PDA

View Full Version : A trip down Memory Main Street

snerd475
03-05-2008, 07:23 AM
I posted some pics and brochures from my first trip to The World in 1975.
Check out the prices on the Ticket Brochure!

Click on my name, then my homepage link.

Hope you enjoy the memories!

Please let me know if you remember any of those things that no longer exist!

Jeani

SBETigg
03-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Jeani, was that you Miss Jekyl and Hyde? Too cute! I do remember the attractions that are no longer there, and how neat to see the old maps and Poly decor and pool. You still have all that stuff?! What a great collection, fantastic memories. Thank you for sharing.

gauvin4
03-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Thanks for sharing Jeanie!! I really enjoyed seeing the old maps and pictures of the Poly. My first trip to WDW was in 1999 so I found your pictures facinating. :mickey: Thanks again!!

jpH/keD
03-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Very Cool! I do remember the Three Little pigs! I also went in 1975!! I will have to find my pics too! And I seem to recall Winnie the Pooh w/ a honey pot on his head.?? Did I dream that or was it true!!!???

Thanks for sharing!! :mickey::thumbsup::)

cfoshe
03-05-2008, 01:05 PM
What great stuff. I have a few questions of the old days, since I only can speak of WDW since '04. It looks like it was not pay at the gate and have all the fun you wanted, was the gate ticket only good for a certain number of rides? Plus look at the price, wouldnt that price be nice now, maybe WDW should do a blast from the past and sell tickets for that price again.:D Did you also have to have a pass to ride WDW transportation?

Thanks

DisneyDog
03-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Fifty cents a day for pet boarding!! Man, do I wish I had a time machine!

Diznee4Me
03-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Great photos! Thanks for sharing them. :thumbsup:

Aggie97
03-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Very cool!! Thanks for sharing these photos.

Oh - I think the King you are photographed with is Prince John from "Robin Hood." :mickey:

snerd475
03-05-2008, 08:09 PM
Jeani, was that you Miss Jekyl and Hyde? Too cute! I do remember the attractions that are no longer there, and how neat to see the old maps and Poly decor and pool. You still have all that stuff?! What a great collection, fantastic memories. Thank you for sharing.

Yep, that was me! Thank God for orthodontia!
And thanks to my mom for putting the album together for me after that trip! That's how I still have it all.

And I seem to recall Winnie the Pooh w/ a honey pot on his head.?? Did I dream that or was it true!!!???

I can't say I remember Pooh. Seems vaguely familiar. Of course, this was a lifetime ago!

It looks like it was not pay at the gate and have all the fun you wanted, was the gate ticket only good for a certain number of rides? Plus look at the price, wouldnt that price be nice now, maybe WDW should do a blast from the past and sell tickets for that price again.:D Did you also have to have a pass to ride WDW transportation?

Thanks

According to the brochure, a ticket book included the gate admission, various numbers of ride tickets, and all transport to and from resorts. There were varying numbers of tickets A thru E, with E being the headliner rides like Space Mountain. "A" tickets pretty much got you horse & buggy rides down Main Street and the like, as I recall.

We rode the monorail, since we stayed at the Poly. Back then, there was only the Poly, CR and Fort Wilderness campground!

I wish they'd sell tickets for that price. Of course, it'd be packed beyond belief!

Very cool!! Thanks for sharing these photos.

Oh - I think the King you are photographed with is Prince John from "Robin Hood." :mickey:

Thanks, April! I had no idea who that was!

Thanks to all for the kind comments. I had a lot of fun scanning them. Took me back!

IloveDisney71
03-05-2008, 09:10 PM
Very Cool! I do remember the Three Little pigs! I also went in 1975!! I will have to find my pics too! And I seem to recall Winnie the Pooh w/ a honey pot on his head.?? Did I dream that or was it true!!!???

Thanks for sharing!! :mickey::thumbsup::)

I think I have a picture of myself with the Pooh that has a honey pot on his head...unless I'm dreaming too. :D
I also have pictures with the 3 Pigs.

You know what makes me laugh? It's seeing all those strangers in the shots with me. I'm so glad Disney now has character helpers that form lines!!!:mickey:

Soul_Power
03-06-2008, 12:51 AM
WOW! Those pictures are amazing! It's cool to see how WDW was 30+ years ago!

Thanks so much for sharing!

snerd475
03-06-2008, 04:08 PM
While you're there, check out the pic of Dreamfinder and Figment, and the old light tunnel in Journey into Imagination.
They are in the 1984-85 file.

Jeff G
03-07-2008, 11:19 AM
Thanks so much for sharing. It was fun to see the old park map and realize how much the MK has changed and yet stayed the same.

I really liked the decor in the Polynesian room, pure vintage 70's. I alos liked seeing the old school characters, as a kid I can't imagine going up and seeing the three pigs, I think I would have been afaid of those things.

ibrowse17
03-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Thanks!! I can remember buying fake soap in the magic shop as a kid. :thumbsup:

McGoofy
03-08-2008, 02:11 AM
Thanks so much for posting! That was a great trip back through time. "Flash bulbs" now that brings back a blast from the past!!!

My first trip was as a 10 year old in 1981. We still have the park map/brochure from the trip, and they were celebrating the 10th anniversary of WDW. We happened to go again in 1986. I was 15 and kept a very good scrapbook of that trip. I have all sorts of stuff. My ticket from the park admission says that I was not a winner that day. For that year's promo of the 15th anniversary of WDW, they were giving out random prizes as guests used their park tickets.

It is so cool to look back at all of that stuff. Thank you again for posting!!:mickey: