PDA

View Full Version : any tips for vacationing in wdw the first week of april

dumbo ears
03-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Im goin to wdw with my mom and one of my friends. We are both 16 and we are leaving saturday March 29 and leaving tuesday april 1. We are staying at the pop century resort and we have never been there before. Ive heard good things about it but im still doubting the bus system but im trying to get my mom to let us drive to the parks since we get free parking. we are goin to magic kingdom on sunday and doin the emh and it will just be me and my friend. Then we go epcot on monday with my mom joining us. Im just wondering how crowded it will probabaly be and any tips that you could tell me to make my trip better. This will be my friends 1st trip since he was 11 so im trying to make his trip memorable.

BigRedDad
03-04-2008, 01:33 AM
Its going to be crowded. Probably not as much as the week leading up to your visit. The recommendation is to hit the attractions you want early, use fast pass efficiently. As for driving, I would do that if you can. I hear POP's buses can be bad. I will be there when you are. This will definitely set the tone for me staying at a Value again in the future.

180flyr
03-04-2008, 09:49 PM
We've stayed at the Pop Century a couple of times and had good success with the busses. The first time was on a New Years eve and it was crowded but the busses were ok. The busses will drop you off right near the gate. If you park, you may have to take a tram through the parking lot to get as close. The nice thing about the busses at the POP as opposed to the All Star resorts is that the Pop is in an area by itself so you will have direct routs to and from the parks. (With the other value resorts the buses stop at each resort.)

The only time we've had an issue with the busses over our last three stays was getting to and from Downtown Disney.

busterthebronco
03-04-2008, 10:05 PM
so you're 16?
by all means drive!
we are not bus people.
riding to the park is ok but the crowd leaving is tough.
i will say though that the bus line moves pretty fast and it seems they know the crowd is there ready to go home so its "all hands on deck".
lots of busses moving lots of people.
but when i was 16 i'd ride to the store and buy bread just to get a chance to drive.
are you a WR fan or N'SIDE?