PDA

View Full Version : Two new rides, which one first?

kbean
03-07-2008, 08:10 PM
Ok, this summer we have Toy Story Mania opening at WDW. And we have the Simpsons opening at Universal. Which one are you more excited to ride?

GrmGrninGost
03-08-2008, 12:09 AM
In my book, if it's Disney it's great! :mickey:

DisneyGiant
03-08-2008, 01:50 AM
What's a Universal? ;)

kbean
03-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Universal Studios in Orlando, FL

caryrae
03-08-2008, 08:54 AM
What do they do at this Universal Studios of which you speak?:unsure:

I think most here will pick a Disney attraction over a Universal one most of the time.

MOJoe
03-08-2008, 10:20 AM
Universal Studios in Orlando, FL

There is another Theme Park in Orlando?

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-08-2008, 10:54 AM
I have heard of the strange place called Universal, but I'll stick with Disney any day!

Duchess99
03-08-2008, 11:13 AM
Ok I'm going to be the first to say I voted for the Simpsons.
I'm a Disney FREAK, but the Simpsons...come on! What a cool ride that's going to be!

NJ Camper
03-08-2008, 11:22 AM
sadly I voted agianst disney this was very hard but come on people the simpsons they are beyond great to bad disney didn't have this that might be the only reason for me to make a trip to universal now

caryrae
03-08-2008, 12:45 PM
but there are some of us who have never watched the Simpsons, like me, so it doesn't mean as much. That's why I choose Toy Story over The Simpsons.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
03-08-2008, 02:24 PM
"Universal"? Never heard of it.

So, I'm going with Toy Story.

;)

Chris :hatter:

Tink2002
03-08-2008, 04:35 PM
I enjoy the Simpsons, but if I'm taking the time to travel all the way down the coast to Florida, I'm going to be at Disney.:mickey:

ligirlz
03-08-2008, 05:24 PM
I can't wait for Toy Story Mania. It looks so fun. I love the Simpsons but I would pick Toy Story first.

kbean
03-09-2008, 01:22 AM
Wow, I can't some never heard of Universal or Island ofAdventure. Their both amusement parks with the same quality rides as disney, except they have more thrill rides. Especially at Island of Adventures. They both are great parks to visit.

elmjimmlm
03-09-2008, 03:46 AM
How could anyone pick Bart over Woody? I dont think that there is any contest...Toy Story is soooooo much better by far...I cant wait to ride it in Dec....
We have talked about Universal (sorry) but when it comes down to it, that would take time away from our Disney vacation...Would it not be like cheating? :noway:

caryrae
03-09-2008, 10:27 AM
Wow, I can't some never heard of Universal or Island ofAdventure. Their both amusement parks with the same quality rides as disney, except they have more thrill rides. Especially at Island of Adventures. They both are great parks to visit.

We were all just pulling you leg;). Of course we heard and been to Universal and Island Of Adventure (at least I have).

javamama
03-09-2008, 03:23 PM
IMO Disney is almost always better than Universal(Spiderman is great, and the Mummy). I do like the Simpsons, since I was a kid in highschool so it should be ok--but I have intention to go there anytime soon. So I'll wait. Now I can't wait till next year when I can go on Toy Story:thumbsup:

jszczur5
03-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Sorry to admit that I voted for the Simpsons. Toy Story Mania just sounds like a ramped up version of Buzz; which I can take or leave.
We will be spending 2 or 3 days at Universal this summer before our 10 days at Disney, so I will actually be able to compare the two. I'm not really sure what the Simpsons ride is even going to be like. It's sure it's bound to be a better ride than Back to the Future, which really started to show its age compared to Shrek 4D and Jimmy Neutron.

figgie
03-09-2008, 11:04 PM
Not a Simpson fan, so I voted for Toy Story. I like Universal and have a yearly pass there also(Much cheaper than Disney PAP, especially when they run their two years for the price of one specials) but I have to say, I still would rather have my Disney pass any day. the feeling I get with WDW is love, Universal is just a theme park, not my family!:mickey:

biodtl
03-10-2008, 01:19 PM
I went with Toy Story. I think that Universal sounds really great, but if I am going to Orlando, I am going to WDW - period. I won't waste even one day away from WDW to go to another park. Maybe someday...

cal5755
03-10-2008, 01:27 PM
Ummm Toy Story lol... I have never been to universal. We keep saying next time we go to Disney we will take a day to go there. Every trip we add more days to our disney trip... and ... just can't tear ourselves away from the magic to go.

RAIDER
03-11-2008, 04:39 AM
Sorry i am going to be a traitor and go for the simpsons ;):D

WDWFREAK101
03-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Obviously Toy Story Mania.
I think the simpsons would be a little fun but i NEVER go to Universal. Of course since Disney is the center attraction at Orlando. EVERYBODY goes there. I am just REALLY upset because The Simpsons took the place of the ONLY REASON I GO TO UNIVERSAL! Back To The Future was one of my favorite films of my childhood and STILL today! I had the honor of riding it when it first came out and i rode it again the week of it's closing. I HATE UNIVERSAL FOR GETTING RID OF THIS!!! What does the Simpsons have to do with Universal anyway?!?! "Ride The Movies" not "Watch the simpsons!!!" There are so many other places ALL over the park to put a ride and out of all of the empty warehouses for decoration they choose to put it on top of one of Universal's BIGGEST successes! The film was number 1 at the box office for 3 or 4 weeks and the attraction was amazing! Sure it wasn't as good as the technology we have now but it was a must see for any age. Why would Universal make such a mistake like that? Universal gets rid of the BEST rides, that is why i am glad that Disney doesn't do that. The Simpsons is a boycott for me. Universal is a boycott right now for the time being. I love my Disney and i am happy that Disney doesn't get rid of rides that much as it use too. Toy Story Mania has my vote.

Love of Disney
03-11-2008, 05:28 PM
For sure Toy Story Mania!! :cool:

Jonas_Swe
03-11-2008, 05:49 PM
But I voted against Disney... :jaw:
Do I have to return my Mickey Ears now??? :hide2:

Magic Smiles
03-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Sorry to admit that I voted for the Simpsons. Toy Story Mania just sounds like a ramped up version of Buzz;

My sentiments exactly. I love Buzz, but aren't these two attractions going to be very similiar? We always take a day to go to Universal on each trip anyways.

Followthatmouse
03-11-2008, 06:27 PM
Toy Story Mania.

I'm crossing my fingers for a soft opening at the end of May. Well, a girl can be hopeful, can't she? ;)

alwaysmickey
03-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Uni who:confused::confused:

dteed
03-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Thank goodness the Simpsons is Universal.

wilshade
03-11-2008, 09:18 PM
I voted for Toy Story only because Universal has no interest for me at all.

Bringonthemouse!
03-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Thank goodness the Simpsons is Universal.
:ditto:
Toy Story!
:mickey:

Mickey91
03-13-2008, 12:45 AM
TOY STORY!! Couldn't care less about the Simpsons or Universal

mrsgaribaldi
03-13-2008, 04:02 AM
We go to Disney 4-5 times a year, never been to Universal yet:secret:

readytogo2
03-19-2008, 07:05 PM
If it is Disney im going for it. Not a big fan of Universal