PDA

View Full Version : Type of bags to carry into parks?

Princess2BsMom
03-04-2008, 02:23 PM
I will be traveling with my mother, my husband and our 4 year old DD. I will definetly need a good bag to carry into the parks. I have thought about just a back pack, but ours is very plain and small. What about the messenger (over the shoulder) bags? Any info on a good bag or backpack would be great! Thanks!

tennantsrwe
03-04-2008, 03:01 PM
:mickey: Congrats on taking your first Disney Trip! I think once you go, you'll understand what all the fuss is about! I reccommend a messenger style bag. Often I use one I found on QVC by Travelon. It has tons of expandable space and pockets for tickets, etc. Also it hugs to your body while your bending over, no more fumbling with fallen straps. I bought one in a bright color so it was easily seen in crowds. I like the messenger type bag best because it seems like it's easier to get on and off when you ride. Also, it fits easier in the little compartments they have on the rides for personal belongings. Hope this helps!

TinkiTime1989
03-04-2008, 03:14 PM
We use a sling style backpack. We bought ours at Wal-Mart for about $10. It is big enough to hold some snacks and water, ponchos, and anything else we buy throughout the day.

Stitchahula
03-04-2008, 03:14 PM
When we went last year I picked up a see through plastic backpack to carry all my kids stuff and to use as a diaper bag. It was cheap and it was so easy for when you need to get your bags checked before entering the park.

disneymom15
03-04-2008, 03:46 PM
I have a cross body messanger style bag. I love it. I'm able to fit cell phone, camera, sunglasses, tissues,seperate place for cash and credit cards. Mine is a Tignanello (QVC does have them) I got mine at Younkers.

MauiMouse
03-04-2008, 04:04 PM
I bought a new L.L. Bean Heatwave Messenger bag that I'm going to take. They have 2 different sizes, I got the smaller one. The only thing I really don't like about it is the strap, it's a little large. Normally I don't carry anything so we shall see.

kakn7294
03-04-2008, 04:24 PM
I can't really recommend any particular bag because we only carry a small personal bag, but I will recommend that whatever you get zips or closes securely so you don't lose your belongings. Look for something lightweight and preferably water-resistant. I also recommend something that's as gender-neutral as possible so DH will carry it for his fair share of the time. Ebags is a great place to do some online research.

PhilHarHarMagic
03-04-2008, 10:42 PM
One other piece to consider - make it something that can be easily checked by security. I bought a more-expensive one that has a top and bottom section and I have to open both when I go through. :cop:

Some of them have side pockets - typically not something the security guys check, but sometimes they do.

Have a great time. I'll be at the MK in 10 days!

DakotaDisney
03-04-2008, 11:05 PM
I got a great bag at Target!

It is an over the shoulder/sling messenger/bike rider bag. It is not big, heavy or bulky, but yet it can carry more than what is needed. I can get a camera, maps, brochures, PDA, light jacket or poncho, small souvenirs, cell phone, sunglasses in it easily.

Sorry, but I don't know the name of the brand though.

It was not very expensive and I can easily carry it in front or back. When I get on most rides I can just where it in front and don't have to worry about losing it.

Zip lock bags are aslo a must to keep things dry!

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
03-05-2008, 10:32 PM
I bought the Overland Donner bag(REI outlet online) after hearing many raves about it on here.

Great bag for WDW. You can wear it as a regular bag, on your shoulder or as a messenger bag across your body. That was the way I wore it in December and it was very comfy.

It has two great pockets for a water or soda bottle or a small umbrella on each side. Front flap for cash, credit cards, room keys, etc. The main pocket is very roomy and it also has a pocket in the back that was great for park maps and my Hidden Mickey book.

Have a great trip!