PDA

View Full Version : Anybody been during the days of March 28th - April 2nd?

Volunteer
03-07-2008, 03:56 PM
That's when my family, friends, and I are going. I'm expecting the worse since spring breaks and all - it's always better to assume the worst ... right? :)

Pikea
03-08-2008, 05:17 PM
Hope someone replies and lets us know.

russk42
03-10-2008, 07:57 AM
We went once during spring break a couple years ago. By early afternoon, the crowds were so bad in Libery Square that we literally couldn't move. i held my daughter up above my head, and she couldn't see anything but people--not good for the clausterphobic. Apparently crowds can build up in one area quickly, and turn into gridlock. Cast members were trying to disperse the crowds, advising people to go to adventureland, for example, but it took a while.
There were long waits for everything, including TTA. There was even a queue at one of the men's rooms!

I'd advise you to wake up early and get to the park gate well before the opening time, and carefully plan your use of fastpasses. the only bonus to going at Spring break is that nearly everything will be open; for instance, the pirate and parrot restaurant in Adventureland and Aunt Polly's are likely to be open during those weeks, but not during the rest of the season.
Come to think of it, tom sawyer's island may be quite relaxing when crowds hit their peak in the rest of the MK.

russk42
03-10-2008, 08:05 AM
Did I mention the traffic? I-95 was a disaster coming back. No wrecks that we could see, but there were many long stretches of brake lights--often in some of the long stretches without exits.

My advice: leave orlando VERY early---the I-95 traffic will be coming not only from Orlando, but from all the beaches between Miami and Myrtle.