PDA

View Full Version : ??'s about Resort Hopping w/Dining Plan

chicklittlemom
03-07-2008, 11:54 AM
We are looking at Disney vacation in August. :mickey:I wanted to spend 3 days at POR and 2 days at WL. Made my plans thru Disney Travel. When I called to see if we could split the stay, I was told I would have to buy 2 day Park passes at one resort and 3 day Park passes at the other resort in order to use the Dining plan. :confused: Does this sound right? And if so, is there anyone out there who has done this and can tell me the pros or cons to this plan? Thanks for any help!

Taja
03-07-2008, 12:08 PM
You're technically purchasing two packages, one for each resort. And a package consists of room, tickets and, in your case, the dining plan.

It would be less expensive to stay at one resort for that short a visit. The park tickets become less expensive on a per day basis the longer you stay--up to 10 days.

If you were staying longer, you could do a longer visit at one resort on a package with extra park days and dining plan, then move to room only at the second resort for two or three nights.

You might want to price your options and determine what works best for you.

mook3y
03-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Because of the increase of cost in tickets, i am guessing it would be cheaper to just stay at WL the whole time.

Well ovbiously cheaper at POR the whole time.

Just meant that if you are going to switch in the middle, it will be a lot of $$$

Tinkerfreak
03-07-2008, 12:53 PM
We had considered doing this a couple of years ago and decided not to for just that reason. Not only was it more money but it would have been a hassle to make sure we used up all of our dining credits from the first stay before we checked out or we would have lost them. It is totally treated like 2 separate packages. We ended up just staying at the same resort for the entire trip.

TheRustyScupper
03-07-2008, 03:19 PM
1) It will cost over $200 more for each adult.
2) That is because you would have to buy new tickets.
3) If staying at the same resort, additional days are only $2 each.

Johnno52
03-07-2008, 03:54 PM
We did the split resorts the last 2 years, but only did the DDP on the first sections. We used the CS only at night on the first day and a TS on the last day (checkout day) this way you can still have 4 days of DDP without the hassle of separate packages. You can still purchase the park tickets for your whole stay on your first resort package. The other day you would have to eat OOP. :thumbsup:

chicklittlemom
03-07-2008, 08:21 PM
:) Thanks for all your help. I don't think this will work for us. Too complicated (not to mention the cost) for me and that is what I am trying to avoid on this vacation. Maybe a different time!