PDA

View Full Version : Disney transportation with SID

2 princes and a princess
03-05-2008, 09:09 AM
Hi! I am a mother of a 3 year old son who has Sensory Integration Dysfunction and possible PDD. When we were at WDW last June, my son was TERRIFIED of the trams, (he tried to jump off numerous times!!). We are planning a trip for Thanksgiving week, and was wondering if Disney has ANY special parking accommodations for people who cannot take the trams or busses ( He will have a meltdown if the wait is more than a couple of minutes, especially if there are a lot of people). We are planning to bring a note from his pediatrician so we can TRY to get a GAC.
Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

joanna71985
03-05-2008, 10:00 AM
I believe the only parking that is within walking distance would be the handicap parking, and for that you need the tag unfortunately.

stephntampa
03-06-2008, 10:35 AM
I'm not sure how to obtain the AAA Diamond parking pass, but I know the AAA parking lot is located in the same area as the handicapped parking, therefore eliminating the need to take the tram. Good luck!

Mickey'sGirl
03-06-2008, 10:49 AM
My sons are autistic, and my younger one has huge sensory issues -- heat, light, sounds --- boats just about kill him!

My best advice for you is to get to the parks at least 30 minutes before they open. By doing so, you will be able to park close to the entrances and walk from and to your car. We rarely take the trams, and have done this walk at ALL of the parks. We actually always choose to walk at MGM, because the security check is never crowded along the pathway when you walk over. Good luck and enjoy your holiday!

2 princes and a princess
03-06-2008, 05:30 PM
Thank you so much for your advice. I researched the AAA Diamond parking permit and decided to become a AAA member. As a result, I transferred our Disney package to AAA and recieved a discount of $200. AND the AAA Diamond card is INCLUDED. The kids also get storytime with a character, How cool is that?:thumbsup: Thanks again.:mickey:

stephntampa
03-08-2008, 08:13 AM
Have a wonderful trip, so happy it worked out so well for you!!!:mickey: