PDA

View Full Version : Can't miss Counter Services??

Princess2BsMom
03-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Ok... I have been planning out our TS ADRs but just so I can know --- what are some of the CS meals that I need to try and catch while at the parks! We will be on the DDP if that matters.
Look forward to seeing the responses!

catsmommy555
03-03-2008, 12:22 PM
We love flame tree BBQ in AK we always eat a counter service when we are there.

Goofeygal
03-03-2008, 12:34 PM
For us here is our favs at each park.

MK-Pecos Bill's & Columbia Harbour House
Epcot-Electric Umbrella and Tangerine Cafe (in Morocco)
DHS-Commisary
AK-Flame Tree BBQ

Johnno52
03-03-2008, 12:55 PM
The CSR's Marketplace has a very good selection for CS. This is about as close as you can get to a TS. Its a bit out of the way unless you are staying there or have a car otherwise its 2 bus trip. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
03-03-2008, 12:56 PM
for us it's:

MK.......Columbia Harbor House
AK....... Pizzafari
EC........Yorkshire Fish Shoppe
MGM......Toluca Leg Turkey Co.

makes me hungry just thinking about it !!:mickey:

JPL
03-03-2008, 01:09 PM
The only 2 counter services I would give a not to be missed rating to are the Flame Tree BBQ at AK and Sunshine Seasons at Epcot.

TBY2225
03-03-2008, 01:10 PM
Flame Tree AK

TBY2225
03-03-2008, 01:11 PM
AK
Flame Tree

Epcot
Sunshine Seasons and Tangierine Cafe

MK
Casey's and Peco's Bills

DHS
?????

jefmblrd
03-03-2008, 01:19 PM
I would recommend Pecos Bill in the MK. They have all the usual CS fare, but the fixins bar takes it up a notch.

Flame Tree BBQ in AK is good as well.

Cosmic Ray's is pretty good if you want to get something like a baked chicken.

Tangerine Cafe in Morocco is great as well.

Sunshine Seasons in Epcot has many good selections, and is good for a family who is in the mood for different things.

The Cuban sandwich in the ABC Commisary in Disney Studios is different from the normal park fare and pretty good.

I haven't eaten there in years, but I hear a lot of good things about the CS section in the Germany Pavilion.

Starring Roles Bakery has some good sandwich selections and nice baked goods.

disneymom15
03-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Harbour House at MK
Earl of Sandwich at DTD
Yorkshire fish at Epcot

AdventurelandTikiGirl
03-03-2008, 01:43 PM
I enjoy the Cantina in Mexico at Epcot. I really like the seating area along the lagoon. It's very relaxing.

I also like Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe, mainly for it's neat name, but I also enjoy the toppings bar for burgers.

lightyearfan
03-03-2008, 02:08 PM
i love these kind of posts, anyway here are my and dw picks for each park:

1. MK- Pinochio Village Haus
Columbia Harbor House
2. Epcot- The Electric Umbrella(Future World)
Liberty Inn (World Showcase)
3. AK- Flame Tree BBQ
Pizzafarai
4. DHS- Toy Story Pizza Planet
Commesary(not spelled right)

Enjoy

Victor

JPL
03-03-2008, 02:13 PM
I guess I would also add Cosmic Rays just for the enterainment gotta love Sunny:thumbsup:

McGoofy
03-03-2008, 02:15 PM
MK: Pecos Bills (great cheeseburgers) & Casey's (best hotdogs)

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons (great healthy food) & Yorkshire County Fish Shop (best fish and chips)

AK: Flame Tree BBQ (BBQ chicken portion is huge!!) & Yak & Yeti--CS is outside the restaurant (great egg rolls and fried rice)

DHS: Toy Story Pizza Planet (That's the best I could come up with. I'm not a huge fan of the CS offered at DHS.)

Jared
03-03-2008, 02:34 PM
I particularly like Columbia Harbour House in the Liberty Square section of the Magic Kingdom and Sunshine Season Food Fair in the Land pavilion of Epcot.

Columbia Harbour House is huge, so it's easy to find seating, especially upstairs. It never seems to be as crowded as Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in Tomorrowland and Pecos Bill Cafe in Frontierland. The restaurant serves basic fried items, like chicken strips and fish sticks, but I like the unique and wholesome sandwiches, including one with hummus, tomato and broccoli slaw. I usually get the New England clam chowder, half sandwich combo platter.

Sunshine Season Food Fair is food court area with four different pods: Asian, rotisserie, soup/sandwich and bakery. Everyone orders their food at a station, and it all funnels to general cash registers at the front near the seating area. It's particularly worthwhile for guests on the Disney Dining Plan, because you are entitled to a dessert from the bakery section, which offers selections substantially better than the desserts at every other counter service location. I love the Butterfinger cheesecake.

biodtl
03-03-2008, 03:50 PM
I like many of the CS choices at WDW, but for us, the one we never miss is Casey's. It's a first day/first thing tradition.

DisneyDD2
03-03-2008, 04:11 PM
DHS- Pizza Planet

AK- Flame Tree

Epcot- Sunshine Seasons

and if you go to Downtown Disney- Earl of Sandwich :thumbsup:

DisneyorBust
03-03-2008, 04:25 PM
Just one man's opinion:

MK- Peco's Bill's, great fixin bar.
Cosmic Ray's, good variety.
Casey's, great hot dogs!
Epcot-Mexico Pavillion,the Cantina has a good variety. We love the Nacho's!
Germany Pavillion, I love the Bratwurst.
DHS- Backlot Express, they have the regular choices, but they have a good grilled turkey panini and a grilled portabello sandwich.
AK- Flame Tree BBQ

elmjimmlm
03-03-2008, 05:19 PM
We were on DDP last year and we loved Earl of Sandwich dtd, Sunshine Season epcot, Yorkshire Fish and Chips epcot, POR food court., Pizzafari ak (great subs)..These were our top CS...Hope this helps:mickey:

IC10
03-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Just had to add Flame Tree one more time. We also loved Tangierine Cafe adn Sunshine Seasons. Columbia Harbor House was our most relaxing meal our whole trip.

eyoreswife
03-03-2008, 08:27 PM
DHS,abc commissary THE CUBAN SANDWICH can't do a disney trip without one:number1:

Princess2BsMom
03-03-2008, 09:38 PM
Thanks! This thread is really making me hungry. I can't wait to get to Disney to try out some of these places. I better save some money for new clothes for after my trip. I bet I will gain a zillion pounds. But, enjoy every minute of it!!!

Dakota Rose
03-03-2008, 10:02 PM
Flame Tree at AK
Cosmic Ray's at MK
Cantina at Epcot

Never had CS at Studios.

LilHooligan74
03-03-2008, 11:00 PM
AK- Flame Tree
Mk- Cosmic Ray's and the Bill Peco guy :drummer:
DTD- Earl of Sandwich
Only counter services I really ate worth remembering.

CaptSmee
03-03-2008, 11:52 PM
We enjoy the CS restaurants more than the TS at the MK. We always eat at: Columbia Harbor House, Casey's Corner and Cosmic Ray's. Pecos Bill's is also good.

At AK Flametree BBQ is very good.

At Epcot Sunshine Seasons is excellent, as is Yakatori House.

MGM needs some help when it comes to dining in general. None of the CS are very good there IMHO.

playdead88
03-04-2008, 06:03 AM
Pizzafari at AK

Columbia Harbor House at MK

the CS in Morocco at Epcot - the wraps are awesome!

Rosie's All American Cafe - DHS

:mickey:

Dragongirlx
03-04-2008, 06:08 AM
MK - Columbia Harbour House/ Cosmic rays (My sister would eat here all the time if she had her way)
AK - Flame tree BBQ discovered this last year and loved it

goofysbabe
03-04-2008, 08:09 AM
I'd like to get my 2 cents in, just because I can :) ours are:

MK- Cosmic Rays, Pecos Bill's or Pinocho Villiage Haus

Epcot- Sunshine Seasons, Cantina

DHS- Rosie's All American

AK-Flametree BBQ

GrmGrninGost
03-04-2008, 06:32 PM
The one CS I never miss is Cosmic Rays! They have a nice variety and Sonny Eclipse is awesome! I would go there just to watch his show! :mickey:

DISFREAKS
03-04-2008, 07:12 PM
MK: Caseys or Pecos Bills
DHS: ABC Commisary ( DW loves the Cuban Sandwich)
AK: used to be Tusker House but now is Flame Tree
EPCOT: Yorkshire County Fish Shop ( My personal fav)

ktflisa
03-05-2008, 08:36 AM
Our faves:

Columbia harbour House
Pecos Bills
TS in Mexico
TS (fish & chips!) in UK
The Sunshine place by Soarin'
Earl of Sandwich
Coronado Springs' TS offering (Great variety!)
Flame Tree at AK
At the Studios, we usually eat at the commisary or at Rosies... but I wouldn't put them on a "must do" list. A lot of times we don't eat at that park...

We always go to Columbia Harbour House because it is so big and comfy - and seems quieter than places like Pecos Bills.

Princess2BsMom
03-06-2008, 06:04 PM
MMMMMM :eat::tasty: I can't wait

marutzw
03-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Columbia Harbor House, Tangerine Cafe and Flame Tree BBQ

IloveDisney71
03-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Epcot - the little outdoor Mexican restaurant. YUMMY and don't forget to get a margarita (it's worth every penny)
AK - Flame Tree BBQ
DHS - Toy Story Pizza place
MK- Cosmic Rays has a great baked chicken and the Pinochio (sp?) restaurant by IASW has a great Philly Cheesesteak(big enough to share)

bruin1344
03-06-2008, 10:01 PM
Pecos Bill (my favorite fast-food hamburger spot of all time)

Pretty much any counterservice in the countries is awesome

Mickey91
03-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Cosmic Rays. Sonny Eclipse is awesome!:mickey:

brownie
03-07-2008, 12:07 PM
Magic Kingdom: Cosmic Ray's, Peco Bills

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons

Disney Hollywood Studios: Backlot Express

Animal Kingdom: No favorite

DizNee143
03-07-2008, 12:36 PM
for some reason..i LOVE the Electric Umbrella..i dont know why..i have always loved it there and eat there at least once each trip..and i swear everything tastes better here!! lol..but i think thats just me..lol
my other favorite is pizza planet!!! yummmmy!! :mickey:

January-2007
03-08-2008, 01:56 PM
We love Sunshine Season's in the Land in Epcot. My favorite meal there is the pork chop with yellow rice and mashed potatoes, and butterfinger cheesecake for dessert, so good! Another overlooked place I would recommend is the Main Street Bakery in the Magic Kingdom. We got a late lunch there and were able to get a sandwich, any dessert, and drink with the CS credit, and then we took our trays out to the curb and got ready for the afternoon parade, it was just wonderful! Have a great time!

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-08-2008, 02:21 PM
MK:

Pinocchio's Village Haus - great sandwich
Pecos Bills Cafe

Epcot:

Tangierine Cafe - platters are delicious and huge
Electric Umbrella

DHS:

ABC Commissary
Toy Story Pizza Planet - surprisingly good pizza

AK:

Flame Tree BBQ - best BBQ in the parks! We never miss this place.

chicklittlemom
03-08-2008, 03:27 PM
I know it's been said on almost every post, but it really is one that I would say Don't Miss! : Flame Tree BBQ at AK. Yeah, it really is that good and I'm not much on BBQ.

Also, if you have kids, we like Pinnochio Village Haus in MK. The kids meals are the usual, but we had some great sandwiches and dessert there.

Princess2BsMom
03-09-2008, 04:16 PM
It seems to me that Flame Tree is hands down a must do for us. There are several others that I am going to have to try also! The only bad thing about these threads, is how hungry they can make you! Can't wait to try these.

tlivgstn
03-09-2008, 10:24 PM
We ate at Earl of Sandwich twice. So good! Our other fave was Boulangerie Pattiserie in France/Epcot. We sat in the shady courtyard and my dd and dn shared a second quiche. Enjoy!

PinKy
03-11-2008, 02:40 PM
Ok, like everyone said....

Flame Tree Barbeque at AK
and a few of our favorites:

Cosmic Rays at MK
Earl of Sandwich at DTD
Electric Umbrella at Epcot
the Mexican cafe' / counter service at Epcot

*my husband loves the Commissary at the Studios, but its not my favorite

*Columbia House is also very good - at MK

Oh! And the food court at The Land (Epcot)!!! (its awesome!)

wilshade
03-11-2008, 02:52 PM
AK: Flame Tree BBQ - There is a reason nearly everyone mentions it. :thumbsup:

Epcot: Sunshine Seasons in The Land

MK: Columbia Harbor House

Studios: Backlot Express

DTD: Earl of Sandwiche

N2DisneyWorld
03-11-2008, 09:34 PM
We love:

MK - Peco's Bills
Epcot - Sunshine Seasons
AK - Flame Tree
DHS - Cosmic Rays

:thumbsup:

Tink#64
03-11-2008, 11:11 PM
I enjoy the Cantina in Mexico at Epcot. I really like the seating area along the lagoon. It's very relaxing.

I also like Cosmic Rays Starlight Cafe, mainly for it's neat name, but I also enjoy the toppings bar for burgers.

:ditto: As read through everyone's fav's I was wondering if anyone else liked Ray's the way we do - & lo & behold "Tikigirl" not only did you say Ray's but also our fav in Epcot - The Cantina de San Angel! We eat at both of these every trip!

DHS we don't really have a fav CS, we always eat at Sci Fi, but we usually hit the Sunset Blvd. fast food & we never eat in AK except RFC or snacks! :blush:

TwingleMom
03-11-2008, 11:51 PM
MK~ Pinocchio Vilage Haus watching ITASW while eating Figaro Fries....PRICELESS also in MK we really like Pecos Bills (great topping bar)

AK ~ Flame Tree

Epcot~ Mexico, pastries in France, Sunshine Food

DHS~ none

tennantsrwe
03-12-2008, 08:42 AM
We enjoy our CS as much as our TS! In MK we can't miss Pecos Bills (looove the taco salad with the fixins bar) & Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe'. In AK I really like the Italian Sandwich at Pizzafari...although we like Flametree, too. MGM we like ABC Commisionary and EPCOT it's the Electric Umbrella. :mickey:

Von-Drake
03-12-2008, 08:51 AM
Ours is usually
Magic Kingdom: Pinocchio Village Haus, Caseys, Liberty Tree Tavern
EPCOT: Electric Umbrella and Mexico
Disney Hollywood Studios: ABC Commissary
Animal Kingdom: Donald's Breakfastasaurous (When it was open)

McGoofy
03-12-2008, 08:57 AM
As read through everyone's fav's I was wondering if anyone else liked Ray's the way we do

Shari,

We love eating at Cosmic Ray's and evidently so do many other people. When we were there the first week in February, we couldn't even get in the building! Would you believe that there were CM's at every entrance turning people away at that time because they were at fire hazard capacity!!!!

It must be the variety of the food bays, and of course, Sonny Eclipse!

wilshade
03-12-2008, 10:50 AM
Well, yeah . . . that Sonny has a galaxy wise audience to pull from ya know ;)

While I listed other CS as favorites, it doesnt mean that I stay away from Cosmic Rays. And, I am sure I will visit good ol' Sonny every so often.

PixiePrincess
03-12-2008, 12:56 PM
We love Columbia Harbour House in the Magic Kingdom, and Tangierine Cafe in Epcot.

2disneyfans
03-13-2008, 06:10 PM
Our all time favorite CS is in Epcot, the Cantina at Mexico. We love the combination plate and the churros! :cloud9:

Belle_0717
03-14-2008, 06:25 PM
MK- Columbia Harbor House

DHS- Pizza Planet

Epcot- Tangierine Cafe

AK-Flame Tree BBQ

EvilQueen2006
03-14-2008, 07:59 PM
Favorite counter services
* Columbia Harbor House-in MK- love the lighthouse sandwich!
* Tangerine Cafe- in Morroco- love the vegatarian platter!
* The bakery in Norway for dessert- school bread and viking coffee. . .mmmmm.
Other good places
- UK for fish and chips
- Cantina in Mexico
- any place that sells turkey legs.
- used to love Tusker House- I'm sad its a table service now, but Yak and Yeti has some good counter service options now.
-Sunshine Seasons in Epcot is good- but not for breakfast!

AdventurerKim
03-15-2008, 03:48 PM
MK--Columbia Harbor House and Pecos Bill's

EPCOT--The Land Sunshine Food Fair

HS (studios): Backlot Express and the place they serve the Greek food by the Honey I Shrunk The Kids Playset

Luthien Tinuviel
03-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Hi! Here are my favorite counter service restaurants.

Magic Kingdom:
I like El Pirata y el Perico, but it seems like this one's closed a lot of the time.

DHS:
We usually end up a the Backlot Express. I don't know if this is one of my all time favorites, but if I had to pick one in DHS at least I can see the Ewok village from the dining area.

Animal Kingdom:
I really like Chakranadi Chicken Shop

Epcot:
I love all the counter service restaurants in the World Showcase, but I'll try to narrow it down a bit.

For atmosphere:
Cantina de San Angel (Mexico) - The dining area on the water is great.

Yakitori House (Japan) - It feels more secluded and calm than most other restaurants.

For food:
Kringla og Bakeri (Norway) - I usually get food here and take it to the Cantina de San Angel where I can sit by the water and eat.

Boulangerie Patisserie (France) - They have the best sandwiches I've found in Disney World.

LudwigVonDrake
03-16-2008, 12:08 PM
Cosmic Rays and Flame Tree BBQ :tasty:

princessjojo
03-16-2008, 12:29 PM
We just love love love Casey's hotdogs. I really don't know why, but we do. I also like ABC Commissary at DHS.

PixieMagic
03-17-2008, 09:53 PM
AK - Flame Tree BBQ

EC - Yorkshire Country Fish Shop

MK - Columbia Harbour House

HS - Toluca Leg Turkey Co or Backlot Express

Genie1953
03-17-2008, 10:18 PM
Without a doubt...
Magic Kingdom - Columbia Harbor House
Animal Kingdom - Flame Tree

:mickey: :thumbsup: :mickey: