PDA

View Full Version : Crowds around Labor Day

Disdad13
03-05-2008, 05:17 PM
We have been to DW the last three years, but always the last week or two of September. We are considering going again, but maybe mid-week before Labor Day thru a day or two after. How bad are the crowds at that time? We are use to light crowds, practically walking on to most attractions, with a max. wait time usually of only 10 - 15 minutes max. How much worse is it around Labor Day week/weekend? Are we too spoiled with our past experiences to be able to enjoy it if it is too busy?

tadshome
03-05-2008, 07:30 PM
We were there last labor day and the crowds were quite heavy but in the days following labor day we were able to walk onto the rides with little or no wait :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-05-2008, 08:12 PM
We were there for Labor Day 2007 and I didn't think the crowds were that bad, especially the Sunday before. But we are used to summertime crowds so that might make a difference in your perception of busy.

Mickey91
03-05-2008, 10:15 PM
We were there in 2005 for Labor Day weekend. The crowds are pretty heavy, especially Monday. Tuesday they begin to taper pretty good. But, as I have seen and read, even the value times are beginning to get crowded. Attendance is up for almost the whole year. Not that Sept is as bad as Christmas, but the slow time isn't near as slow as it used to be.

jszczur5
03-05-2008, 10:25 PM
We were there last labor day and the crowds were quite heavy but in the days following labor day we were able to walk onto the rides with little or no wait :mickey:

We were also there for both the week before and the week after Labour Day for the last two years. Not being used to "summertime" crowds, we found the crowds to be insane the first week, and non-existent the second. Most of the favourite rides had wait times of 45-60 minutes the first week, and the fastpasses were disabled the second - the exception being Soarin'.

Stormer
03-06-2008, 10:47 PM
We were there the week leading up to Labor Day 2007. The crowds were not bad, but Sat and Sun were a little more crowded than the few days before. I found the mornings at the parks to be great. Until about noon we just walked on most rides. Evening EMH seemed to be very crowded, though.