PDA

View Full Version : crowds during easter week

mludman
03-03-2008, 11:38 AM
we are planning a trip during easter 09 with 2 boys who will be 4 1/2 and 2 and i am a bit nervous about crowds. our last couple of trips were in the summer (week up to july 4). does anyone have a horror story about the crowds easter week or a pleasant story to ease my mind.

PinKy
03-03-2008, 03:04 PM
IMO, and from past experiences and reading the crowd historical data on Intercot and other sites, I would say its going to be VERY busy. Its spring break, its a holiday week. Its going to be busy. That being said, its not going to be as bad as going the week of 4th of July. (we did that one year and will never never do it again unless it is our one and only possible option) Ya just have to take a deep breath and not "get in a hurry" with the crowds. Make sure you have your kids securely with you in strollers etc, so that you're not worried about them..... and then just go at your own pace. It will be fun, crowds or no.....:mickey:

Tygger7
03-03-2008, 03:26 PM
Only experience we had with Easter crowds vs. 4th of July was through our DD(15) last year. She went with her friend's family Easter week and said the crowds were much worse than when we were there over the 4th of July. They couldn't get into MK for their dinner reservations at the Crystal Palace because the park was at capacity...they had to wait until 30 minutes prior to their reservation before they were let in. The shortest line she waited in was 60 minutes, and her biggest complaint was that they only got to ride 2-3 rides each day, even with FastPassses, because the parks were so crowded. If you can stay away from the actual week of Easter, I'd recommend it. Others may have different experiences...but we never experienced those types of crowds even over the 4th of July.

MarkC
03-03-2008, 08:34 PM
I hate to tell you this, but if you have ANY chance at all to change the time of the trip, you will be glad you did. This is usually the 2nd busiest week of the year after Christmas/New Years. Your kids will have to stand in long, long lines and miss a lot of rides, etc. Even restaurant waits will be long. I'm not trying to scare you off, just letting you know reality. I love to help people enjoy their Disney vacations. When people ask me about it, I always tell them the most important factor is when to go. Since the kids are not yet in school, try and take them in late April or early May instead. You will have the parks much more to yourselves and the kids will have a much better time (as will you). Enjoy. Mark

DreamFinder2
03-03-2008, 11:50 PM
I'll try to ease your mind a little...

We've always gone to WDW during spring break. My DW and I are both teachers w/ summer jobs and it's really our only option. We have always been able to do everything we've wanted to do...no exceptions. Crowds are heavy and wait times can be long, but you just have to be flexible and patient. We've never gone home thinking "wow, that was a horrible trip."

Hope this helps...we're leaving on the 15th, so maybe we'll bump into you ;).

pixiesmimi
03-04-2008, 01:35 AM
We went Easter (Spring Break) week in 06. I personally didn't think the crowds were any worse than they have been any other time that we have been there. We took advantage of EMHs and had early character breakfasts to put the kids in a good mood (and DH too). :) We enjoyed that time of the year because the weather was really nice. With two older kids in school and who are gone most of the summer, that is one of the few times we can go. We got to do everything that we really wanted to do with no problems. The only line I can think of that we stood in for a long time was Peter Pan. I'm not sure there were any fast passes available at that time. Like they have said already, just have patience, take your time, and enjoy it. It is a beautiful time of the year.

mludman
03-04-2008, 11:53 AM
thanks for the input. wife and i are teachers too and the busy times are pretty much when we can go. i havent been during easter since i was a kid. i will just have to remeber some tips and to take it at the kids pace