PDA

View Full Version : FW Refurb

NJ Camper
03-03-2008, 04:54 PM
Haven't heard anything on the tree clearing and refurb at FW anyone have a update I know when we were there in Nov they had started clearing some of the underbrush and that there was some bath houses redone just wondering if anyone had any new things that had been done ????:confused:

RocklandRVers
03-04-2008, 08:44 AM
We just got back. FtW looks "naked". Most of the brush has been removed from around all the campsites which sure does lessen that old sense of privacy. We were in the 1900 loop and on the far side away from the comfort station. We could see clear across there and even on into 1700. I could even see the 1600 loop's comfort station which is a good distance away.

I didn't see any bathroom refurbs. The 1900 and 1600 (the ones we used) have been the same for the past 5 years we have been visiting.

Did notice new Hybrid busses. They are quiet and have cleaner emissions. Was hoping to ride one but didn't get a chance.

NJ Camper
03-04-2008, 07:50 PM
we noticed they started clearing the under brush in Nov the bathrooms in the 300 loop looked like it was redone but could be mistaken kinda a shame they're clearing out the under brush it takes away the privacy that people had but i'm sure given the amount of season that Fla has for growing there should be a fair amount of small plant growth by next year i hope we are planning a Oct trip guess we will see when we get there if anyone else knows any more please post

ibrowse17
03-05-2008, 10:04 AM
They were working on the comfort stations on the 2000 loop when we were there Feb 2007. We went through FW this past Dec and Feb, and it did feel naked. Many sites that were hidden from the main road were now in plain view, but the under growth did need to be cut back.

Magic Fanatic
03-06-2008, 02:22 PM
we noticed they started clearing the under brush in Nov the bathrooms in the 300 loop looked like it was redone but could be mistaken kinda a shame they're clearing out the under brush it takes away the privacy that people had but i'm sure given the amount of season that Fla has for growing there should be a fair amount of small plant growth by next year i hope we are planning a Oct trip guess we will see when we get there if anyone else knows any more please post

I understand your concern. On of the CM's at the check in office told me that this "clearing out" was neccesary because of the loss of trees suffered during the storms a few years back. This loss of trees let to more sun light making it to the ground which led to the excessive under brush. Once the cleaning out is complete I was told the next phase would be a large replaning project to relpace the trees that were loss. The message was to be patient that they are trying to make things right.