place or not... Have you ever wondered if the monorails have windshield wipers? Its raining here and on my way to work tonight I was thinking about it for some strange reason.Its not like they would go off the tracks..Do they have them I dont remember if they do..My husband said yeah..

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-07-2008, 09:05 PM
I think I remember seeing them. I know when we rode in the front a couple of years ago they actually had a leak coming through the windshield. When we got out they weren't letting anyone else ride in the front.

CaptainDisney
03-07-2008, 09:20 PM
This is a very common monorail question. As a WDW monorail pilot, I can tell you that there are no wipers on the windshields. When it rains the water beads up and stays there for hours (no rain-x either because the windshields are made of plexi glass). "Making visuals" is important in order to see the numbers on the pylons: it is the only method of identifying location along the beam. But it's true that the monorail is not going to go anywhere...at least it hasn't happened yet ;)

Duchess99
03-08-2008, 11:50 AM
Really? No wipers?
I don't remember ever seeing any, but I just figured there had to be...
You learn something new everyday :thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
03-08-2008, 12:01 PM
1) No wipers on the monorail trains.
2) Normay not a issue.
3) Only causes problems for left and right turns.

Pat Ryan
03-10-2008, 11:03 AM
We rode up front a year or two ago and asked the pilot... no wipers. She said even when it's raining it's not really a big deal.

BluewaterBrad
03-10-2008, 04:54 PM
This is a very common monorail question. As a WDW monorail pilot, I can tell you that there are no wipers on the windshields. When it rains the water beads up and stays there for hours (no rain-x either because the windshields are made of plexi glass). "Making visuals" is important in order to see the numbers on the pylons: it is the only method of identifying location along the beam. But it's true that the monorail is not going to go anywhere...at least it hasn't happened yet ;)

Cool info Thanks!!!!:mickey:

RoosMomKanga
03-12-2008, 08:54 AM
We've ridden in the front in the rain and have movies of the rain on the windshield...no wipers. :eek: Glad we were on a "track"!