PDA

View Full Version : luggage to resort with ME

Camden'smom
03-05-2008, 01:08 PM
We have used ME on prior vacations, however our flight is due to arrive at 8:30pm and we are staying at All Star Sports. I was wondering if the resort would deliver our luggage to us in the middle of the night or will they just hold it until morning? Should we just claim our luggage at luggage claim ourselves or should we let ME do everything? Any suggestions will be helpful.
Thanks!

disneymom15
03-05-2008, 01:48 PM
We arrived at MCO a few years back at 10:30 pm. We had checked our bags and hadn't packed any carryon items. Daughter was adament about getting her things and we requested they deliver them when them got them. The CM brought them to our room at about 1:00 am. If you don't want to be disturbed, I would pack a carryon. This is something we do all the time now.

vicster
03-05-2008, 02:02 PM
I just pick mine up at the airport and take them on ME with me. I've waited in the past 3 hours for my luggage so it's just easier to get mine at MCO.

Strmchsr
03-05-2008, 02:38 PM
You have plenty of options:

1.) Pick up your luggage yourself - plan on that delaying you 30-40 minutes in getting to the resort
2.) Let DME deliver the luggage between 11 and midnight when it arrives.
3.) Ask DME to hold your luggage and put your first night needs in a carry-on, picking up your luggage first thing in the morning at your resort.

Any of those options are equally doable, so it really is up to you which you prefer.

Camden'smom
03-06-2008, 01:47 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions!!:mickey:

CleveRocks
03-07-2008, 04:25 PM
3.) Ask DME to hold your luggage
Just to clairfy what I'm sure is a typo ....

Don't bother asking the DME people at the airport to hold your luggage 'til morning. Ask at your resort. DME delivers the bags to the resorts, and from that point the bags are under the control of the resort CMs and DME no longer has any hand in what happens to them.

CleveRocks
03-07-2008, 04:32 PM
I just pick mine up at the airport and take them on ME with me. I've waited in the past 3 hours for my luggage so it's just easier to get mine at MCO.It's all a matter of perspective and preference. In the DME booklet, Disney tells you to expect your bags about 3 hours after you check in at your resort.

By waiting for your own bags at baggage claim (rather than allowing DME handle the bags), you quite probably delay your own arrival at the resort. Chances are that while you are waiting at baggage claim, the next available bus to your resort has left, leaving you to wait for the next one. If you don't mind delaying your arrival at your resort, then that's not an issue.

On my last trip, we arrived at MCO around 10:00 p.m., with a very tired 6 year old and 4 year old, and my wife and I were a little tuckered out as well. As planned, we were very happy to skip baggage claim and get to our resort ASAP to get the kids to bed ASAP. We were at POFQ 56 minutes after landing. We packed our carry-ons for our needs for that night as well as the next morning. In all the excitement of checking-in, I forgot my own advice and I forgot to request to have our luggage held 'til morning. The phone rang at 1:16 a.m. ... it was Bell Services asking if we wanted our bags now or later. I asked for later, and I called for them at 6:30 a.m., and they were at our room in less that 5 minutes. It was still good to know, however, that our bags would have been available to us 2.25 hours after checking-in, which is under the 3-hour window advertised by Disney.