PDA

View Full Version : Which would you choose?

Princess2BsMom
03-04-2008, 09:49 PM
We are planning on doing the Fantasmic package one night of our trip. We will be on the DDP. The trip will be with my mother, my husband and my 4 year old daughter. Already going to do the Hollywood and Vine Breakfast so would really like to choose one of the others for the package. Which would you do --- Brown Derby or Mama Melrose? (4 year old will be with us if that makes a difference):mickey:

JPL
03-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Hands down I would choose Brown Derby over Mama Melrose. But I have to say the few times I had dinner at H&V I really enjoyed it and it is the cheapest option and with a 4 year old it will allow you the biggest variety of food if she is a picky eater.

Jared
03-04-2008, 11:38 PM
The Hollywood Brown Derby is undoubtedly a better restaurant, but it costs two table service credits on the Disney Dining Plan. If you're willing to try one of the signature experience, it's an easy decision.

Mama Melrose's Ristorante Italiano always seems to receive such mixed reviews on the boards, but my family has had two solid meals there, so you'll be satisfied with either choice. I've never tried The Hollywood Brown Derby, but it is supposedly quite delicious.

Disnamic Duo
03-05-2008, 10:33 AM
We like H&V. We like MM.

But, we think HBD is one of the best restaurants on WDW property. Last time we were there I got the Pan Fried Grouper. I think that might have been the best fish I've ever eaten. Delicious!

pox24
03-05-2008, 11:04 AM
The Brown Derby:thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
03-05-2008, 11:32 AM
We have never tried the Brown Derby as the menu doesn't appeal to us. We have, however, tried both H&V and MM. We loved both of them. As previously stated, if your child is a picky eater, the H&V has so many options being a buffet. When we ate at Mama's we didn't like anything on the menu. We asked if the chef would make us a special dish using the 4 cheese sauce they were promoting on their shrimp dish. They made it for us and it was spectacular. My choice would be MM!!

Queen Stephanie
03-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Sweetie: Everyone should dine at HBD at least once in their lifetime...so go for it! The Queen;)

Duchess99
03-05-2008, 12:35 PM
HBD is an excellent restaurant...I would definitely go there if you are willing to do a Signature Dining restaurant.