PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Pool View

Sinewiz
03-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Well I've booked my 3rd trip to the Animal Kingdom Lodge (first 2 I had savannah views) this time I've booked a pool view. For anyone that has stayed at AKL and had a pool view I would sure appreciate some input as to what building I should be staying at. Looking at a property map the building that is closet to the bus stop appeals to me most. Plus, it appears to be a little further from the hectic ness that goes on around the restaurant area. Does anyone know what building that might be? Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks, :thumbsup:

TexasPrincessAurora
03-03-2008, 07:42 PM
All the rooms at AKL, to the best of my recollection, are housed in one building. There are different sections called "Trails". If you have a pool view and want something close to bus transportation I would suggest requesting one on "Giraffe Trail".

E-OR
03-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Our family stayed in Zebra Trail on the 4th floor pool view. It was really pretty and we liked the location. We did drive though and so did not worry about the bus. It was close to the pool, restaurant, and laundry but was also very quiet.

McGoofy
03-05-2008, 05:48 AM
We are passholders, so we get down to WDW a good bit. We have saved resort maps with room numbers on them. That's so we can remember the good ones and try to request that area if we go back to that resort. All that to say, that I have two really good room numbers to share with you--both were pool view category. The first was room 5030. This one had bunk beds, but that was before bunk beds were considered an upgrade. The pool view was great, but what also made this room special is that it almost could have been considered a savanna view as well. We had a great view of the animals from our balcolny. On a more recent visit this past May, we stayed in room 5016 on the Giraffe Trail. Again, we had a great view of the pool. You could see the savanna some, but not as well as the other room. However, this room was in a great location. We were on a corner, so only one room on the other side of us. We were right down from the stairs where you could walk out to the bus stop. We were very close to the elevator, which made going to the pool & Mara very conveinent. We thought it was an excellent location.