PDA

View Full Version : Anybody else out there getting impatient for their Christmas trip???

Dsnygirl
03-04-2008, 09:12 AM
(I know.... crazy.... :santa3:)

It just seems WAY to early to be looking forward to our trip, but I just can't help myself... I think it's because I'm getting cabin fever, and looking forward to the trip has gotten me through some long days!! I know once the warm weather hits and we get busy with summer stuff, the "itch" will go away... (okay, maybe it won't go away, but at least it will lessen... :blush:) but for now, I'm so jealous that my friend's hours for September are out and I still have to wait three more months for ours!! I've already looked at last years hours and been guessing what parks we'd be at on what days... where we might eat... when we'd want to do the special Christmas stuff and visit all the displays... (can you tell we've never been at the holidays before?? :blush:)

Anyway -- anyone else out there feeling the pangs, too, or am I the only :crazy: one?? :santa3:

scootch713
03-04-2008, 09:18 AM
We are going midnovember and I keep asking myself, "why do you look at the disney boards everyday??". I have been busying myself making a shutterfly photobook of our last trip. Friends of ours are going in May and begging us to go with them, I am so, so close to doing it!

teambricker04
03-04-2008, 09:25 AM
No, but I am excited for our May trip!!!

Going to WDW at Christmas time is GREAT... I can see why you are excited!!!! I can't plan that far out for a trip to WDW as I get way to excited and drive everyone nuts for half the year :mickey: It doesn't help that it is the end of a season, and I don't know about you but it seems our winter is dragging on and on.

Dsnygirl
03-04-2008, 09:40 AM
I can't plan that far out for a trip to WDW as I get way to excited and drive everyone nuts for half the year :mickey:
Oh, that is so me.... I just said to my DH last night, "Guess where I think we should eat for your birthday??" (We'll be down there for it...) and he just smiled at me and said, "Let me guess... WDW??" and I said, "Yes - of course - but I was thinking the California Grill b/c it's not a MVMCP night, so Wishes will be going on and we can watch it from there, and if we take the kids to the Kids Night Out thing at the Polynesian for a few hours, we can scoot over on the monorail for dinner and then to DTD for few hours........" and he laughed and said I was impossible. :D But hey - he's never minded when we're there and all our plans are going great and we're having a ball.... :thumbsup: He just knows he'll have to put up with little details like this popping out for the next 8 months.... :blush:

teambricker04
03-04-2008, 09:47 AM
Oh, that is so me.... I just said to my DH last night, "Guess where I think we should eat for your birthday??" (We'll be down there for it...) and he just smiled at me and said, "Let me guess... WDW??" and I said, "Yes - of course - but I was thinking the California Grill b/c it's not a MVMCP night, so Wishes will be going on and we can watch it from there, and if we take the kids to the Kids Night Out thing at the Polynesian for a few hours, we can scoot over on the monorail for dinner and then to DTD for few hours........" and he laughed and said I was impossible. :D But hey - he's never minded when we're there and all our plans are going great and we're having a ball.... :thumbsup: He just knows he'll have to put up with little details like this popping out for the next 8 months.... :blush:

That sounds like a great Birthday idea!!!

My DH too... luckily for me he is easy to get into the WDW mood!

lightyearfan
03-04-2008, 10:10 AM
no don't worry your not the only 1. me and dw will be going to WDW in June, and if all goes well be be heading off to the world for a long weekend trip in Dec, we were at WDW this past Dec for the first time , and we both just blown away!! everything about it was fantastic, from The Osbourne Festival of Dancing Lights to Holidays around the world, the Candelight Precessional, and of course MVMCP at Mk! :santa3: we loved the way that the parks were decked out it for the holidays, the feel of the parks were different as well, and the parade during the MVMCP to me and dw was the best parade that we've seen at WDW and we've seen alot! so again don't fret because you are not the only 1 thinking of December me and dw are in the same boat.

be patient as it will come sooner than we think:mickey:

Victor

Marilyn Michetti
03-04-2008, 10:13 AM
We're going the first week in Dec., as usual.

