PDA

View Full Version : Which way to MK?

figgie
03-04-2008, 10:54 AM
When going to the MK and parking in the parking lot at the TTC, which way do you like to go: The Monorail or the Boat?

We sometimes even take the resort monorail and visit the MK resorts on the way (also the least crowded way to get back to TTC after the park closes).

c&d
03-04-2008, 11:24 AM
We almost always take the boat. It's just nice to sit back and relax. I also like to watch all the goings on in the Lagoon.

Gooftroop5
03-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Depends on our mood. Also how crowded it is when we get there. If its really crowded we get on the boat also the same when we leave. However if its not crowded we take the monorail.

pluto 77
03-04-2008, 04:22 PM
I really think that looking at the crowds is the best way to go. I am very impatient and hate waiting in line to head over to the park! So whatever looks like it will take less time is always what i will do.

But i do have to say the boat is more relaxing!

caryrae
03-04-2008, 04:45 PM
We usaually take the monorail to MK and the Ferry back at end of the day.

MMouse6937
03-04-2008, 05:04 PM
We pretty much always take the monorail. I absolutely love it. The spiel...everything, plus it's a little cooler in there then outside on the boat. I guess sometimes it's based on crowds, but last year we only took the monorail.

dumbo ears
03-04-2008, 06:48 PM
I never knew you could take the boat from there. I have always takin the monorail. could someone message me and tell me where you get on the boat at.

kathiep
03-05-2008, 09:48 AM
We prefer the monorail but have to take the ferry at least once during each trip.

Flower
03-05-2008, 10:11 AM
We mostly take the monorail , but I like to take the ferry too!

JPL
03-05-2008, 10:30 AM
I love the Monorail and usually try to take one going to the park and the boat coming back. But for the most part I judge the crowd level first. If it is crowded the boat always seems to be the better option

bringbackhorizons
03-05-2008, 10:40 AM
I love the monorail, but DH loves the boat.

Jared
03-05-2008, 12:28 PM
I never knew you could take the boat from there. I have always takin the monorail. could someone message me and tell me where you get on the boat at.
Taylor, when you arrive at the Transportation and Ticket Center, the ferry dock is to your left. The monorail, as you know, is toward the right.

The boat takes a little longer, but it has a gigantic capacity, and you will almost never have to wait more than one cycle. On busy days, when groups waiting for the monorail may watch three or four trains go by before reaching the front of the line, you'll be happily playing in the park because you took the ferry.

Honestly, we usually stay at a Disney resort and don't have to choose, but we traditionally take the monorail. However, if we see the ferry is nearby, we will take it instead.

kbean
03-07-2008, 08:20 AM
I usually take the ferry over, it seems its faster. Seems like families ride the mono's more because the children like it better than a slow boat ride.

russk42
03-07-2008, 08:48 AM
We usually take the boat (from FW), but on the rare occasions when we've been offiste, the ferry from TTC has been our choice, primarily for the ease of loading with strollers.

caryrae
03-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Just curious does anyone know how long of a ride it is for each from the moment they leave their station/dock.

Mary M
03-07-2008, 11:38 AM
We usually do the monorail. Or the launch from WL. :)

IloveDisney71
03-08-2008, 06:16 PM
If I'm not on a Disney bus, I always take the monorail. My mom always HAD to ride the boat (every time!) so since I've grown up I've always taken the monrail. I don't think I've ridden the boat since I was 10 or 11 years old. Maybe I should give it another chance.:blush: