PDA

View Full Version : Q: re historical park hours/EMH, etc.

Dsnygirl
03-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Okay, so I know that because of parties, days of the week changing with dates yearly, special events, there are variations in the park hours that change year to year. And I've looked back over the historical park hours, and things seem to stay pretty much the same season by season. So - does that stay the same in regards to EMH, days that special parties (such as MNSSHP or MVMCP) happen each year, etc.? I'm trying to help out a friend who is planning a surprise trip but the park hours aren't out yet - and she's trying to create an itinerary to go along with the surprise - only she'll be doing it all before the hours actually come out! So - I'm doing the "research" and have been able to give her general park hours based on previous years, but am now asking those of you who have been there the same time of year a few times -- do things generally tend to stay the same with hours/what days EMH fall on/party days, or does Disney do a wholesale change every year??

Thanks so much!! :thumbsup:

scootch713
03-03-2008, 09:23 AM
Can't really answer your question, but if you are looking at MVMCP, just to let you know, Thanksgiving is a full week later this year. The past few years it has fallen the third week of November, this year it is the fourth.. so not sure how this is going to affect MVMCP.Touring Plans does have MNSSHP dates tentatively marked, so if I can help you with that, let me know, will let you know what they "think" will be the days of those parties.

Rodders
03-03-2008, 10:50 AM
I planned our trip based on last September's opening hours and have just updated based on the new hours for Sep 08. Very little changed. I don't know if this is typical or not though :(

Taja
03-03-2008, 11:23 AM
In 2007, with MVMCP on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday nights, evening EMH at MK and DHS switched.

Usually evening EMH at MK is Sunday; it switched to Monday. Usually evening EMH at DHS is Monday, it switched to Sunday.

I don't know how it was handledin 2005 and 2006, as I did not visit WDW during the holidays those years. In 2003 and 2004, MVMCP was only three nights and there was no evening EMH--that I can remember, anyway! *LOL*

Carol
03-03-2008, 07:30 PM
Past Party dates and Extra Magic Hours are listed along with the Historic Hours in Info Central. :)