PDA

View Full Version : Cub Scout Campout March 7 - 9

gcbdad
03-04-2008, 08:57 AM
This weekend my Son and I will be going to Fort Wilderness Campgrounds for our 3rd Annual Cub Scout Campout. The past two years it was in early May and we camped in the big field in Creekside Meadows but this year we are getting individual sites on a loop and doubling up with 2 tents per site.
The first year the whole family, sans my 2 year old, went and it was hot and to make matters worse it was grad night that weekend so there was loud music most of the night. Last year just my 3 older kids and myself went and it was the same with the weather but no Grad Night.
This year it will be cooler and a few possible showers on Friday but the rest of the weekend looks great.
We are Seasonal Paasholders so we will bring our passes in case we get time to break away to see the Magic.

faline
03-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Sounds like quite an undertaking!

Not2Loud
03-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Have fun. There was a Cub Scout gathering there last weekend while we were there. We were in Cabin Loop 2100, so not too far from them. I drove down several times in the golf cart to see what was going on and enjoyed seeing all of the scouts having a great time.

It was amazing though how on Sunday morning by 11 AM how it was cleared out and CLEAN. Kudos to the scouts! :thumbsup: