PDA

View Full Version : I Have the Dang Influenza!

Mousefever
03-05-2008, 02:20 PM
I just got back from the doctor's and he confirmed that I have all the classic symptoms of the flu. The ONLY reason I got out of bed to go see him was because my coughing was so bad. He gave me a scrip for hydrocodone (who knew it was a cough suppressant? :shrug:)

Why am I telling all this? Because I need sympathy...:pout: My mommy was always the sympathetic one in our family, but unfortunately we lost her five and a half years ago. My husband does his best, but he struggles at the sympathy thing.

Are there any mommies out there to pat my hand and tell me to feel better?

Amy

murphy1
03-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Aww, here's one:ill::medic::hug::hands: I hope you get on the mend soon! I am finally 97% after last month. I had to go to the dr. twice. The stuff is bad and it's resistant to the flu shot I've been hearing. Rest when you can and even when you start feeling better, don't start going full speed again, I relapsed that way!

SBETigg
03-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Amy, my husband and son have it now and it seems to be a very nasty flu. I'm so sorry you are suffering. Plenty of hugs and warm tea to you. :hug:

mickey&missy
03-05-2008, 03:05 PM
:hug: aww I'm sorry your sick! I'm sending you some virtual chicken soup to make you better! Get lost of rest and I hope you feel better soon!

DVC2004
03-05-2008, 03:45 PM
Feel better soon and get plenty of rest! DH got the flu a few weeks ago and he felt horrible. Get well soon!

cal5755
03-05-2008, 04:36 PM
AWWWWW poor Amy!! Here is some chicken noodle soup, some tylenol and a nice warm fuzzy blanket for you..... and as you lie down and rest... here is our dvd case full of disney movies...

Get Better Soon~!!!

KarenP
03-05-2008, 06:29 PM
Take care of yourself. Hope you feel better soon!

DisneyDudet
03-05-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm so sorry you're sick! We had quite a few of flu cases in the last few weeks, but haven't for about a week (knock on wood!). It is a pretty mean bug this year!

Those prescription cough medicines have codeine in them, and is a very good cough suppressant. Just don't drive!

I hope you feel better really soon!

ElenitaB
03-05-2008, 07:24 PM
Hope you're on the mend soon, Amy! It isn't any fun being sick (and please make sure to spray the thread with Lysol). Hope our little buddy isn't feeling under the weather! :goofy:

IloveDisney71
03-05-2008, 09:14 PM
I'm sorry you have the flu. I came back from Disney 2 years ago with it and it is NO fun. :ill:Drink plenty of fluids and get as much rest as possible.
I HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER SOON!!!

TikiGoddess
03-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Awww, Amy! I wish I could fly out there and make you some chicken soup! Take it easy... look at Disney pics on your computer...

:hug:
Kathy

MNNHFLTX
03-06-2008, 06:49 PM
I can relate, Amy--I still miss my mom too when I get sick. So here's some virtual chicken soup and hot lemon tea and honey (better medicine than hydrocodone even) and a comfy pillow behind your back. Get lots of rest, watch your favorite movies and I'm sure you'll be feeling better in no time at all. :hug:

Mousefever
03-07-2008, 01:21 AM
Thanks everybody. I'm still very under the weather, but I'm hoping I'm on the upside of mending. Thanks for all the care, chicken soup, and tea. Everyone's friendship means a great deal to me.:hug:

Amy

P.S. Ellen, our :goofy2: is not sick, and has been very sweet to his Mommy from afar.

:dory:

crazypoohbear
03-07-2008, 03:03 AM
Sorry to hear that you are still not better.
I hope you are laying in bed watching movies and sleeping.
That cough syrup should keep you quiet and help you get some sleep.
Make sure that your DH is spraying lysol everywhere to keep everyone else from getting sick.
I even spray the pillows and blankets between washings :blush:

TikiGoddess
03-10-2008, 01:39 PM
Amy, I hope you're on the mend! I think the flu 'flew' across the country and landed on my husband. He is just miserable right now.

Say hi to Goofy for me!
Kathy

Mousefever
03-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Yes, thanks Kath, I'm on the mend. I was back at work today. I feel mostly back to normal, but I still get tired very easily. I'm sorry your family is getting hit with it! I hope it skips you and the girls!

Amy

:dory:

ibrowse17
03-12-2008, 06:59 PM
:ack: Me too. I hope by now you are better. I got the flu shot at work and got the flu:ill:, while DW did not and has not. Go figure:sick:

MsMin
03-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Amy, sorry I missed this, I've been a little sloppy w/ posting lately ;)
So sorry to hear about the flu. My dd22 is sick too and to knock out a 22yo who won't stay still -- well it must make you pretty miserable.
Here is a get well :flower: I know it's been hard to "just keep swimming"