PDA

View Full Version : WDW - The Happiest Smell on Earth!!

SpaceMountainManiac
03-05-2008, 04:29 PM
Are there any specific smells that you remember in WDW - the wonderful aroma of oranges at the end of (dear departed) Horizons?:sob:
Are there any new smells (apart from Soarin)? Does HM have an eerie aroma - or is that just my imagination?!:hide2:

princessariel
03-05-2008, 04:41 PM
I would say the HM does indeed have an nice "eery" smell. I think my favorite smell is in the Kringla Bakery in Epcot's Norway...mmmm school bread!! It is definitely my favorite snack in the parks :)

pox24
03-05-2008, 04:45 PM
The use of bromines in fountains and such never leaves me. A good example is the underground fountain in the lobby of the WL.

dumbo_buddy
03-05-2008, 05:03 PM
i wish they could bottle the smell of the fresh popped popcorn. i'd wear it as perfume!

caryrae
03-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Mine is and may always be the burning smell :camp:from Spaceship Earth.

AdventurelandTikiGirl
03-05-2008, 05:24 PM
There's nothing like the smell of walking into the Great Ceremonial house at the Polynesian--so tropical. :tikki:

Also, the chocolate smell they pump out of the bakery on Main Street USA. MMmmmm

MickeyChick
03-05-2008, 05:34 PM
I was out shopping last week and I ended up buying this soy candle with an Orange Grove scent that I swear smells just like Soarin. But I'm an idiot and peeled all the labels off the glass it came in so I can't tell you what brand it is!

Bri798
03-05-2008, 05:48 PM
I love the smell in front of the bakery on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom.

TKDONALD
03-05-2008, 05:55 PM
WOULD HAVE TO SAY THE ONE SMELL THAT MAKES ME THINK ABOUT DISNEY COMES FROM EPCOT. IN SPACSHIP EARTH WHERE THEY SHOW THE BURNING OF ROME. THAT BURNING SMELL I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER.:mickey:

DisneyLuver91
03-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Splash Mountain has a specific smell. Sometimes, I will get a whiff of it and have a spazz attack because I feel like I'm in Disney!

Another is the smell of the original Journey Into Imagination ride. For some reason, I smell it in certain places. It makes me Disney-sick. :ill:

JuicyMoose17
03-05-2008, 07:24 PM
I've been talking abut the smells of Disney forever! they're my favorite. lol

Inside ToT has a distinct smell and I love the smell inside AKL. I think its a combo of the fire and Boma.

All the parks have that morning smell too. I dont know what it is but it's so good.

Has anyone ever encountered a disney smell in their daily lives???

Sometimes when i walk past a sidewalk grate by a certain building, i get the ToT smell. Random... but true!

Tink2002
03-05-2008, 07:39 PM
I love the chocolate chip smell outside the main street bakery in MK, and I'm also a big fan of the smells that waft out of boulangerie patisserie in France as you get closer to the little side street that it's located in.

I also always remembered how when we stayed at CSR you could smell the chlorine from the fountains when you entered the lobby. Sort of a "we're here!" kind of smell for us..haha.

jwallace378
03-05-2008, 07:56 PM
I don't why I love the smell of the monorail, but I do. Also love the smell of the Poly lobby.

disneyworld55925592
03-05-2008, 08:12 PM
i must first sayy the smell of chili dogs in stichs great escape is DISGUSTING! haha

but the smell of splash mountain (my favorite ride) makes up for it. that clean flowing water smell, its always the same!

elmjimmlm
03-05-2008, 08:35 PM
The smell of the stink bug in Its Tough To Be A Bug...That is a smell that you wont easily forget...:ack:
I think that the best smell(s) are at Epcot when you walk thru the countries...Just the different scents of what each country has is amazing...:cloud9:

*tinker_belle*
03-05-2008, 08:47 PM
For some reason i like that Pirates of the Caribbean musty water smell. And the chlorine smell of Splash Mtn. I also like HM smell. You know how Disney pumps scents into the park from the shops like popcorn or candy? Well how do they get that musty smell for HM and ToT? Because even when our ToT was new, it had that creepy smell to it. MUSTINESS IN A CAN-do they make such a thing??

jszczur5
03-05-2008, 10:27 PM
Mine is and may always be the burning smell :camp:from Spaceship Earth.

Ditto here. I just wonder if Dame Judy is going to be able to make the hair on back of my neck stand on end like Jeremy Irons and Walter Cronkite before him.

CaptSmee
03-05-2008, 10:50 PM
I love the smell of napalm in the morning! Oh, wait! We're talking WDW smells...def' Rome burning...:camp:

scottgr
03-06-2008, 07:32 AM
I would have to say the smell at the bakery on main street.....I love that smell. I know I am home when I smell that :mickey:

Jeniflower
03-06-2008, 07:37 AM
The smell of the Christmas shop in Liberty Square always makes me smile. I've finally found a candle that smells like it at home. always makes me think of Disney :pine::santa3:

SurferStitch
03-06-2008, 10:24 AM
I always love the smell of the Grand Flo lobby. It's such a soft floral scent, mainly from all of those gorgeous flower arrangement they have scattered throughout. I can still smell it right now. :cloud9:

Someone mentioned the "morning" smell in the parks...I know exactly what you're talking about. It's so fresh and clean. It must be from power washing the streets and walkways. I love that smell.

Marilyn Michetti
03-06-2008, 10:26 AM
The smell in the elevator at our hospital where I used to volunteer, is just like the monorail.

My favorite is popcorn on Main St., and the cookies, and the coffee, and the funnel cakes, and the fries, and.........I think I need breakfast.:cloud9:

wdwfansince75
03-06-2008, 10:55 AM
The orange grove scene in Horizons was yet another way to remember fondly a favorite ride for our family from our first EPCOT visit. The Rome burning is also an old friend...

And DS#1 insists that the concourse in the Contemporary has the distinct smell that it had on our first visit.

I, for one, believe that the parks do have a special smell in the early morning....Especially Main Street and Adventureland

Duchess99
03-06-2008, 11:42 AM
I think there is a general smell of WDW. Whenever I get off the bus for the first time, no matter what park I'm at, there is that smell. I have no idea what it is and I can't relate it to anything, but I LOVE it! It makes me feel like I'm at home :)
Other smells in particular...
The fire in SE
I really miss the Oranges of Horizons
Popcorn
The Aliens portion of the GMR (it's kind of gross, but I always remember it)

bruin1344
03-06-2008, 09:46 PM
I love the smell in front of the bakery on Main Street in the Magic Kingdom.

Well thought out bri798, that bakery makes me so hungry.

The chlorine smell in the water rides is random good smell to me.

TheRustyScupper
03-07-2008, 03:16 PM
My Favorite WDW Smells/Odors . . .
. . . a freshly opened Mickey Ice Cream Bar
. . . a steaming Turkey Leg
. . . a piping hot Cosmic Ray's burger
. . . a crisp Mickey Waffle

(Do we see a trend here?)

Followthatmouse
03-07-2008, 07:34 PM
The aroma that hits you as you enter Main Street - that combination of popcorn, sugar treats, flowers and excitement. Aroma, of course, is a powerful trigger for memories. I was passing a store the other day and there it was - the Main Street Perfume - instantly transporting me to the Magic Kingdom and good times.

kbean
03-07-2008, 08:23 PM
Main street with it's bakery, popcorn, fudge, etc. And the sulfur smell on SE. Hope they didn't remove it during the rehab.

chicklittlemom
03-07-2008, 08:43 PM
"These are a few of my favorite things" (or smells according to this post):

Animal Kingdom Lodge- truly an exotic smell. Maybe it's Boma or the wood in the lobby- don't know. Cinnamon, maybe?

Main Street, MK- reminds me of childhood, the first time I came to WDW.

Animal Kingdom- maybe it sounds weird, but it smells "green" to me. Like a tropical rainforest (probably what they were going for).