PDA

View Full Version : Rate the Hoop-De-Doo Musical Review

Jeff G
03-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Just like the poll for the Luau we also are debating over whether we should try the Hoop-De-Doo. My poll is to see what everyone who has tried the Revue really thinks of it. Please feel free to leave feedback as well.

The options are:
1. Excellent - A don't miss.
2. Very Good
3. Average
4. Poor - Don't waste your time with it.

Since we are already booked on the dining plan price is not an option so please vote how you feel about it without the cost aspect.

Thanks!

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
03-07-2008, 05:22 PM
Well, when we went a few years ago the food was cold and borderline uneatable. Also, we had been fans of The Diamond Horseshoe Revue in MK for years, so nothing about the entertainment seemed new to us either.

With that said, we will give it a shot again when we go next. The kids haven't seen it yet and we've done the Luau the last two trips.

Hopefully the food will be at least warm...maybe even hot.

1goofyfamily
03-07-2008, 05:38 PM
We had such a good time on our last trip. We sat at a table in the 2nd row right at the end of the steps up to the stage. Our kids were laughing so hard the entire time. Didn't help that the cast was picking on their grandpa the entire show. We couldn't believe we had waited so long to try it out but since we were on the DP we figured we'd give it a shot - this was before they tiered the pricing. Food was great I stuffed myself...only disapointment was they didn't refill my beer quick enough considering it was included I was going to make it worth it.

mom2four
03-07-2008, 05:59 PM
We just had there on March 4th and the kids had a blast. We were in the balcony (category two) and had a great view of the show. The cast members include the entire audience in including the balcony during the show.

It was much smaller then I thought it would be.

Food was terrible (with the exception of the salad and cornbread).

The show was great. My kids were cracking up the entire night, My 7 year old DH could barely catch her breath she was laughing so hard.

It is expensive though, so I would only do it once in a while. I am set for a long time.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-07-2008, 06:06 PM
We've been to HDD twice, both time on the dining plan, and we loved it both times!

The show is so funny, we laughed so hard it almost hurt, just a really corny show. The actors are fabulous, and we loved it.

The food was good, we were served quickly, they brought refills quickly and we enjoyed it and had no issues with it at all. They brought mac & cheese for DD, along with all of the regular ribs, chicken, corn, etc.

DH likes the free beer refills too :beer:

All together, we really liked the whole experience and are excited to be going back in May.

I'll vote that if you've never been, you really do need to go at least once :thumbsup:

Goofeygal
03-07-2008, 06:22 PM
We have done the HDD several times and have always loved it. The food is the best and so is the entertainment.:mickey::number1::thumbsup:

DakotaDisney
03-07-2008, 06:57 PM
I have not seen it yet. I have been thinking about it though. I hear that it is fun.

A girl that grew up in the town I live in here in North Dakota is currently playing Claire (don't know the last name) in the show.

I don't know her personally, but I know who she is and I remember watching her perform in the high school & community plays when I moved to town. Her family still lives here in town.

Belle_0717
03-08-2008, 01:43 PM
Forget the luau. The HDD is awesome. The food and the entertainment are great.

bmj721
03-08-2008, 03:20 PM
We took my in-laws in Oct of '05. None of us had been to the Hoop Dee Doo before. We sat at the stage front. The show was very funny in a typical corny sense but refreshing in this era of blue humor. The food was actually good. And since we informed the CM's that it was my in-laws' 50th anniversary the performers included them in the comedy. This, of course, made the evening that much more special for us all. It was the best choice for us that trip. I'd go again.

Hull-onian
03-08-2008, 05:08 PM
I didn't vote in the poll because we are going for the first time this year. We have gone to the Luau and loved it. We had a blast. We are looking forward to getting to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. I guess you take a bus and then a boat. Sounds like fun. I have heard from other people that the food is good too. :eat:

bertmmur
03-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Went last year, was a big highlight of our trip. My 8 year old son could not have had more fun, stuffing his face and laughing so hard I thought he might choke. When we planned our trip for this year, he said only if we went to Hoop Dee Doo! The service was great also.

nursienurse4
03-09-2008, 01:24 PM
I first went for my 18th birthday in 1990 with my family and loved it! Convinced DH to go on our honeymoon in 2000 and he LOVED it too! Well, in 2005, when ALL the in-laws went, we had to drag them in kicking and screaming!! Literally! DD (3 1/2) and DS (17 months) enjoyed and stayed seated for 80% of the time. Since that time, they have ALL decided it is a MUST DO for each and every trip. My mother-in-law even insists on paying so we can have Category 1 seating at 5:30 show. Even DD (now 5/12) and DS (now 3 1/2) can't wait to go in June 2008 just to play the washboard again. I have also checked with HDDR and since DD & DS don't like anything but the corn and the dessert, they will let us choose from whatever is on the menu next door, included in the price we already paid.:mickey:

Pop Centurion
03-09-2008, 05:02 PM
We ate there in '06 and it was excellent. Last year I wanted to skip it since we already done it but my GF insisted. I'm glad we did it again because it was just as fun. Food is really good and the show itself will have you laughing the whole time. My only complaint about last year is the CM that played Six Piece was kinda dull where as the one from '06 was hilarious and played the character well especially with his body language and expressions. Wish he was still there. :(

AuntLaura
03-09-2008, 08:22 PM
We have been to the WhoopDeDoo too many times to count and have never been disappointed. Food was always good and the entertainment always good for lots of laughs. We only went to the Luau once, and I personally will never go back. The thing I like about the WhoopDeDoo is there are discreet times to eat, and discreet times to listen to the entertainment. At the Luau, the food is good, but the audience is so large that to me it was very chaotic. I had the sense that most of the time the audience was ignoring what was happening on stage because the waiters always seemed to be in some stage of serving dinner.

NJ Camper
03-09-2008, 08:43 PM
Have also been many times we would 100% recommend it great show and food lots of chicken ,ribs,corn and that stuff oh yeah and strawerry short cake what more can you want

Disneypixie513
03-09-2008, 09:29 PM
We went back in August. I was aprehensive being 15, i thought i wouldn't like it.. Man, i don't think i could have been more wrong. It was great! One of the best dining places on Disney property! The food was very good, and show was very funny. Almost couldn't eat from the fear of choking. :)
I highly recommend it :thumbsup:

figgie
03-09-2008, 09:38 PM
We were lucky enough to get a table center stage for our anniversary several years ago. It was wonderful. My DH got a lot of attention and was made part of the show all night. It is one of my favorite places to go. Love it!

P.S. The earlier you book, the better table you get.

c&d
03-10-2008, 10:16 AM
I voted very good. I'm glad we did it, but I don't feel that we need to do it every time we're down. There are just soooo many other things we want to do and see.

With that said, will we do it again, probably.

MickeyChick
03-10-2008, 11:05 AM
We did the HDD in January with my two sons (4 and 1 at the time) at the last show of the night. I feared they would be cranky but instead they laughed and danced the whole time. The food was excellent and so was the service.

Definitely not to be missed.

CU Tiger
03-10-2008, 12:45 PM
We LOVE the HDDR! :number1:Our DD’s enjoy the show and being able to participate at the end. This has to be some of the best fried chicken at DW. Being able to have a couple cold beverages:beer::marg: is not bad for the parent either:blush: after a long day at the parks. All good fun and great service! :mickey:

Mackflava99
03-10-2008, 01:03 PM
I really liked the food- the service was terrific and the show was fun i also liked our picture we got outside- it came out nice-

Chicken was very very good-

I would do it again, without an issue.

cal5755
03-10-2008, 02:45 PM
I am so glad to hear all the positive reviews. I get to make ADRS next week and Hoopdee doo is one of the things we are planning!!

beksy
03-10-2008, 09:06 PM
We went for the first time on our last trip and absolutely LOVED it! We were laughing the entire time and loved Sixpence. The food was great too. My sister has now included it on her must-do list for every trip! :thumbsup:

N2DisneyWorld
03-11-2008, 09:27 PM
We had such a good time at the HDDR. I can't wait to go again in November. :mickey: