PDA

View Full Version : What to do while we are waiting??

Princess2BsMom
03-04-2008, 01:51 PM
It's 6 months until we leave for Disney. It seems like such a long time. We are already booked and have the ADRs planned (just waiting a couple more days until the 180 day mark to make it official). So ---- now what? :confused: I am not very patient at all. I hate to wish the days away, but come on I am ready to go!! :blush: What do some of you do while waiting on your trip?

jaredkari
03-04-2008, 02:45 PM
We probably watch the WDW planning DVDs like 50 times. We watch a lot of our old WDW trip DVDs that I make. Watch some Disney movies. Get on Youtube watch WDW clips. Get on INTERCOT a lot. We put on the WDW soundtrack while doing dishes and other things around the house (we sing Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow and Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me way too much). Basically a lot of dorky stuff but we have fun!!! :mickey:

vicster
03-04-2008, 03:23 PM
We're going in September also (9-12) and I check this website 50 times a day - it helps the wait!

CanadianFan
03-04-2008, 03:45 PM
We had our first ever trip in January, and like you, had a LOOOONNG time to look forward to it. I started by reading every guidebook I could borrow from the library! We also picked up Birnbaum's Kids Guide for our boys, 7 and 3. For the kids, we started watching all the Disney movies we could find -- it was sure fun looking for ones we hadn't seen!-- and dug out the Disney story books for bedtimes. There is also an address where you can write to the characters before you go, and they will write back to you! We also made our own autograph album, using Disney stickers and papers, and made a personalized page for most of the major characters -- and the characters loved it!! (Course, Hook and Mr Smee weren't happy to sign Peter's page -- they crossed out his photo and added "Pirates Rule!!", which our boys loved!!)
Enjoy the looking forward -- it makes a 10 day trip last for months!! :mickey:

playdead88
03-04-2008, 05:28 PM
well besides planning and researching every last detail :) we like to watch the disney parks dvd and tivo all the travel channel disney specials and watch those - we are at 48 days to go!! :mickey:

#1donaldfan
03-04-2008, 06:32 PM
Put myself into a cryogenic state and sleep it out !! Too much Sci Fi, right??

Actually, we watch videos of past trips, planning videos, anything and everything Disney we can get hold of. My sister goes at the same time with her fam, so we get together a lot and talk it over, plan, re-plan, talk, plan, re-plan....etc....oh .....my oldest DD tells me I can only talk about Disney one day a week before I "drag it into the ground"...she loves it there, but I suppose she doesn't have the bug, or maybe just being a teen, thinking of Disney is not "that cool"....??????

dumbo ears
03-04-2008, 06:44 PM
I feel the same way before I go. Some things I do are watch wdw dvds, read wdw books, listen to wdw music and listen to podcasts year round. Podcasts are awesome because not only do you get to learn new things about wdw but you get the mix of wdw music and video from the parks. They are free and you can get them on itunes.

DISFREAKS
03-04-2008, 06:59 PM
I envy you being 6 months out. We are at 562 days left. On some cabel systems they have Journey TV on demand. There they have a Disney section with several mini episodes about the parks. We have Time-Warner and its on channel 1107. Every month or so they add another episode. For us its a combination of intercot, sorcerers radio on live365.com and home movies. Have a great time!!!

garymacd
03-04-2008, 09:04 PM
What do some of you do while waiting on your trip?

Work.
Count the bricks in my chimney.
Work.
Teach.
Work some more.
Work out.
Work.
Ride my bike...
to work, where I
Work
:silly:

JuicyMoose17
03-04-2008, 09:36 PM
we watch the planning dvd's a million times and look at old pics! I'm in that stage now too! SEPTEMBER

lightyearfan
03-05-2008, 04:40 PM
well i know what you mean, me and dw are always thinking about our upcoming trip. first we book the package, then we figure out on what day will be going to what park, once this is down will takle our ADR'S, once this is all done and it's a matter of just waiting, we'll put on our past vacation tapes, i'll pull out the tape from when the Travel Channel aired nothing but Disney shows, and we'll go on this site everyday. it seems coming to this site reading and posting comments about Disney gets us threw the days, and gets us even more amped up for our trip.

be patient

Victor

rjmdds
03-05-2008, 05:52 PM
Intercot, Intercot, Intercot

Taja
03-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Work--a lot!

Plus...
House work
Gardening
Pool maintenance

Need more hours in a day! *LOL*

Also, check airline for fare changes and rental car site for rate changes. Once a week only, though, or I'll drive myself crazy! :)

mook3y
03-06-2008, 11:37 AM
We're going in September also (9-12) and I check this website 50 times a day - it helps the wait!

Yep, this helps. A little :D

BandMan
03-06-2008, 12:08 PM
Well, I've tried talking incessantly to my wife about our trip. That gets a big :shake: from her, so I don't recommend it.

I also check Intercot at LEAST 3 times a day. It helps me keep my sanity - or perhaps just enables my insanity. :confused:

Gooftroop5
03-06-2008, 12:18 PM
As part of something my middle ds had to do for preschool we made a chain out of paper. Now we go the end of November. Dh helped ds#1 put it together. The 3 kids take turns each night one of them takes a link off. Of course the chain goes around my living room through the kitchen & up the stairs. It doesn't help me cause its still sooooooo long but it helps the kids.

We also watch a lot of videos & I try not to think about it. That is so hard though. Especially since I'm ready for vacation now.

DVCWDWMEMBER
03-06-2008, 12:24 PM
What my daughter and I do is look at the Birnbaum book to see if there are any restaurants that we haven't eaten at and then make a list. We also check to see when the magic hours are for each of the parks so that we can coordinate our meals around it. As we get closer we then start by making a packing list so we won't forget anything. I know that it doesn't make the time go by faster but it is really fun to plan and it seems to bring it closer.

cfoshe
03-06-2008, 01:34 PM
just a suggestion, since it is your very first time. Go on the walt disney website, sign up, then go to plan my vacation and order the customized maps. They not only will help with the lay out of each part, they are really nice and free. This will help with were the rides are located and might help with your game plan.

tennantsrwe
03-06-2008, 01:44 PM
I too hate the wait between ADR and trip time. I usually try to make a list of odds and ends items that I know we will need. That way I can pick them up whenever I see them while I'm out shopping. I keep everything I get in a 'Disney' bag or box so they're all in one place. I say I do it to lessen the stress once the trip arrives but it actually is because I'm so excited I can't stand it! :blush: I also check Intercot alot, just to discuss Disney stuff. At least on here I know I'm not the only one obsessing about my countdown. (Which is Dec 2009 :mickey:)

Nascfan
03-06-2008, 02:03 PM
Watch the planning DVD from Disney.
Watch Disney movies.
Start your list of things to take, slowly so to catch everything.
Intercot, any and all threads, you never know when you'll find something new or you didn't think of.
Read any of the guidebooks of your choice.
Plan your days to as much or little of your liking.
Listen to Disney music.

bringbackhorizons
03-07-2008, 04:34 AM
Watch planning DVDs
listen to Intercot Radio
go on WDW website
talk about it CONSTANTLY to ANYONE who'll listen :blush:

applecore72
03-07-2008, 06:23 AM
Oh, I hear you! I've been thinking the same thing! What should we do after our ADR (which we will make on Monday or Tuesday). I love making lists so I'll probably start a packing list, a thing-to-do-list, a shopping list for groceries (we'll be in a villa the second week), a list for shopping souvenirs (there are a few things we always like to get like Christmas ornaments, coffe mugs etc).

And I will probably hang out here at Intercot for the next 182 days! :mickey:

Princess2BsMom
03-09-2008, 04:19 PM
Well, it seems like I have been on intercot more and more here lately. So, I guess that I am going to be spending my days planning, dreaming and waiting. I have also picked up some guide books and I have been showing my DD pictures on the internet of different things at WDW and we have been watching the planning DVD and other Disney movies. I think that when it gets a little closer to time I will make some kind of countdown thing for her. Six months is a long time for an almost 4 year old when you are talking about WDW!