PDA

View Full Version : 1st time hotel resaurant traveler

Frognbug
03-06-2008, 10:51 AM
This is only our second time using the dining plan and we are trying some resaurants at the Boardwalk Hotel, Swan, and Yacht Club. Any suggestions on how to get to the resorts?

Taja
03-06-2008, 11:15 AM
What is your origination point?

Park, other resort, DTD, etc.?

Will you have a rental car or use WDW transportation?

What time of day? Won't make much difference in most cases, but very early or very late could.

bleukarma
03-06-2008, 11:22 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!!!!!!

If you are coming from another Disney resort then take a bus to MGM and jump on the boat to Boardwalk, Swan & Dolphin and Yacht Club. Or it’s about a 15 min walk from MGM to these resorts.

If you are coming from a park or DTD then take a bus to the resort.

:mickey:

Frognbug
03-06-2008, 11:41 AM
One day we will need to be at the Swan at 8 am and we will be going from Pop and the other day is at 1:30 pm we are just going to be wherever the moment takes us and we need to be at the Yacht Club. We will be using WDW transportation.

bleukarma
03-06-2008, 11:59 AM
One day we will need to be at the Swan at 8 am and we will be going from Pop and the other day is at 1:30 pm we are just going to be wherever the moment takes us and we need to be at the Yacht Club. We will be using WDW transportation.

On the day that you have to be at Yacht Club at 1:30, if you happen to be at Epcot then you can slip out the back at International Gateway (by France) and Yacht Club is a short 5 min walk from Epcot. If you're at MGM (Disney Studios) then you can walk or take a boat. :mickey:

When you leave from Pop take a bus to MGM and walk or take a boat.

MOJoe
03-06-2008, 12:47 PM
To get to the Swan from PoP at 8 in the morning, you probably need to take a cab. Unless the Studios have EMH that morning, the buses may not run early enough to get you there on time.
It is less of a problem to get to the Y&B Club. If you are at Epcot, exit out the International Gateway. Y&B Club is a very short walk from there. If you are at the Studios, you can walk, about 20, minutes, or take the Friendship Boat.

tinkerbell04
03-06-2008, 01:27 PM
I agree that to get to the Swan at 8 am, your best bet would be to take a cab. Getting to that area in the afternoon is much easier, just follow the directions in the earlier replies. However, I thought that you said you were on the dining plan, were you planning on using the dinng plan at the Swan, because I don't think that any of the restaurants at the Swan participate in the dining plan.

bleukarma
03-06-2008, 02:12 PM
I would double check with guest relations at the resort before ordering a cab (which you can do at guest relations). MGM has breakfasts and busses may be running that early.

wendy*darling
03-06-2008, 02:51 PM
However, I thought that you said you were on the dining plan, were you planning on using the dinng plan at the Swan, because I don't think that any of the restaurants at the Swan participate in the dining plan.
I agree- there are no restaurants at the Swan or Dolphin that participate in the Disney Dining Plan.
Double check where you are planning to eat using DDP credits.

Frognbug
03-06-2008, 07:42 PM
I cannot believe I made such a huge mistake! Swan doesn't participate! Thank you guys so much! Now to fine a new restaurant....:secret:

Jared
03-06-2008, 08:53 PM
I cannot believe I made such a huge mistake! Swan doesn't participate! Thank you guys so much! Now to fine a new restaurant....:secret:
Remember that you can only reach resorts from parks and Downtown Disney. You cannot go straight from Pop Century to Yacht Club, so consider your transportation options when making reservations. If you're going to eat at a resort, either schedule a later time or plan to take a cab.