PDA

View Full Version : Costumes for the MNSSHP??

Princess2BsMom
03-06-2008, 11:40 AM
I know that our DD will dress up for the MNSSHP. But was wanting some suggestions for the rest of us DH, me and my mother. We are going in September --- so it is still going to warm ;) So, nothing really heavy!

Tinksalot
03-06-2008, 11:49 AM
My daughter and family went last year, she wore a shirt that said "Princess" and wore a crown and my son-in-law wore a shirt that said "I don't do costumes". They were comfortable and not too hot. :mpumpkin:

Taja
03-06-2008, 12:58 PM
We didn't wear costumes.

Some easy ideas:

scrubs
Mouseketeers (original)
Pirates (start a trend--wear shorts!)
Tourist ;)
Nerd/geek
Cheerleader

Quasimodo
03-06-2008, 03:19 PM
I would suggest checking out some of the large online costume stores. Just Google "costumes". They all have plenty of adult costumes. Including Disney themed costumes. More than once I have seen adult women in princess gowns. Even couples with the woman wearing a Cinderella gown and the man wearing a Prince Charming costume. Anything that goes together is much more fun than wearing individual costumes. I have seen people wearing playing card costumes. Lots and lots of pirate costumes too.

My DW, DD, and I all dressed as pirates last year ourselves. Pirate costumes are easy to make. My wife made one by getting a pair of black scrub paints and cutting the legs up to make it look ragged. Then wore a black and white striped shirt and a black pirate bandanna. She just wore some sneakers with that and was cool and comfortable.

Many people just wear Halloween themed t-shirts. During the party, you can buy special event MNSSHP t-shirts in some of the gift shops. These are only for sale during the event. You can't buy it before hand. However, you could all wear a temporary shirt, buy the MNSSHP shirts after the party starts, then go in the bathroom and change.

snerd475
03-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Yes, look for costumes on various websites. I always wear my Tinkerbell costume to the MNSSHP, as it is still quite warm then. Too warm for my Cinderella dress.

Send me a private message if you want a recommendation for a website. I got both my costumes there.

It is SO much fun to dress up! And what better place to do it than the place that takes you back to childhood! :mickey:

AuntLaura
03-06-2008, 06:14 PM
I went to a fabric store and bought black and white "dog fur" fabric on sale and sewed very basic sleeveless poncho-type covers for everyone. Bought some black banding for head bands and attached "dog" ears made out of the same fabric, and voila, the entire group was transformed into Dalmations. We all wore black shorts. It fit easily into our suitcases, and was inexpensive. When we were watching the parade, Cruella saw us. She pointed at us, shaking her hand, saying she had been looking for us. It was great fun.

ldc12377
03-06-2008, 06:54 PM
When we went to MNNSHP last year, we all dressed up like pirates and wore pirate Mickey ears with our costumes. Not real original but easy. However, while we were there, we saw the cutest idea for a costume. The family just wore plain white shirts with the name of one of the seven dwarfs on it. One said "GRUMPY", one said "HAPPY", another said "DOC", but the cutest one was on the baby which read "SLEEPY". The costumes were simple, inexpensive, original, and so adorable!! Just an idea.

disneymaster
03-07-2008, 12:21 AM
So, I plan on doing my first halloween party this year. I went last year to the MVMCP and LOVED it! So, I am planning on going at least twice to the halloween party. However, I DO NOT want to dress up. Do more people dress up than people that don't? I don't want to seem "silly" being the only person not dressed up...but since I am there alone dress up just is not as fun. It is like 20% not dress up to 80% dress up or the other way, or more like 50/50?

Taja
03-07-2008, 11:50 AM
So, I plan on doing my first halloween party this year. I went last year to the MVMCP and LOVED it! So, I am planning on going at least twice to the halloween party. However, I DO NOT want to dress up. Do more people dress up than people that don't? I don't want to seem "silly" being the only person not dressed up...but since I am there alone dress up just is not as fun. It is like 20% not dress up to 80% dress up or the other way, or more like 50/50?

Based on my one experience at MNSSHP, I think you'll find 90% of children in costumes and about 30% of adults.

Those who enjoy donning costumes do so, those who don't... :)