PDA

View Full Version : Toy Story Mania

Red Randal
03-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Has anybody noticed that Toy Story Mania is just Buzz Lightyear with some extra characters? Just curious.

kbean
03-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Yeah, I have thought the same thing. I'm too hype yet about this attraction. I would like to see an attraction that is modern, but also has a touch of the classic dark ride theme. For example, Universal and the Simpsons ride. I can't wait for that.

Ian
03-07-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm not really sure I agree with that.

I mean yes, it's not exactly the most original idea on the planet. It's really more of a cross between Buzz and Spiderman at IOA.

But it's definitely next-gen as compared to Buzz. Much more sophisticated and complex.

goofiecrazy
03-07-2008, 09:22 PM
When is it going to open?

GrumpyFan
03-08-2008, 01:38 AM
I think I've seen it referred to as Buzz Lightyear 2.0, but in my opinion it just like 1.5. Regardless, it's another new attraction for the Studios, and it's a people-eater, as far as theoretical hourly capacity goes. So, it should help add to the capacity of the park.

I'm just miffed that it has taken this long to finally get a Toy Story attraction. I guess we have John Lassiter for this. Now, if they would just build a coaster based on the door scene from Monsters, Inc, that would be awesome!

Red Randal
03-08-2008, 02:57 AM
Kbean: Darkwing Duck avatar = awesome! :thumbsup:

Jared
03-08-2008, 09:32 AM
Speaking of Toy Story Mania!, anyone think we'll see soft openings over Memorial Day weekend? I'd love to try it out before I go again in December.

Aurora
03-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Now, if they would just build a coaster based on the door scene from Monsters, Inc, that would be awesome!

I thought the same thing as soon as I saw the movie -- what a great ride that would be!!