PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations Cruise

alilprincessmom
03-06-2008, 08:15 PM
I have heard of this option before, but I know very little about it. How far in advance do you need to book it and how much does it cost? Any help you can offer would be very much appreciated.

pox24
03-07-2008, 08:50 AM
The two that I know of is a pontton boat for up to 10 people for $ 275.00. And then there is "Breathless" which is a 24 ft ChrisCraft, that is also $ 275.00 for up to 6 people. Booking can be 90 days in advance. 407-WDW-Play is the number to reserve either one.

mouse-logic
03-07-2008, 12:02 PM
I have never succeeded in renting the Pontoon cruiser for the Illuminations show. You must be dialing the phone at the exact minute the lines open up 90 days in advance. I've been connected at 5 minutes after opening only to learn that the boats are taken. Bummer. But.....we always seem to find a great location to view the show (for free)....

mook3y
03-07-2008, 12:23 PM
We did this 2 years ago and had a blast.

We actually split a pontoon with another family from Intercot and had a really nice time.

You get a tour of the local waterways first.

Some people reported having issues with the smoke from the pyrotechnics blowing their way. We had no issues with this.

We thought it was a lot of fun and enjoyed meeting another intercotee. :)

bigbabyblues
03-08-2008, 11:49 AM
We've done the Illuminations Cruise twice, and I would not hesitate to do it again, IF I could snag one! It's been one of our favorite part of the trip both times.

You book it at 90 days out, and it's very hard to get. I got through at 7:01 one morning and got the last one. I didn't think I'd get it at all, and it was not for the day I wanted, but I was thrilled to get it! The first time, I was able to get one that had been canceled, just by sheer luck.

Scrod
03-08-2008, 09:24 PM
We loved it, did the pontoon boat. So much more fun than having to sit and claim a spot an hour before the show, everyone got to sit and have snacks, etc. Had a great unobstructed view of entire show.

If you can afford it, great experience.:thumbsup: