PDA

View Full Version : Easter Services

TinkiTime1989
03-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Our first day in the parks on our upcoming spring break trip will be Eater Sunday. We are hoping to be able to attend Easter Mass. Are there going to be Easter Services available on WDW property?

cajunmickey
03-04-2008, 07:52 PM
I don't think there are any services on the grounds any more. If you are talking about Catholic mass. There is Mary Queen of the Universe Church about 10 minutes from Downtown disney. It is very easy to get to.

Beast_fanatic
03-04-2008, 10:36 PM
For Easter and Christmas only, they usually offer religious services in the Fantasia Ballroom at the Contemporary Resort. I haven't seen anything released for this year yet. Usually 2 Roman Catholic Masses are offered and one Protestant Service on Easter Sunday.

DisnIse
03-05-2008, 07:29 AM
In 2006 and 2007, they had Catholic mass at 8:00 and 10:15, with a Protestant service at 9:00.

I would guess they'd be the same; I think those are the same times that the services have ALWAYS been, even back in the Polynesian luau cove days.

But isn't it weird that nothing has been released yet????

DakotaDisney
03-05-2008, 10:21 PM
That's interesting. I never would have guessed that they do that.

Who leads the services? A local church?

TinkiTime1989
03-13-2008, 02:00 PM
I finally found some info!

Easter Services
2008 Religious Services will take place at the Fantasia Ballroom of the Contemporary Resort. It is asked that you do not drive but take Disney transportation to attend. Guests staying at a Magic Kingdom area resort should take either the monorail or watercraft to the Contemporary. Guests staying at the other Disney resorts should take WDW transportation to the Magic Kingdom and transfer to a Contemporary shuttle bus:

8:00am - 9:00am - Roman Catholic Mass

9:00am - 10:00am - Protestant Service

10:15am - 11:15am - Roman Catholic Mass

Easter Bunny Meet and Greet - 11:00am - 7:00pm daily

Mr. and Mrs. Easter Bunny will appear in the Tour Guide Garden during Easter Week.
Disney PhotoPass Photographers will be available to take your picture

There are also a variety of children's activities being offered at various resorts. PM me if you would like more info.