PDA

View Full Version : EMH question

Disneymom4ever
03-05-2008, 09:33 AM
So I just realized MK is open until 1am during Easter week (That's not a good sign regarding crowd size!) :eek: So when they do EMH at night, does that mean they'll be open until 4 am?!
We are a commando type family when it comes to closing the parks, but even that seems crazy!

wendy*darling
03-05-2008, 09:39 AM
Sure does! :party:

If there is one scheduled- you can pretty much pull an all-nighter!

Disneymom4ever
03-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Wow, that is crazy! Could be a great way to cut down on the lines if we stayed, except for we're supposed to be at Epcot the next morning at 9am. That and my DS's are now teenagers, and you know teenagers and their sleep! We'll see just how commando we really are! Thanks for the heads up! :thumbsup:

wendy*darling
03-05-2008, 10:54 AM
you know teenagers and their sleep!
I also have 2 DSs (now 17 & 20) and have taken our Boy Scout Troop 2x (ages 12-18).
I know what a thrill a "challenge" like this can be. ;) I bet they'll want to give it a try!

me...
03-05-2008, 11:18 AM
EMH Nights that week we close at Midnight for regular guests and 3am for resort guests. Though there are some nights that week we close at 1am but those aren't EMH nights.

busterthebronco
03-05-2008, 11:33 AM
we love the all nighters!
at 3:00 its empty.

swampfox28
03-05-2008, 12:44 PM
I'm sorry to ask what I'm sure is a stupid question, but I have an EMH quandry, too.

When you look at info central and it says the park hours are, for example, MGM Monday, April 14th from 9 am - 10 pm and then you look up the EMH info for that date and it says there's EMH for MGM in the evening on the 14th, does that mean it stays open until 11 or is 10 the EMH? Likewise, if AK has EMH on the 14th in the morning, does that mean it opens at 8 am instead of 9?

I'm sorry, my brain hurts today and this just isn't making sense! I thought 10 pm sounded like it WAS the EMH!

THANKS to the kind soul that takes pity on my poor, pooooooooor brain!

-Sarah

Disneymom4ever
03-05-2008, 01:25 PM
EMH Nights that week we close at Midnight for regular guests and 3am for resort guests. Though there are some nights that week we close at 1am but those aren't EMH nights.

Thanks, me.... Wow, even 3am is crazy (I say that now, watch, I'll be the one riding Space Mountain at 2:45!)

Sarah, from what I understand, if MGM's regular closing time is 10pm, and it has EMH that night, it would close at 1am for that (3 hrs later.) For morning EMH, AK for example, would open at 8am for EMH instead of 9am (regular opening.) Did that make sense? Sometimes I confuse myself! :confused:

Jared
03-05-2008, 01:33 PM
Sarah, I had trouble following your post, but I'll try to answer.

The park hours listed on this site do not include additional time added by Extra Magic Hours. Therefore, if you see that Magic Kingdom closes at 9 p.m. on a particular night, the park closes for most guests at that time. If there is evening Extra Magic Hours that day, the park will remain open until midnight for resort guests.

The same goes for morning Extra Magic Hours. If the park is supposed to open at 9 a.m., the park with morning Extra Magic Hours that day will open at 8.

Hope that helps!

swampfox28
03-05-2008, 03:05 PM
I'm sorry -

I knew MY brain hurt, but I didn't mean to inflict damage on others! (HA!)

I'm sorry my post was hard to follow - but I think I have a better grasp of things now, thanks to your 2 answers.

First of all I was assuming that EMH meant 1 extra hour - whether before or after closing time. I didn't realize (for some reason) that it meant 1 before or 3 after - is that correct?

So if the POSTED hours thru Intercot's Info Central is:

Monday, April 14 EMH (a.m.)=AK
EMH (p.m.)=MGM

And the POSTED times for that day are:

AK = 9 am - 6 pm
MGM= 9 am - 10 pm

Then that means that AK will be open (for resort guests/EMH) from 8am - 6 pm and
MGM will be open from 9 am - 1 am!?!?!

Is that right? (I'm sorry, but I really do appreciate the help!!!!)

-Sarah

Disneymom4ever
03-05-2008, 04:15 PM
That sounds right, good job! :thumbsup:
And yes, 1am sounds crazy, I'm still trying to grasp staying at the MK until 3am!

I think I'm getting old! :shake:

swampfox28
03-05-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks~!

Coach Goofy
03-06-2008, 01:18 PM
Last time the wife and I were at MK for late EMH's, we rode Splash Mountain probably 7 times in a row with no waiting. We just couldn't justify not riding it again with no wait. If you don't need sleep, that is the best time in the park.

McGoofy
03-06-2008, 01:38 PM
Last time the wife and I were at MK for late EMH's, we rode Splash Mountain probably 7 times in a row with no waiting. We just couldn't justify not riding it again with no wait. If you don't need sleep, that is the best time in the park.

Who needs sleep at Disney World????:eyes::coffee: However, let's just hope if you are sleeping in the next morning, there won't be little kids running by your hotel room at 7am squealing in excitement to get to EMH at a park that morning! (That really did happen to us last time we slept in after staying out late for EMH.):alarm:

I love late EMH's. It's a great time to ride the rides.