PDA

View Full Version : Tax returns are so annoying even after you file!!!!!

Gooftroop5
03-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Lets start at the beginning. This is state not federal. Matter of fact federal is back & well on its way to being spent. Part of it going to Mickey Mouse. We had to mail the state or pay to efile. Well figured it be cheaper to mail. Well I'm beginning to wonder. We got it back saying insufficent postage which my parents mailed theirs and they had the same # of pages we had and they didn't have to pay any extra. Added extra postage and mailed. Well we thought we were golden....lol.

We got a letter last week with a copy of our return telling us that the first 2 pages were missing. Which we knew was totally bs because everything was stapled together also it had our address label on it. So needless to say we did what they told us to do and resubmitted all of our tax return again. All the pages. Printed the forms off and took it to the post office this time paid $1.14 to send it all over again. Annoyed but figured this would fix everything....rofl (not really but what I really want to do is :bang:

Well today we got another letter saying we were missing forms. Guess which pages came today. Yep you guessed it the infamous missing pages that we supposedly never submitted. A copy of them anyways. Well since I knew these were the original (the address label from the tax book was on it) I wanted to know what I needed to so did I need to send the letter back or ignore it. After being on hold for at least 10 minutes I got transferred to someone else over 10 minutes later they actually talked to me. I ended up being on the phone for at least 45 minutes & I only talked to someone for 5 minutes (they kept putting me on hold to "check" things.) I was finally told I could ignore the letter or mail it back with a note saying I already resubmitted it. I'm sending the letter back with the note. Covering my behind. Of course it takes 2 weeks for it to show up anywhere in their system so there is no way to know if its sitting there somewhere or not. So over $2.00 (ok cheaper than $30 to online submit it) I might get my tax refund within another month to 6 weeks if I'm lucky.

Thank you I needed to vent this has been so annoying especially since you know you didn't screw up they did. However being the government they never make a mistake. :rolleyes:

Now on top of it while on the phone it started snowing which they said wasn't suppose to happen this early we were suppose to get rain then switch to snow. :(

sorarail
03-07-2008, 04:50 PM
I agree! Tax time is a headache!:ill:
In which state do you live? I'd be raising all kind of ruckus with the higher ups if this happened to me.
I hope your refund comes sooner rather than later so you'll have more :spend: to play with at WDW.:mickey:
Happy Friday!

Jeri Lynn
03-07-2008, 04:52 PM
My daughter got her state tax return check back and it had her name wrong on her check.
There is a difference between Katrina and Katherine.

I called and spoke to the person at the MA Dept of Revenue and he suggested I have her sign Katherine on the back and then put her real name in parenthesis....it just did not sound right...so I asked him again and then he told me, well maybe it would be better if you send the check back and we will reissue it with her correct name!

Unbelievable!!...We are still waiting for the new check.

disneymom15
03-07-2008, 05:56 PM
I know what you mean. The govt is never wrong. I work in a family owned business. Sales tax, at the time was submitted through the mail with a check for the amount due. Well,I get a letter one day stating that I figured the tax amount due wrong and that we were being fined and charged interest on the shortage. I double check my numbers and my numbers were correct. So I call them, of course they're rude on the phone, well it turns out that someone there key punched a wrong number and we don't owe any extra. I can see were a mistake can happen, but never once did they say sorry.

tinkerbell04
03-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Yuck, what a headache. I am so sorry that you have to go through all of that. i hope it all goes well from here on out.

sleepingbooty
03-07-2008, 08:22 PM
How funny, I JUST now finished my returns on Turbo Tax and e-filed. I clicked on Intercot for something to do while they print out. Yes, taxes are frustrating, but so much less so now that you can do it all online, I think. Only took me a few hours, and I'll probably have my refund within a couple weeks. Ought to have them just mail it directly to the Walt Disney Travel Company!

Dakota Rose
03-07-2008, 08:41 PM
I once over paid my taxes by 22 cents. I got a letter from the IRS saying I had a $49.78 fine for overpaying my taxes by 22 cents. It was actually a $50 fine but they credited me the 22 cents towards the fine, wasn't that nice of them?

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-08-2008, 12:41 AM
When I was in college I filed my taxes over the phone. For some reason the automated service didn't accept one of the items I entered and the next year I got a notice saying that I owed the government money and had to pay the government interest on the money. I never filed it that way again.

Now I get the headache of all of the details of deductions. I still haven't finished mine. :bang:

Gooftroop5
03-08-2008, 07:03 AM
I agree! Tax time is a headache!:ill:
In which state do you live? I'd be raising all kind of ruckus with the higher ups if this happened to me.
I hope your refund comes sooner rather than later so you'll have more :spend: to play with at WDW.:mickey:
Happy Friday!

Its NYS and we know we won't get anywhere talking to anyone including supervisors. My mil had problems with a rebate tax that we got last year. She called and they told her to call back at a certain time. She kept calling talked to numerous supervisors in different departments and they all refused to tell her anything until a certain date. She was so fustrated that she called our local state senator they gave her a different # to call. She called that # and got the same runaround finally a month later and the date they said she should call back on came. Come to find out her check was held up because they (mil & fil) had to file an amended income tax and anybody that did this was being held until that time for further review to make sure they were eligible for the rebate. No one can understand why they couldn't just tell her that to begin with. They knew that. Somebody did anyways.

My mom figured they really don't want to pay us our refund so they are holding it up on purpose. I think it was just someone being careless and instead of looking to see if it might be there it was easier for them to say we never sent it. :shrug:

BronxTigger
03-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Its NYS and we know we won't get anywhere talking to anyone including supervisors. My mil had problems with a rebate tax that we got last year. She called and they told her to call back at a certain time. She kept calling talked to numerous supervisors in different departments and they all refused to tell her anything until a certain date. She was so fustrated that she called our local state senator they gave her a different # to call. She called that # and got the same runaround finally a month later and the date they said she should call back on came. Come to find out her check was held up because they (mil & fil) had to file an amended income tax and anybody that did this was being held until that time for further review to make sure they were eligible for the rebate. No one can understand why they couldn't just tell her that to begin with. They knew that. Somebody did anyways.

My mom figured they really don't want to pay us our refund so they are holding it up on purpose. I think it was just someone being careless and instead of looking to see if it might be there it was easier for them to say we never sent it. :shrug:

I've lived in the state of New York for almost 3 years now and that sounds like our government!

ALL of the state agencies appear to be just as inept. I have to deal with the state Dept. of Education for my certifications and it's an utter nightmare. I haven't done my taxes quite yet so I don't have any tax stories for this year (yet).