PDA

View Full Version : half birthday celebration

wedway fan
03-03-2008, 12:09 PM
first, some background: my sister called last night, because her son (5+) was asking what kind of party he would be having for his birthday. she was puzzled, because his birthday's not until october. he replied, "no, my half birthday!" she laughed, and told him that while half birthdays are fun, people don't usually celebrate them, and that the only person she knew of that would celebrate their half-birthday would be his uncle john. (100% true about that one). she asked him to call me and see if i would help him celebrate his half birthday -which i, of course, enthusiastically agreed to.

here's the kicker- his half birthday (5 1/2) will be while we're all together at WDW for a grand gathering next month!

my question to you all is- is this a valid birthday celebration, and can i get him a birthday button? remember- his idea to celebrate the day. i'm going back and forth on this one, and could be persuaded either way without offense. what do you think?

goofiecrazy
03-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Nice to see someone else from Delaware..I would wait and see till you guys get there then ask him about the birthday thing.Just explain that the buttons are for the actual thing..How about getting a button made saying its his 1/2 bday or special occasion..

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-03-2008, 03:01 PM
I celebrate my half birthday every year... It started because one of my dearest friends in middle and high school had a birthday that fell on my half birthday and vice versa. I went to Disney on my half birthday (Oct 3) and did the whole birthday pin thing... Enjoy it while you can and are young and you WANT to enjoy it. We celebrate my DD's 1/2 birthday as well. She just turned 3, so I think she thinks that her birthday is a year round celebration (especially since we went to Disney for a week a week after her birthday...lol).

I say yes, no problem, go for it. Who cares what everyone else says? If he wants to celebrate the fact that is is 1/2 a year older, then let him!

jpH/keD
03-03-2008, 03:16 PM
My niece has been celebrating her 1/2 birthday for years! (She is 13 now!) Her actual birthday is Dec 30th and she says she gets ripped off w/ Christmas and New Year's being so close! So she has a pool party every year to do the Half birthday up right! :party:

I say GO FOR IT! It should be a hoot! We also follow another Disney tradition from Alice in Wonderland and give Unbirthday presents for all kids under 10 so you all qualify for that as well! Have fun!! :thumbsup: