PDA

View Full Version : Pirate's Ride-A-Thon

chrisb26
03-04-2008, 01:33 PM
I was talking to Phinny last night and she confirmed that this weekend 03/08 & 03/09 there would be another ride-a-thon. Now I'm guessing it's going to be the same as last weekend, since I have heard people saying they had difficulty getting back on the ride when they were knocked off I have decided to put pictures up with the places to get back on the ride circled.

Room 1 (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/chrisb2626/VMK/POTCRide1.jpg)
Room 2 (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/chrisb2626/VMK/POTCRide2.jpg)
Room 3 (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/chrisb2626/VMK/POTCRide3.jpg)
Room 4 (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/chrisb2626/VMK/POTCRide4.jpg)
Room 5 (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/chrisb2626/VMK/POTCRide5.jpg)
Room 6 (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/chrisb2626/VMK/POTCRide6.jpg)
Room 7 (http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb133/chrisb2626/VMK/POTCRide7.jpg)

I didn't include the first room which you just have to get yourself through that little one person queue they decided to add. I also left out the second to last room since it is actually just the first room I have pictured up there again so if you get knocked off then you get to ride again with no wait! I hope these pictures help you since some of the tracks are hidden more then others.

JPL
03-04-2008, 02:05 PM
7 rooms is way too long for a ride a thon the old VMK management team figure this out rather quickly and cut it back to . Hopefully the new management will catch on soon too.

Room 5 was the one that got me every time never noticed a way back on :(

Patricia
03-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Thanks Dino!

I had issues on that waterfall. Good to know it can be done.

Blue Genie
03-04-2008, 03:52 PM
I had found them all infact when I got knock out the first time after getting my price I when back on and I got a second price in one ride. Oh the way I found out were they were is I just click on the tracks and it bring me back on them.

chrisb26
03-04-2008, 07:33 PM
I do agree those rides were a bit long. I also have to agree that if they wanted it to be so long and detailed they should have just made it a dark ride like the Alice and Pan rides are.

I also must agree that waterfall was what gave me the most problems because of the way they made you get back on it was difficult to click the track when people were going by.

I think they could fix a lot of these line problems there were if they would just automatically put you on the ride or don't make us go through that little line that was frustrating when somebody stopped nobody else could get back on.

Blue Genie
03-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Did anyone else besides me hear from time to time the music from the royal ride o-thon when you enter the new room. It was never in the same spot but I had her the music from in the ride before it change into Pirates Life for me song.

chrisb26
03-04-2008, 08:28 PM
Did anyone else besides me hear from time to time the music from the royal ride o-thon when you enter the new room. It was never in the same spot but I had her the music from in the ride before it change into Pirates Life for me song.

Yes,

The hosts have a way of making music appear in the Dark Rooms. The Pirates ride a thon had the pirates ride music in it which was pretty cool. People actually saw the music maker when they were loading the rooms. There is an item that they i guess can set to music. Which I must say is very cool I wish I had that since I don't like the music that is in the Dark room.

TinkRocks
03-05-2008, 01:23 AM
Ok - am I the only one here that didn't know the dark room had music attached to it? I guess I should turn on the music setting from time to time.

It would be really cool if we could select what music could be played in our own dark rooms - I'm not saying we upload our own, but choose from a selection that VMK offers.

We could play It's a Small World 24/7...

Patricia
03-05-2008, 01:43 PM
There is music in the dark room? I didn't even know there was music in the ride a thon. :blush:

The only time I turn on vmk sound is during a game of pirates.

Patricia
03-05-2008, 02:25 PM
We could play It's a Small World 24/7...

AHHHHH JP!! Grab some beanie weenies and I'll fire up the rocket launcer!

BTW - Tinks is going to need a chip implant, so bring the hair clippers.

Mission 19874 is dedicated to the memory of Kiko the Evil Cat. Aug 1990 - Nov 2007

Krystal_Rose
03-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Thanks for being so knowledgeable Dino! Now if i could just make it through without crashing..

chrisb26
03-07-2008, 01:58 PM
You're welcome I hope that those pictures help you if you fall off the ride :)

Oh and I found out that the ride a thon actually starts today not tomorrow so it will begin at 1 PST/VMK time!

JPL
03-07-2008, 03:21 PM
By the time I get home I will have about 10 minutes to ride :(

chrisb26
03-07-2008, 04:37 PM
By the time I get home I will have about 10 minutes to ride :(

Oh don't worry you're not missing a thing the prize today is a very lame Pirate Maze turret which used to be from the pirates mini game that can't be stacked. :mad:

Patricia
03-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Thanks Chris, I was just coming to post this.. Sigh.

WDWfanatic742
03-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Is there any hope in the thought that we will ever get something cool from these types of events? :mad:

mickeytinkerbellprincess
03-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Well, that's VMK. I'm not expecting much anymore; it just becomes a chronic disappointment. Sigh. The music thing is cool though. Wonder when they'll be selling that to the public? Hmm.. :mickey:

Patricia
03-08-2008, 01:18 PM
Today the prize is a pirate wall and 10 credits.

:pirate:

chrisb26
03-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Today the prize is a pirate wall and 10 credits.

:pirate:

Well it's not the greatest prize ever but hey those walls are awesome for building!! I remember building some rooms and didn't have these well I can't say that anymore!

Also any prize beats the prize yesterday ;)

Krystal_Rose
03-09-2008, 01:15 AM
I agree, at least the plain walls are stackable.:mickey:

Patricia
03-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Today the prize is a pirate cannon wall and 10 credits.

I see some serious wall gathering going on. :thumbsup:

The lines are very short...

Blue Genie
03-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Thanks for letting me know Patti saves me time on going on the ride. Why Why Why is VMK so dumbo giving prices that we already have from the pirates of Careibean game from last few months. They are really losing it.

chrisb26
03-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Well I do admit the prizes this week were not the best. That prize Friday being the worst however, overall this weekend has had some pretty nice prizes. Those pirate walls are great for building. Yes its true that you could just get them from the Pirates mini game but I for one never really played pirates so don't have many. So when they started to release these this weekend I was pretty happy since I didn't have any. So I will be for sure riding and getting these for when I need them in the future to build.

Also something that needs to be remembered is when was the last time VMK has done a ride a thon 2 weeks in a row? I don't remember them doing that. Last weekend they had nice prizes one of which was a brand new item. So this week didn't repeat that which is alright with me because I didn't like having to ride all day with long lines just to get very little of the item.

Patricia
03-10-2008, 11:57 AM
Although the turrets are not that useful, I would think people that didn't have any would like a few.

The walls, on the other hand, are very useful. You can't possibly have too much of anything you can stack. I have used them in almost every build to hold up something. Along with green hedges, they can be used anywhere you can't see them.