PDA

View Full Version : Pixie dust for my 6 year old

Chrisx2
03-04-2008, 07:29 PM
I don't normally post pixie dust requests but it's just been that kinda day. My 6 year old daughter came home early from school covered in a rash. She had a little bit of irritation on her arms this morning but I thought it was from a tree climbing incident on Sunday. I felt horrible for sending her to school today. They didn't notice it spreading until it got to her face. So, we are headed to a 9:00 pm doctors appointment at the late clinic. She had strep about a week ago, she fell and scraped her back a few days ago, she got stuck in a tree on Sunday and now this. She told me today "Mama, I'm just having a rough week." She's being a real trooper about it. So, if you have any spare pixie dust for her...

crazypoohbear
03-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Oh, the poor little thing is having a bad week. :(
Sending pixie dust for a speedy recovery.
It sounds to me from prior experience that perhaps the step did not clear up and she has a rash from the step.
Keep us posted and give her a big hug

catsmommy555
03-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Sounds like a very rough week. Hope she gets better quick!
:magic::pixie::magic::pixie: :magic: :pixie::magic:

poohbearlover15
03-04-2008, 08:11 PM
Aww she is having a bad week! I hope next week is a lot better! Here is some :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:

SBETigg
03-04-2008, 08:49 PM
Oh, what a sweetheart! Sending hugs and :pixie:

Sunshine1010
03-04-2008, 10:15 PM
When she had strep throat, was she put on any antibiotics? If she's allergic to one, ...sometimes, the physical symptoms don't show for a few days/week.

My son had strep throat. They put him on Amoxicillan and after 8 days, he developed a rash over his entire body. He started having trouble breathing, etc. This was after EIGHT days of the antibiotics.

Basically, he started going into Anaphylactic shock (allergic shock). It got so bad after he was in the hospital, that they now use his pictures they and I took, in lectures about allergic reactions at the children's hospital.

You might want to check into that.

Hope all goes well!!!!!

mrsgaribaldi
03-04-2008, 10:57 PM
Prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way for her speedy recovery. She sounds adorable:mickey:

Beast_fanatic
03-04-2008, 11:26 PM
Tons of :pixie: on the way! Let us know what the doctor has to say!

DizNee143
03-05-2008, 09:11 AM
aww poor little girl...
pixie dust on the way..

:pixie::pixie::pixie:

tinkerbell04
03-05-2008, 09:14 AM
Poor thing :pixie: I hope she has a better week, keep us posted on how she is doing!

Mickey052501
03-05-2008, 11:01 AM
Pixe dust and positive thoughts coming to you and your daughter!!! :pixie::pixie::pixie:

Chrisx2
03-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Thank you for the pixie dust! She is apparently allergic to Amoxicillin! She was on it for a week before anything showed up. I didn't realize it could take that long. She is on steroids and it is MUCH better now. (Except the steroid syrup apparently tastes awful...) We had a great doctor who had us in and out of the clinic in record time. I'm just glad it wasn't a more serious reaction! The doctor was so sweet to her. When he said she was fine to go to school she said she didn't want to because she "didn't look too good with all these spots". He got down and held her hand and said "You are a beautiful little girl and don't let anyone ever tell you different". She just grinned from ear to ear. I about cried it was so sweet. (My DH is in Afghanistan and I tend to be a little more emotional when he's gone...)

crazypoohbear
03-06-2008, 10:16 AM
What a great doctor to make her feel better inside and outside!

Beast_fanatic
03-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Thank you for the pixie dust! She is apparently allergic to Amoxicillin! She was on it for a week before anything showed up. I didn't realize it could take that long.

Glad to hear you found out the cause and that the doctor was so good!

I'm also allergic to Amoxicillin, and it takes 7 to 8 days for the rash to show up for me too, and it is the itchiest rash ever! I only developed the allergy in the last few years though.

Glad she's feeling better! :thumbsup:

tinksmom02
03-06-2008, 10:55 PM
Aww, your poor little one! She certainly is having a rough week! I'm so glad the doctor was so sweet to her, and was able to diagose the cause so quickly. Hopefully she'll be feeling better soon!

ElenitaB
03-07-2008, 04:44 AM
Here's some spot-removing :pixie: for your DD! She sounds like a great kid! :thumbsup:

jeddalynn
03-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Thank you for the pixie dust! She is apparently allergic to Amoxicillin! She was on it for a week before anything showed up. I didn't realize it could take that long. She is on steroids and it is MUCH better now. (Except the steroid syrup apparently tastes awful...) We had a great doctor who had us in and out of the clinic in record time. I'm just glad it wasn't a more serious reaction! The doctor was so sweet to her. When he said she was fine to go to school she said she didn't want to because she "didn't look too good with all these spots". He got down and held her hand and said "You are a beautiful little girl and don't let anyone ever tell you different". She just grinned from ear to ear. I about cried it was so sweet. (My DH is in Afghanistan and I tend to be a little more emotional when he's gone...)

:shake: The exact same thing happened to me when I was about nine. I had a rash all over from the antibiotic I was given for strep throat. :ill: Glad you know what it is and that she's doing better. You must feel relieved!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-07-2008, 11:08 PM
I hope she is feeling better in no time.:pixie::pixie: