PDA

View Full Version : Le cellier or Biergarten?

DisneyCrazy4444
03-04-2008, 02:50 PM
My mom and I have been having big arguments over this, I really like Le Cellier and we been there a couple of times but my mom wants to go to the Biergarten so i coming to fellow Intercoties Which do you prefer? :mickey:

Tygger7
03-04-2008, 02:54 PM
These are two totally different dining experiences. I suggest going to Info Central and checking out the menus and comparing them. The whole "having to sit with strangers" didn't go over well with my DH, so we opted for Le Cellier instead.

WriteDisney
03-04-2008, 03:05 PM
My gut reaction of Le Cellier vs. Anything is to pick Le Cellier, but like the above poster says, they are definitely different experiences. I love Le Cellier, it's a must for any trip I take to WDW.

Disnamic Duo
03-04-2008, 03:32 PM
LeCellier is not one of our favorites. My wife and I have tried it twice, and although it's good, we don't think it's worth going back to again. We can get much better steaks at many local restaurants.

One of the things we like most about the World Showcase is getting a "flavor" of the different countries. We think you really get that at Biergarten. The food is very good, but the experience is GREAT. Part of that experience IS sitting at tables with other people - it's what they typically do in Germany.

Biergarten would be my choice.

vicster
03-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Another vote for Biergarten! It's a lot of fun and the food's great!

disneykat
03-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Here's another vote for Biergarten. The first time we visited Le Cellier was in 2005 and the food was great. We went again in 2006 and 2007 and truly felt the quality had gone way downhill. As one of the above posters said, you can get much better steak at the local places. On our fall 2007 trip we had dinner at Biergarten and loved it. We ended up sitting with another couple who also had two children (a bit younger than ours) and truly had a great evening talking, eating, and drinking a German beer or two. We had ressies for Garden Grill later in the week but my kids ages 11 and 8 really wanted to go back to Germany. We ended up cancelling Garden Grill and returning. This time, the family we were seated with wasn't really all that friendly but we had front row seats for the show and enjoyed the evening just as well. The nice thing about Le Cellier is that it is really a nice place to cool off if it's really hot outside!! I'm sure you'll enjoy either!

IC10
03-04-2008, 04:45 PM
I too vote for Biergarten and was quite relieved to see that we were not the only ones that thought that they could get the same exact food that LeCellier sells at home and way better. Biergaten!!! Woohoo try something new have fun, do the chicken dance and get a big beer!!

Jared
03-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Unless you absolutely adore Le Cellier, try Biergarten Restaurant. Disney has so many wonderful dining options that it's easy to constantly return to old favorites, but then you'd miss the opportunity to fine new treasures.

:tasty:

pluto 77
03-04-2008, 05:24 PM
Wow! I was really suprised by this thread. It almost makes me want to change my reservation to go to Biergarten. Looks might I may have to add it to my loooong list of places i want to try.

GrmGrninGost
03-04-2008, 06:28 PM
LeCellier! :mickey:

mickeymousedabomb
03-04-2008, 07:00 PM
My Vote Is For Biergaten! Although We Haven't Ate At Le Cellier Yet We Loved Germany And The Whole Expierence. We Sat With A Couple And Their Two Teenage Boys And Had Great Conversation With Them. We Made Sure That Our Reservations Were Going To Be At The Time That Their Music Ensamble Was Playing. THEY WERE AWESOME! WE ARE GOING HERE AGAIN ON OUR NEXT TRIP. MAYBE SOMEDAY WE'LL DO CANADA! GOOD LUCK!

03-04-2008, 11:40 PM
Another vote for Biergarten. Absolutely love this place. The food was great and it's such a fun place.

Cindy'smom
03-05-2008, 06:00 AM
As much as I enjoy LeCellier, I'm all about trying something new. I have to vote for Biergarten. Whatever you decide, you will have a great time!:mickey:

mudpuppysmom
03-05-2008, 09:36 AM
We've eaten at both and continue to return to Biergarten and will continue to do so. We were on the free dining when we ate at LeCellier and I was just not at all impressed with the food -- granted the cheese soup and pretzel bread is good though!! You CAN get pretzel bread minis at Biergarten I have found!!!

The steaks at LeCellier are not that wonderful in my opinion and I agree that you can get much better steaks at a local steakhouse (or at least the same).

The experience IS different though and if you think you'll have trouble sitting with total strangers that is something to ponder for a while. I think that sitting with strangers is a bit strange, but once you sit down and start chatting it's fun.......as long as you sit with other people who are open to chatting which we have found to be the case in general.

Spaceship Tigger
03-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Biergarten for us. We liked Le Cellier but it really wasn't anything better than what we have at home. The beer cheese soup and pretzel bread are the real attractions to a lot of people.

Biergarten has the music, the giant German beers, and the village setting. And the food is pretty good too.

swampfox28
03-05-2008, 11:31 AM
OP - you're my hero.

I've been trying to plan our dining for a week now and I'm getting nowhere... I want to post and ask for advice, but I also feel there's so much to read through that I haven't done it yet.

One of my biggest dilemas is: Biergarten or Le cellier.

I'm taking my best friend from high school to WDW for a girls only trip. I've been before, twice, but she NEVER has. I've never eaten at either restaurant and am torn - do I bring her places I've eaten at before and really liked such as the Rose and Crown, which surprised me how much we enjoyed it, the Ohana breakfast (with no kids will that seem pathetic?!), and so on.

I've just heard such great things about Le Cellier I thought we HAD to go there - but lately I've been hearing more about Biergarten...

MORE RESPONSES in this thread, please!! (I need serious help!!!) :blush::confused:

January-2007
03-06-2008, 10:16 AM
My vote also goes to the Biergarten. When we went to Le Cellier in September we really weren't all that impressed. It was nice, but the Biergarten is a real experience. Oh, and to the poster who asked about going to the 'Ohana breakfast as just adults, go and enjoy yourselves, DH and I do!

mdricks
03-06-2008, 12:51 PM
The experience at each is so different. You are comparing apples to oranges IMHO.

The food at LeCellier is very good and the atmosphere is much like you would expect a steak house to be. You are at a table with your family/friends eating a coursed meal. The place can be noisy and the spacing tight, but your dining experience is an intimate one.

At Biergarten.... Well the atmosphere here is an attempt to create a party crowd in the tradition of Oktoberfest. Buffet service, big tables, lots of friends you haven't met yet and big steins of cold beer, (:beer:Hoy Hoy HOY!!:beer:)

These are definitely two of my favorite places to eat. When I fly solo (once a year) I NEVER miss Biergarten.

With the family, I never miss LeCellier.

I don't seem to ever to ever do both on the same trip.

Gottaluvgoof
03-06-2008, 10:54 PM
OK, I am the mom in the original posters argument. I just want to try something different, and the Biergarten always looked interesting to me. Seems it has a lot of positive feedback. My only question is, would it be outdoor seating? After walking around Epcot all day in September, a nice dinner in a/c is sure refreshing. Can someone tell me what exactly the Biergarten is? Is it an outdoor restaurant?

Jared
03-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Biergarten Restaurant has no outdoor seating. Actually, every World Showcase table service restaurant is primarily, if not entirely, indoors. La Cantina de San Angel, the counter service eatery in the Mexico pavilion, has table outside under a canopy.

AHOTE
03-07-2008, 01:10 AM
From reading your post I get the impression that you've never been to the Biergarten. It's a very enjoyable restaurant and the food is great. It is a lot like the Biergarten's in Germany except maybe for the lack of barmaids carrying 12 half litre steins of beer:beer: at one time. There are small tables available there too, request one when you make your reservations, it can't hurt. Who knows, it may become one of your favorites. Some thing I do on all my trips is to make sure I try two new restaurants. There are lots of hidden gems to be discovered. My favorite list changes year to year. Gotta go, need to start on my list for November.:)

Disnamic Duo
03-07-2008, 03:41 PM
OK, I am the mom in the original posters argument. I just want to try something different, and the Biergarten always looked interesting to me. Seems it has a lot of positive feedback. My only question is, would it be outdoor seating? After walking around Epcot all day in September, a nice dinner in a/c is sure refreshing. Can someone tell me what exactly the Biergarten is? Is it an outdoor restaurant?

The entire restaurant is indoors, but when you're in there, look around - it's made to look like you're outdoors. It's really a neat place. the food is great, and it's a lot of fun!

Gottaluvgoof
03-07-2008, 04:33 PM
Thanks to everyone for your replies. I think the Biergarten it is! :cheers: I am looking forward to trying it out. I have always wondered what it was like, and thanks to my Intercot friends, I have an idea. Counting the days to September! :mickey:

Jeff G
03-07-2008, 05:22 PM
LeCellier is a very good restaurant but is just that a restaurant. Biergarten is a restaurant but it also offers a unique dining experience.

We've been going to WDW for almost 15 years and always scoffed at anyone who suggested Biergarten, I'm not a kraut and sausage person. Last year though I decided to book it for my dad, he was stationed in Germany for four year while serving in the armed forces and loves German food & beer:beer:. When the time came to eat there I had this nagging in the back of my head to switch to another restaurant, I kept telling myself I wouldn't like it. After a plate of food, a draught beer and an Oktoberfest celebration I was hooked. The food was great and according to my dad very authentic. Even my kids who are fussy loved it. In the end this ended up being our large groups favorite meal choice of the entire trip.

We are currently planning out our dining intinary for this coming year and and believe it or not this was the first choice on everyone's list.

Don't get me wrong we are also doing Le Cellier which is always a favorite but if forced to choosebetween the two we would pick Biergarten.

swampfox28
03-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Okay - I might be insane, but here goes:

We had an ADR for LeCellier (at 4:10 pm - wierd time, right?! But it was all they had!)

After MUCH back-and-forth in my head (believe me, the "voices" are driving me mad!), I may have made a crazy decision!

I cancelled our ADR at LeCellier and booked Biergarten. First of all, my friend who is going with me to WDW has lived in Germany (which made it HARDER - will she love BG or HATE it?!?! I've never tried it.) But I also changed our ADR the next night from Whispering Canyon to the Concourse Steakhouse (its our MK day and CS will be closer). Since that'd be 2 steakhouse-type restaurants in 2 days, I decided we'd go with BG on the 1st day and CS on the 2nd.

The thing that's freaking me out a little is that the WDW Dining lady asked me more than once if I was SURE I wanted to cancel LeCeller because it's so popular.

YIKES!

Oh well - it's done....

Really, no more tweaking of the ADR's... right?

(twitch...twitch!!!)

-Sarah

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-07-2008, 08:37 PM
Biergarten!

It has a great atmosphere and awesome food. It is always hot and a lot of choices. The entertainment is great. Kids love it....they are always up dancing with the band.

I've never been to Le Cellier. I wanted to try it on our last trip but a friend of mine said that the restaurant had gone down hill. Her mom works for Disney so they eat in WDW often. She said for the money....eat at Cali Grill instead.

Love of Disney
03-09-2008, 04:33 PM
A huge thank you to everyone...you helped me settle on BG!! Being a German decent Canadian it was hard to make the choice between the two. The BG sounds like a great place, especially for kids!! A nice beer after a hot day will also do the trick!! :tuba::beer:

kdsjjb
03-10-2008, 12:38 PM
Sorry DisneyCrazy - looks like mom wins another argument.

And thanks to all the posters. I have been wanting to try Biergarten for years, but DW always overrules me. I'm going to show her this post and I think I might wins this time.

kathiep
03-10-2008, 07:12 PM
We love Biergarden and it's a must do on every trip.

You never really hear too much about it, though.

Glad to see there are so many others who really enjoy this whole experience!

CaptSmee
03-10-2008, 11:44 PM
I love them both! Different experiences at each, but both top notch!

Tink's Mom
03-11-2008, 05:16 PM
The trip before last, DH and I talked some visiting relatives into joining us at the Biergarten for dinner. We lived in Germany for five years and love German cuisine. We bragged at how good the food would be and for them to try something different. We were so embarrassed! The food was awful. DH and I actually felt bad. Maybe if was an off night, but we can not imagine giving it another try. On a positive note I can say that the atmosphere was fun and did remind me of an authentic German Fest. Sure hope that you have a better experience than we did.