PDA

View Full Version : Martin Luther King

moe513
03-05-2008, 01:28 PM
How busy is it at wdw the week before and after mlk holiday? Can you compare the increase in crowds to other longweekends like Columbus day?

mudpuppysmom
03-05-2008, 03:18 PM
We went this past January and were there before MLK until the Tuesday after and the crowds definitely moved in on the weekend. We arrived on Wednesday and that day and Thursday were pretty OK, not super long lines, but not super short either and then on Friday afternoon it really seemed like someone opened the flood gates! We did stay away from MK on the weekend (we went to AK on Saturday and Epcot on Sunday and Monday), so it was not terrible, but it was not empty either!

I've been several months during the year and I won't be going back again over MLK holiday, I'd rather take DS another time when I know it's going to be less crowded "for sure"......since there really is NO real not crowded time any longer it seems.

mac badger
03-07-2008, 03:40 PM
definitely crowded. i went 2 years ago, thinking this was the off season, not realizing it was MLK day (i dont have kids in school, so i dont pay that much attention to the calendar/holidays)
it was quite crowded that weekend, more like a spring break crowd than an off season crowd