PDA

View Full Version : I need a good shove...

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-07-2008, 11:46 AM
Let me start off my mentioning how badly I procrastinate. But not for the purpose of putting it off (well, not completely anyways...:blush:)... I write papers SOOOOOO much better when I have literally hours to do it. Like, my term paper that was due last Saturday--I researched and wrote it in 7.5 hours, with breaks, 9 pages long... got a 95 on it. If I take my time on a paper though, I do no better than a B or so... I don't get it.

So anyways, I have a term paper... HUGE term paper due on Saturday by midnight. I started it last night because this is all statistics and correlations and stuff. I can do it. I just am not really motivated because it isn't the day of. However, if I know that if I wait until tomorrow morning to start it, I will never finish it in time.

So someone give me a kick in the butt.

That is all.

bleukarma
03-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Stop posting on Intercot and go work on your paper!!!!! :mickey:

Thank about how happy you will be when it's done. The sooner you start on it, the sooner you will finish it. Then you can celebrate! :party:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-07-2008, 11:56 AM
but posting on intercot is so much more fun...lol and interesting. i'm sorry, but i could care less about the standard deviation and correlation coefficient of SAT test scores between males and females... we all know girls are smarter...:D

PirateLover
03-07-2008, 12:05 PM
DO YOUR PAPER!!!!! Honestly unless you need the internet to research, I would disconnect it. I had to do that a few times myself. It's so easy when you're already on the computer to say "Hey I'll just see what's new online" and then your sucked in for another hour. YOU CAN DO IT! Think how happy you'll be when you can relax and have some of your Saturday left to enjoy instead of working to the last minute.

WishingStar2006
03-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Do your paper....

Besides....we spring "back" Saturday night so you're gonna lose an hour....so you have to prepare to lose the hour....busy busy!

Gooftroop5
03-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Hopefully you will be done with your paper by the time you read this so you won't need this push to get the paper done. Even if I was like you. If I waited to the last minute I got A's if I actually did it over time I got B's or worse.

Anyways do your paper. Better to get it done and a B in stead of not getting it done at all.

Good luck!

SteveL
03-07-2008, 05:15 PM
The best I ever pulled off was doing two term paspers in one night.
I cut my first class to finish typing it in the library, turned it in to the teacher as class let out, went to my second period to turn that paper in, cut class, and crashed in the college union building for 6 hours.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-07-2008, 10:27 PM
I actually finished the paper about 6.5 hours ago... Pretty durn good paper too.

So I took about 8.5 hours on this paper. Man, I am awesome.

Thanks for everyone motivating me... lol

I AM DONE WITH TERM 3!!! I GET A WEEK OFF AND THEN... term 4 begins. poo.

ncscgirl2005
03-07-2008, 11:26 PM
Cool beans. Glad you finished. Can I get a kick now? I have a Trig exam in the morning but I am not motivated at all to study!

MsMin
03-08-2008, 11:00 AM
Cool beans. Glad you finished. Can I get a kick now? I have a Trig exam in the morning but I am not motivated at all to study!
Here is your kick.... GET TO WORK....

Glad your paper is finished. I know how easy it is to wait but you do get into trouble if your computer crashes before it's due :jaw:
Start learning to work on outlines and jotting down your thoughts. If you go on to do a thesis you will need to prepare for this.
I was required to "volunteer" an hour a week at the info desk at the library so I heard lots of stories like the college freshman who ran in asking where we kept the cliff notes b/c she had an English paper due in an hour and hadn't read the book.... She was the queen of procrastination! A great way to end up out of school too.
We sing a little song here when we procrastinate. It goes to the tune of Imagination! It's called procrastination.... Can't tell you the lyrics because I'm still procrastinating on writing those down. We just sort of make them up as we go....:figment:

kaerbear178
03-08-2008, 11:17 AM
I'm the same way as you...I took a class on chinese history when I was working on my first degree. The papers were all book reports. The first one I read the book, wrote the paper a week ahead of time, revised...he said it didn't have enough depth. The second I didn't read more than 2 chapters and basically wrote the paper of the back of the book...I got a better grade! I know how you feel.