PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen a taping at the Parks?

caryrae
03-04-2008, 06:05 PM
I was wondering if anyone as seen or even been apart of any shows being tape while at WDW? I mean more of something they don't do yearly like the Xmas parade but more like a TV series like when Full House and Roseanne did an episode there. Even if they were taping one of the planning dvd's. Maybe even one of the shows on the Travel Channel.

I saw something being filmed a few years ago in Sept but to this day don't know what it was. I remember some family walking down Mainstreet and then some Disney CM dancing in the streets.

Quasimodo
03-04-2008, 07:57 PM
Years ago there used to be a kids show called "Thunder in Paradise". It starred Hulk Hogan. Much of it was filmed at WDW back when MGM was a functioning studio. I never saw the actual filming, but did see the lights and other equipment setup to film it at Morocco in EPCOT.

Another time we saw them filming a commercial in MK. They were filming parade floats in the town square area at the front of the park. The floats were the ones that looked like snow globes.

TexasPrincessAurora
03-04-2008, 08:04 PM
Years back DM and I saw the Baha Men filming their Disney Channel special, back when "Who Let the Dogs Out?" was a hit. Years and years back, shortly after EPCOT opened we saw Michael Young and Jackie Zeman filming an episode of Kids Are People Too! And DC and I were in the audience for several episodes of the Mickey Mouse Club in the early 90's.

NJ Camper
03-04-2008, 08:05 PM
The only time i saw them doing any filming was for the xmas one with regis and kelly about 2 years ago

pink
03-04-2008, 08:06 PM
One time my family was walking towards Rockin Roller Coaster and there was a crew filming a CM sweeping and talking about something. It seemed like a commercial. It was about two years ago. :mickey:

garymacd
03-04-2008, 08:34 PM
I saw them doing some taping last time we were there. Unfortunately, they were only taping the road for the parade route.:(

DakotaDisney
03-04-2008, 11:10 PM
I saw them doing some taping last time we were there. Unfortunately, they were only taping the road for the parade route.:(

Cute. Very Clever! ha, ha, ha...:thumbsup:

2Epcot
03-04-2008, 11:48 PM
I've never been at WDW during a taping, but I was at Disneyland when they were shooting their 35th Anniversary TV special ... Back when they used to do those anniversary shows.

McGoofy
03-05-2008, 05:34 AM
As we were walking toward Rockin Roller Coaster at DHS, my family and our friends that we were with were pulled aside last October to be extras in a commercial taping with Donovan McNabb and also two of the ESPN sportscasters. It was a commericial for ESPN the Weekend. We were with a group of people that were pretending to be the parde crowd. It was a very unique opportunity, and we had fun. I got a really cool picture of Donovan McNabb talking to my son.:mickey:

Diznee4Me
03-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Just before Thanksgiving 07 the DW, DD and I were walking into the Brown Derby for the Imagineer Lunch. Just to the left of the front door, on the grassy hill, there was a camera crew on the grassy hill taping something. I did not recognize the lady with the mike in front of the camera. Probably something for the news.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-05-2008, 12:42 PM
The past 3 or 4 times we've been (since end of January) there have been camera crews and what not setting up or filming the outsides of rides... Lots of people stopped to ask... I didn't bother so I have no idea what they were there for.

cal5755
03-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Hmmm this probably doesn't count but we saw LOTS of taping going on during super soap weekend lol.

In 2005 they were taping for a travel channel at the Pop risort. We were at the pool and they did some taping while on a balcony and then filmed the pool area.

Jared
03-05-2008, 01:23 PM
About seven or eight years ago we bumped into a Rosie O'Donnell taping at the Disney-MGM Studios. On Hollywood Boulevard that day, there were about five or six performers impersonating O'Donnell, so we asked and learned she was in the park.

sorarail
03-05-2008, 02:31 PM
The only taping we have witnessed was the pre-show part of the Xmas parade in 2001. They were filming in November but, for the life of me, I can't seem to remember who the hosts were. :confused: (Although I do know it wasn't Regis & co.) They were both blonde headed.

TheMartellFamily
03-05-2008, 02:48 PM
We have been there while they were taping for the Christmas parade. We were told that Britney Spears was in one park and at they other park was another Boy Band and it was open to anyone in the parks for the taping. We have also seem them filming for a Japanese TV program. The CM was keeping the crowds away while they were filming as they we walking though AK.

Goofy-n-Alabama
03-05-2008, 03:50 PM
My family was there about 3 years ago around Hallowween:mpumpkin: and saw a video crew in a roped off area. Naturally I went to see what the fuss:party: was about and a family was there on vacation while thier house was being re-done by the extreme home makeover crew. We saw one or two people from the show there also at this time.

Eeyore's My Favorite
03-05-2008, 09:50 PM
A few years back DD & I were lucky enough to be part of "Live with Regis & Kelly" filming at DHS. It was great. They had Cirque de Soleil performing, along with Wayne Brady & Kool & the Gang for our portion. Later in the day Shakira was taping with them, but our show was the first one that morning & was actually "LIVE". It definitely was quite an experience and something I'd love to do again!! :mickey:

Darbylew
03-05-2008, 09:56 PM
We saw the Brady bunch there one time. They
were taping at MGM. It was great as we got to
talk to them and get pictures. :thumbsup:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK
MARCH 31 FOR A WEEK. :mickey:

Mickey91
03-05-2008, 10:10 PM
When we were there in Sept 07 my DD and I were waiting for BBB to open at the castle and saw a taping of young women dressed in fairytail ball gowns. One seemed to be coronated as a princess and the others were her court. The young men were also dressed in dashing prince attire. We were told it was some kind of contest. Later in the week we saw them shooting some kind of commercial possibly related to this at MGM. It was neat.:mickey:

JoeMaz
03-06-2008, 01:00 PM
We saw part of a music video being taped in New York at MGM. I think the band was BBMack. Hardley anyone there watching.

senderella
03-06-2008, 01:05 PM
I saw the taping of WDW top 7 must sees at Typhoon Lagoon.

kaylamag
03-07-2008, 10:12 AM
While my husband and kids were in line for the teacups I noticed a man with a large video camera get in a teacup with a man and his two kids. Then a woman and a man came and stood next to the railing in front of us one had a camera and the other was holding what i think was i microphone over the railing. I have no idea what they were taping for. After we returned from our trip i heard there were going to be new Samantha Brown shows on the travel channel, so maybe it was for that. However i didn't see Samantha Brown. My other thought was maybe they were making a new vacation DVD.

poeticeclipse
03-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Years back DM and I saw the Baha Men filming their Disney Channel special, back when "Who Let the Dogs Out?" was a hit. Years and years back, shortly after EPCOT opened we saw Michael Young and Jackie Zeman filming an episode of Kids Are People Too! And DC and I were in the audience for several episodes of the Mickey Mouse Club in the early 90's.

JEALOUS! MMC was my favorite when I was a kid. I would have loved to see them taping it.

We saw part of a music video being taped in New York at MGM. I think the band was BBMack. Hardley anyone there watching.

BBmack... I remember them... it's odd that they filmed a music video at the Studios.

TexasPrincessAurora
03-07-2008, 04:05 PM
JEALOUS! MMC was my favorite when I was a kid. I would have loved to see them taping it.

BBmack... I remember them... it's odd that they filmed a music video at the Studios.

It was pre-Justin/Christina/Britney, but JC, Tony & Kerri were there. It was neat, but a really long day too.

kbean
03-07-2008, 08:18 PM
I accidently went on the day they filmed the Xmas parade. So that was something different.

kbean
03-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Oh yeah, and when MGM first opened they always had something going on in the studios.

ligirlz
03-08-2008, 05:46 PM
When I was at the PP&P last month we were waiting for the parade (right by the Main Street train station) and noticed a camera man and a few people standing by a roped off section. Then all of a sudden a guy dressed like Jack Sparrow came out of the side. I never seen people go nuts for someone who did not remotely look like Jack Sparrow. It turns out it was a taping for a Spanish show. They were showing the PP&P to thier viewers i guess.

E-Ticket4
03-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Must have been back in Oct 1999. We saw Santa riding Splash Mountain over and over again. We were told they were filming that years Christmas Special. We saw other filming set ups that Oct - but it was something to see Santa sitting in his boat in the loading area waving at everyone.

Stan
03-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Back in Nov 2004 I encountered these folks...
Soap 1 (http://www.FLmemories.com/B/SoapNov04-1.html)
Soap 2 (http://www.FLmemories.com/B/SoapNov04-2.html)

Others have identified them for me, but I still don't remember who they are... I'm not a soap follower. :D