PDA

View Full Version : NEW snack question!

PlanningMom
03-05-2008, 12:28 PM
I have been looking through past threads for great snack ideas, and have found lots for MK and Epcot-LOTS for Epcot. But, just one for AK and DHS.

Can you guys reccomend some great snacks in each park? ANY can't misses would be good, not matter the park, just to make sure I have all the good ones!:chef:

Thanks!!

DDuck66
03-05-2008, 02:41 PM
As far as DHS and AK, there are not very many really good choices...but we really like the frozen cokes located just outside of Hollywood and Vine. They are great on a hot day. The entire food selection, especially CS and snacks seem to be limited in those parks.

fielin
03-05-2008, 02:53 PM
I don't know if it's a AK special, but I loved the frozen banana there !

Gator
03-05-2008, 03:29 PM
I don't know if it's a AK special, but I loved the frozen banana there !

That's where I first had that tasty snack. It's a family favorite.

I also love the GIANT cinnamon roll at the Main Street Bakery.

DNS
03-05-2008, 04:10 PM
MK - Dole Whip (must have)
EP - pastry from Norway or France
pretzel from Germany, fish and chips
(snack size) from United Kingdom
HS - I had a fabulous carrot cake cookie here
last time and hope to make it a regular
each trip.
AK - Root beer Float
Marketplace - Mint Chocolate Chip milkshake from
Ghirardelli

baby minnie's mommy
03-05-2008, 06:46 PM
No snacks really stand out, but I'll list a couple places I like to go to at AK.

Royal Anandapur Tea Company in Asia has a large selection of hot teas, plus ice tea, coffee drinks and pastries. Their hot mocha latte was very, very good. That's one kiosk-type snack place I hope they keep at AK!

Kusafari Coffee in Africa tends to get a long line, but they have a nice pastry and coffee selection.

Speedy1998
03-05-2008, 06:59 PM
IMHO AK and DHS have great snacks, just nothing extrodinarily special. I usually eat ice cream in both those parks as I am not planning on any special treat.

As for MK and Epcot.

MK - Dole Whips are always a special treat.
Epcot - School Bread.
And both parks have funnel cakes!!!

Duchess99
03-05-2008, 07:25 PM
Nothing really stands out in HS except for ice cream, but at AK I would go for the Frozen Banana. There is also a great fruit stand in Africa...you get a lot for your $$ with the fruit salad and sliced watermelon!

PlanningMom
03-05-2008, 10:26 PM
This helps soo much! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. THanks for all the great info!!!:mickey:

#1donaldfan
03-06-2008, 07:33 AM
It's not really a "snack"....but MGM have those great turkey legs.....AK......pretzel stands ......makes me hungry just thinking about 'em....:cool:

jsw123
03-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Not an original choice, but I had a delicious (cold) rice kispie treat at DHS. It was at the bakery beside the Brown Derby. I was hungry when we got there, and there was enough of it to share with six people! Huge!

The bakery seemed to have some good snack choices.:mickey:

TheDuckRocks
03-07-2008, 09:36 AM
If you're up to something a little unusual I had a really yummy mango pie at the new CS place in Asia at AK. Just so you know it was kind of a mousse like filling not chunks of mango.

chick20679
03-08-2008, 07:46 AM
It's not anything particularly special, but we really enjoyed a pretzel and a frozen lemonade at the Studios on our last trip. We each used one snack credit and then shared both items... we took them in to the B&tB show and greatly enjoyed both the show & the snacks! :mickey:

Belle_0717
03-08-2008, 01:39 PM
My DH loves the milkshakes from Min & Bill's in DHS.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-08-2008, 02:26 PM
DHS - We usually stop into Starring Rolls and get some baked goods and a coffee when we first get there. That's only snack that comes to mind.

AK - Nothing great for snacks.....we usually get a pretzel outside of Safari.

swampfox28
03-08-2008, 02:58 PM
They USED to have stuffed pretzels in Epcot. Those were the BEST THINGS I'd ever had as snacks in WDW. I saw them in 2003, but not in 2007 when we went in Jan.

I MISS THEM! The apple/cinnamon was good and the cream cheese was DIVINE!!!

Did someone say mint choc chip shake at Ghiridelli? Is that on the snack plan w/ Disney dining!?!? I've got to go check! Sounds YUMMY!

-Sarah