PDA

View Full Version : Wireless keyboard HELP!!! My baby got ahold of it......

Flower
03-06-2008, 10:22 AM
We have a wireless Microsoft Multimedia keyboard for our home PC

Benjamin's new 'thing' is to come into the office and grab the keyboard. I think I have managed to fix most of the things he changed, but I cannot get my number pad to work - I have the NumLock on and have double checked it, but even with it showing as being on, the only thing that happens is a menu screen pops up when I press the #5, no numbers come on the screen, the number pad does not act as the mouse buttons by moving the cursor, etc.

Can anyone help me get my number pad back, or is there anyway I can re-set my wireless keyboard?

Thanks!!:blush:

Flower
03-06-2008, 10:31 AM
I figured it out!!!! See 123456789!!!

Note to self, keep babies out of reach of wireless keyboards & mouse!!!

Now, can we not delete posts anymore? I was going to delete this post and cannot see how to do it? Am I really losing it today?

crazypoohbear
03-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Glad to see you figured it out.
It's nice to see he found something else to do besides clime the outside of the stairs!
Best of luck with him! If you are not coloring the gray in your hair yet I'm sure you will be soon! :secret::blush:

mook3y
03-06-2008, 11:27 AM
LOL... so been there.

To fix this issue, we bought a new (clean) cheap keyboard and cut off the cord.

Then when our kids were babies, they could bang away like mommy and daddy and it didnt matter!

Flower
03-06-2008, 11:59 AM
LOL... so been there.

To fix this issue, we bought a new (clean) cheap keyboard and cut off the cord.

Then when our kids were babies, they could bang away like mommy and daddy and it didnt matter!

What an awesome Idea!!!! I may just have to try that!!

BronxTigger
03-06-2008, 06:55 PM
I figured it out!!!! See 123456789!!!

Note to self, keep babies out of reach of wireless keyboards & mouse!!!

Now, can we not delete posts anymore? I was going to delete this post and cannot see how to do it? Am I really losing it today?

You can delete posts if you click on the "edit post" button. However, if you started a thread, I believe you cannot delete the first post in a thread. Only a moderator can delete the first post in a thread.

Flower
03-06-2008, 07:36 PM
You can delete posts if you click on the "edit post" button. However, if you started a thread, I believe you cannot delete the first post in a thread. Only a moderator can delete the first post in a thread.

Yes, I was able to delete the second post, but could not delete the first 'thread starter'. I know we always used to be able to! Oh well!