PDA

View Full Version : How to travel from POP to Y&BC?

LeeAnn
03-03-2008, 04:07 PM
We'll be staying @ POP. The kids have ADR for The Treasure Cruise @ Y&BC for 9:30AM. We need to arrive 15 to 30 min prior.

How do we get there via WDW transportation?
How long will it take?

I remember there used be a site would tell how to travel in WDW and how long it would take? I can't seem to find it. Does anyone have that link.

Thanks.

sloslo
03-03-2008, 04:31 PM
I think the best way would be to take the bus from POP to Epcot then jump on the bus to Y and BC.

bleukarma
03-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Or take a bus to MGM and then take a boat over to Y&BC from MGM. Or just walk from MGM to Y&BC.

mook3y
03-03-2008, 05:56 PM
I would take the bus to MGM(err DHS) and walk over from their (10 - 15 minute walk). I would plan on leaving the resort pretty close to an hour before you are supposed to be there.

If you end up running tight on time and are concerned about making it, I would suggest you take a cab. From Pop To YC... Not sure, never taken cab from Pop maybe $13?

My DS5 did this last September.

I had a lot of fun watching him from afar (he didnt see me) for the first stop. Also, I was waiting 20 minutes prior to the end at the dock and was a lot of fun to watch the end of their adventure too. :)

In between, I spent time looking around the resorts and shops at BC, YC and BW. A nice quiet way to spend the morning.

FiggyFan
03-03-2008, 08:36 PM
I don't think that there is a bus from Epcot to Y&BC. I agree with bus to Studios, followed by a boat or a walk to Y&BC.

wendy*darling
03-03-2008, 08:41 PM
I don't think that there is a bus from Epcot to Y&BC. I agree with bus to Studios, followed by a boat or a walk to Y&BC.
That's correct- no bus to Epcot from Yacht & Beach Clubs or the Boardwalk.

So the bus to Hollywood Studios (MGM) is the best option. The boat or walk from there to Y&BC is very nice.:thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
03-03-2008, 11:36 PM
We'll be staying @ POP. The kids have ADR for The Treasure Cruise @ Y&BC for 9:30AM. We need to arrive 15 to 30 min prior.

How do we get there via WDW transportation?You do have a couple of options:

1. Pop to MGM, walk or boat to YC. Will take about 40 minutes in total (15-20 minutes by bus + 15-20 minutes for boat or walking). I'd plan on being at the Pop bus stop by 8:15am just in case you do have to wait.

2. Taxi to YC. This will take less than 10 minutes and cost around $8.00 plus tip. Can be pre-arranged and the taxi will be waiting for you.

garymacd
03-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Go to EPCOT, use your Park Hopper pass and enter at exactly 9 am. Walk through the park and back out the other side and right to the Yacht Club.

TammiMcMan
03-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Go to EPCOT, use your Park Hopper pass and enter at exactly 9 am. Walk through the park and back out the other side and right to the Yacht Club.Definitely an option if they have park hoppers, but probably would take them the longest. You have to factor in the travel time on the bus, plus waiting to get through security and then it's about a 15 minute walk to the YC. I think they need to have the kids checked in for the cruise by 9:15am and with Epcot opening at 9am, that would be tough.

mook3y
03-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Definitely an option if they have park hoppers, but probably would take them the longest. You have to factor in the travel time on the bus, plus waiting to get through security and then it's about a 15 minute walk to the YC. I think they need to have the kids checked in for the cruise by 9:15am and with Epcot opening at 9am, that would be tough.

Yes, you would not have time to do this option. They also leave pretty close to 9:30. They wont wait.

garymacd
03-05-2008, 09:12 PM
Definitely an option if they have park hoppers, but probably would take them the longest. You have to factor in the travel time on the bus, plus waiting to get through security and then it's about a 15 minute walk to the YC. I think they need to have the kids checked in for the cruise by 9:15am and with Epcot opening at 9am, that would be tough.

Yeah, I thought about that AFTER I had posted and was too tired to edit it or repost.