I think it helps to plan in increments. June6th, we can make our three ADR's. Around July, we start looking at SouthWest for airfare. By that time, Birnbaums will be in my car to look at while my mom is in Dialysis, along with a note-book. It also contains list's for Christmas, so I can stay busy with fun plans.

December is a wonderful time to be at WDW.:cloud9:

mudpuppysmom
03-04-2008, 11:22 AM
My sister was the one who hatched the plan to go later in the year, however it was ME who said let's go in December!! I really enjoyed ourtrip two years ago when DS and I went and I've been really itching to go back again!!

DH says we can go FOR Christmas one of these days, but I told him, it's a tad too nuts for me from what I hear, so we'll stick to staying home, for now!!

I'm already trying to figure out where we'll eat on which day and what park we'll be in also. Hoping to catch a MVMCP while we're there too plus see all the hotels and decorations, plus the Osborne Lights......gee, does it sound like I'm ready to go?!?!?!?!? Now.......I just need for this kid to emerge from my body and I'll REALLY be ready!! No more prego trips for me!

goofysbabe
03-04-2008, 12:01 PM
:santa3: I just can't wait either. We are going Dec. 26th thru Jan. 2, it's all I can think about. However, my son & his girlfriend have requested the family go to Spirit Vincennes Rendezvous Memorial Day weekend so now that's starting to take up some of my time & thoughts. Part of me hates that we are going then, we went a few years back in Aug. and I kinda wished away me summer - HOPEFULLY I won't do that this time around:deer:

brad192
03-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Just booked my flights & contacted MJ today! :party: Dec. 10th seems SO far away right now. :( Sounds like a lot of Intercot people will be there in December. Maybe we should arrange a meet or two? :D

#1donaldfan
03-04-2008, 12:53 PM
This year will be our first EVER December trip and I'm gettin' REAL anxious to go......actually, it's way worse as we have to wait "through" our normal summer time visits......once summer and the warmth gets to us, I'll be crazy with withdrawls..........give us some pixy dust to get us through it !!!!!!!!!!!:ill::mickey:

elmjimmlm
03-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Is it bad that we have 296 days to go and I am already trying to figure out the days ( what park on what day, dining etc.)...I am just so excited to be going after Christmas and spending New Years at Disney...
Really, how many times can you watch the planning dvd before you drive yourself crazy? I know that I have only watched it twice in the last month...I can admit that I dont have a problem waiting...:blush:

stitchbag1
03-04-2008, 02:54 PM
My DW and I have been planning this trip since th Christmas Day Parade!!

We went at X-mas in 96 and we have always wanted to get back. There is just something about Disney at Christmas.

Plus this year is our 15th wedding anniversary and where else would we rather be?

I think about it everyday!!!

:santa3: It never stops. :santa3:

Disneyatic
03-04-2008, 03:34 PM
We are in the same boat! Our trip is Dec 13th-20th and I can't wait! I have already started a tentative plan of what parks on what days and coordinating dining with that :secret:
We are having some instability with our employers right now and my biggest concern is that it will disrupt our vacation! People think I am crazy when I say that, but they just don't understand how bad I want to get back to WDW!

MauiMouse
03-04-2008, 04:01 PM
Add me to the list of December goings. I have never been at Christmas and it's always been a dream to go this time of year. I'm traveling with some good friends and we are staying from December 10-13. We are going to do the Christmas Party, Candlelight Processional, Osbourne Lights and see some of the various Christmas decorations around the resorts. We also splurged on the Deluxe Dining Plan and will be eating very good. Only 281 more day! :thumbsup:

MissStyles
03-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Blythe,

That is too funny about the dinner plans you came up with only because I bet most of us here do the exact same thing. But you know what they sound perfect to me!!!

disneylovinmom
03-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Been there, done that. Last year we booked our trip in early January 2007 for a trip the week before Christmas 2007. It was the longest 11 months of my life!!! Thank goodness for Intercot. It seriously helped get me throught it. We went December 15-22 and had a FABULOUS time. Good luck!!:mickey: