PDA

View Full Version : Learning the Hard Way

ShelbyAD
03-06-2008, 09:07 AM
We've all had to learn things the hard way. I'm sure I'm the Queen of them, but this morning I really learned something. Never take Vitamins on an empty stomach :sick: Thankfully my stomach is feeling better. I ate some oatmeal. I will never do that again.

What have you learned the hard way?

ChipDale2708
03-06-2008, 09:58 AM
ShelbyAD - I learned that same one but on vacation! I took mine as I was getting ready in the morning to go to breakfast (we were in Vegas) and all of a sudden I broke into a cold sweat and was almost :sick:. The feeling passed, but I'll never do that again! Glad you're feeling better now!

Disneymom4ever
03-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Yep, same thing here, I took a vitamin on an empty stomach and then went to Wal-Mart for groceries. I'm telling you, I almost lost it! Right there in the grocery aisle. I swore off vitamins for a while, but I realize how much we all need them, so now I take one with a big glass of milk AT breakfast! :mickey:

mook3y
03-06-2008, 10:58 AM
well.....

Im 40 and will "finally" be a senior at the University of NE this fall.

3+ years of working full-time, school full-time with a DW and 2 small children.

Not an easy task.

Should have stayed in college way back when!
;)

mrsgaribaldi
03-06-2008, 01:03 PM
Never take the plastic off a dvd or cd with a knife!! :blush:

tennantsrwe
03-06-2008, 02:40 PM
I think the best life lesson I've learned comes directly from Mother Teresa:

People are often self-centered, forgive them anyway. If you are kind people may accuse you of ulterior motives, be kind anyway. If you are honest people may cheat you, be honest anyway. If you find happiness people may be jealous, be happy anyway. The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow, do good anyway. For you see in the end it is between you and God, it was never between you and them anyway.

Those are words I try to live by and teach my children, very insightful IMHO. :thumbsup:

sorarail
03-06-2008, 05:20 PM
Thank you, CTennant, for the words from Mother Teresa. They are words to live by. :thumbsup: