PDA

View Full Version : Add a Country

Von-Drake
03-03-2008, 08:30 AM
Yes, the poll was started as a result of the thread discussing adding Russia to World Showcase in EPCOT. I thought about adding Neverland to the Poll options but had a feeling it would have an unfair advantage over the others.

GothMickey
03-03-2008, 08:35 AM
I'm the first to vote and I voted Russia.

Dragongirlx
03-03-2008, 08:40 AM
Well I'm Irish so of course I had to vote for Ireland. Of course if was going to be all leprechauns and guiness I would have to withdraw my vote
:stpattys:

bleukarma
03-03-2008, 08:41 AM
I vote Australia. I think it would be a neat addition to the countries that are already there. :mickey:

Tinksalot
03-03-2008, 08:45 AM
My vote is Greece!:vacation:

CanadianFan
03-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Australia could be a very cool addition -- imagine a mini Ayers Rock!

DDuck66
03-03-2008, 10:22 AM
My first response was going to be Ireland, but then I thought back to several trips that I have had to the Bahamas and other islands in the Carribean. The flavors of the islands, the straw market in the Bahamas and the wonderful mix of cultures would be great at EPCOT.

Gooftroop5
03-03-2008, 10:32 AM
I picked other. Egypt, Madagascar, South Africa, Venzuela, Brazil (always mardi Gras) would be better choice.

We have a lot of Europe represented and India is already in AK. I know Africa is too that is why I picked countries dor more their culture instead of their animals. Ok Madaagascar fits into AK better.

Von-Drake
03-03-2008, 10:36 AM
I wish I could edit my poll. I meant to put Egypt on the list.

gwfx1031
03-03-2008, 10:45 AM
I like all the suggestions, but a previous posters idea about Greece would be a great one. Incredible food, beautiful architecture, and the possibilities that a mythology based attraction pose are huge.

SBETigg
03-03-2008, 10:46 AM

Yes! This comes up now and then I always go with Greece. Great food, a character tie-in (Hercules- not that you need characters in WS, but it can't hurt), and the possibility of adding a mythological based attraction along the lines of Norway's Maelstrom. Russia would be my second choice.

Ireland is already part of the UK, represented, and there's also Raglan Road at Downtown Disney. Australia would be neat, but I would love to see it at the Animal Kingdom as a new land over there.

LauraF
03-03-2008, 11:05 AM
I chose Russia, but I was torn between Greece and Australia. I chose one that was the most different from the current countries already there - I want to go find out about countries I'd never be able (or willing) to visit.

I also think that Ireland is well represented in the UK.

DNS
03-03-2008, 11:18 AM
I could be wrong, but I thought Ireland was represented in the United Kingdom pavilion? I thought the architecture represented all of the U.K. and there is a shop with merchandise from Ireland because I have bought several things.
I went with Australia.

MickeyChick
03-03-2008, 11:25 AM
I went with Australia but I also favor Greece.

WriteDisney
03-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Yes! This comes up now and then I always go with Greece. Great food, a character tie-in (Hercules- not that you need characters in WS, but it can't hurt), and the possibility of adding a mythological based attraction along the lines of Norway's Maelstrom. Russia would be my second choice.

Ireland is already part of the UK, represented, and there's also Raglan Road at Downtown Disney. Australia would be neat, but I would love to see it at the Animal Kingdom as a new land over there.

I totally agree! You make a good point about Hercules and a ride would work in nicely there. Austrailia should definitely be Animal Kingdom! That would fit in nicely with the other countries. I think they should add some kind of Irish flavor to the United Kingdom area, even though southern Ireland isn't apart of the UK.

Walt Lucas
03-03-2008, 11:57 AM
I voted other for Egypt. there's tons of history, Mythological gods, and cool buildings. I think a boat ride down the Nile would be fun. Also, i think it would be good to learn about their current culture and lifestyles

dlpmikki
03-03-2008, 11:59 AM
I went for Switzerland because it would be cool to have the Matterhorn bobsleds and a fondue restaurant!

CU Tiger
03-03-2008, 12:24 PM
It was between Australia and Ireland for me and I went with the Aussies. :mickey:

#1donaldfan
03-03-2008, 12:27 PM
I picked Australia.....we were so close to it years ago while living in the Phillippines, and didn't even go......:( sure missed out on a good opp.....:mickey:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-03-2008, 01:02 PM
like I said in the other thread... Antarctica because of the penguins.

IloveDisney71
03-03-2008, 01:30 PM
...I thought about adding Neverland to the Poll options but had a feeling it would have an unfair advantage over the others.

:laughing: Neverland - funny!

I voted for Ireland. I've always wanted to travel there but I seem to get to WDW more often! :blush: One day, I'll make it to Ireland! (Hopefully)

McGoofy
03-03-2008, 01:51 PM
I went for Switzerland because it would be cool to have the Matterhorn bobsleds and a fondue restaurant!

I like how you think! I am the other person that voted for Switzerland. I voted before I read your post, but that was the exact reasoning that I had in mind. It would pave the way for a great ride!

I thought about Australia, but the question was "what COUNTRY would you like to see added?" Australia is an entire continent!:mickey:

stitchbag1
03-03-2008, 02:05 PM
I also voted for Switzerland because I think you could really do alot with it. First, bring the Matterhorn to WDW, or you could do a Soarin style ride throught the Swiss Alps. Kinda neat.
Also the food would be incredible.

I agree with another post which said Australia would be better suited in Animal Kingdom. I think that would add more depth to AK.

After I posted my response, I saw some other peoples answers and I would love to see Egypt or Greece. Great ideas!!

How about Brazil or Argentina?

jszczur5
03-03-2008, 05:07 PM
I voted for Greece. There's a lot they could do with the theming for that country.
The only down side would be listening to my Greek next door neighbour gloat.

caryrae
03-03-2008, 05:18 PM
I would love to see Jamaica, Hey Mon.

AllDisney
03-03-2008, 05:55 PM
I'd like to see Greece added to EPCOT. The imagination would run WILD with possibilities for a "ride". The food is great there, so Greece is my pick

wedway fan
03-03-2008, 06:26 PM
i voted "other" thinking greece- for all the reasons stated above. great food, great architecture, great possibilities for an attraction, and character tie-ins.

RocknRoller94
03-03-2008, 08:10 PM
I voted Bahamas. I enjoy Tropical areas (beaches, palm trees, sunny weather, etc.). However, Switzerland came close to being my vote. A Switzerland Idea created during the original planning of Epcot included its own Matterhorn (bobsled coaster and everything!).:mickey:

Von-Drake
03-03-2008, 08:27 PM
I really wish I had added Egypt and Greece to this poll, but I love the idea of adding Australia to the AK. It does seem like that would be a good fit.

dumbo ears
03-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Id love an australian pavillion. Ive always wanted to go there and this would be a great way for me to experience it.

Bethis26fan
03-03-2008, 09:16 PM
a vote for Ireland here

Jeff G
03-03-2008, 09:21 PM
I really wish I had added Egypt and Greece to this poll, but I love the idea of adding Australia to the AK. It does seem like that would be a good fit.

I would love to see Australia at WS since it has so much to offer but I wouldn't mind having it at AK as well. Currently there is Asia & Africa at AK along with Japan, China and Morroco.

Others that would be great would be Egypt, Russia, and I agree with a South American Country.

The WS is great but by adding just a few more countries you could make it complete.

Scrod
03-03-2008, 10:45 PM
I voted other for Greece, too.
What does Australia have for food. Not trying to flame, easily swayed by a good meal!
Diggery-doo concerts 4x a day would also be cool. Would need to have the Rescuers there.

CaptSmee
03-03-2008, 11:45 PM

I voted for Russia, but Greece would be an excellent addition! I also like the idea of Egypt as well.

RAIDER
03-04-2008, 03:59 AM
I went for Australia ...World Showcase needs something from that side of the world :thumbsup::beer:

Dragongirlx
03-04-2008, 04:10 AM
I could be wrong, but I thought Ireland was represented in the United Kingdom pavilion? I thought the architecture represented all of the U.K. and there is a shop with merchandise from Ireland because I have bought several things.
I went with Australia.

Although Ireland is represented in the UK pavillion Ireland isn't actuaaly part of the UK in the real world. It is a separate country and should be represented separatley.

The UK pavillion itself is heavily biased in favour of England. Wales Scotland and Northern ireland barely get a look in. I would like to see more representation for these parts.
OK Rant over

Russia would be cool to though:cool:

applecore72
03-04-2008, 06:55 AM
I voted for India since they have such an interesting culture and special food, but after reading the posts I would have to say that Greece would be a huge favourite! It's one of the nicest European countries with great people, good food and a history which is amazing!

bringbackhorizons
03-04-2008, 09:16 AM
I voted for Australia, its a great country with excellent soap operas lol

BigBaloo
03-04-2008, 10:02 AM
I voted other & think it should be Brazil. Europe is already heavily represented in WS. I think there is a lot they could do w/ Brasil, food, culture & soccer!

moe513
03-04-2008, 10:19 AM
good question.i think its time to add on.

sdcheung
03-04-2008, 10:56 AM
Greece, but NOT NOT Classical Greece, Medieval Byzantine Greece is Nice, tie-in with Modern Greece..Besides Greece does not hold to twelve God nonsense anymore

big blue and hairy
03-04-2008, 11:21 AM
While I think Russia would be a great choice, if we're building two, I have to stand up for Spain. Both have great architecture and history, but think about this choice, paella, or borscht!!! :D

:sulley:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
03-04-2008, 01:31 PM
My vote is for Austrailia.

Lets put another shrimp on the bar-b!

Chris :hatter:

laughingplace<3
03-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Wow, after reading all of these posts I noticed I didn't really give my vote a thorough thought. I voted for India just because I love their culture and food. However, Spain would be a wonderful addition. I'm not trying to say that Mexico is the same as Spain in ANY way, but I want to see a new pavillion that will add a lot of variety. I'm not positive what that country would be. Perhaps Greece is my favorite choice.

valjane
03-04-2008, 02:20 PM
I am waiting for Australia to be added to AK, which is a much better fit.

A walkabout "trek" with all the indigenous species of Australia: kangaroos, wallabies, the platybus, wombats, koalas. Come ON... how can they miss this opportunity?

Imagineers, are you listening?

Aussie wine stands, meat pie shops, surf gear, aboriginal-inspired art. The possibilities are endless!

Australia doesn't have a whole lot to offer World Showcase, culturally, that isn't already provided by UK and America.

Now, to answer the actual question, I would like to see India or maybe Brazil or some other South American country. We need representation from another continent besides Europe.

Belle619
03-04-2008, 03:21 PM
I would have to say Greece - and not just because I'm Greek, but because of all the potential this pavilion would have.

kbean
03-04-2008, 03:55 PM
I Russia would be a great country to showcase. Alot famous landmarks could be represented. I thought Australia would be a good add to AK.

pdrlkr
03-04-2008, 05:00 PM
We chose Austrailia.

AHOTE
03-04-2008, 11:34 PM
I picked "other" because I'd like to see Egypt added to WS. After quickly looking over all the postings I picked up at least 16 different countries that people would like to see added. Looks like WDW could add "WS 2" and that would be awesome.:thumbsup:

Tbelle1976
03-05-2008, 12:06 AM
I also voted "other" and though about Greece! I think it would be beautiful.:mickey:

Jared
03-05-2008, 12:42 AM
I voted for Spain, but I also think South America deserves representation in World Showcase. Though an Australia pavilion would be fascinating, I think it fits better as a land in Animal Kingdom than a small section of Epcot.

disney07
03-05-2008, 01:30 AM
I would love to see EPCOT add an India section. That would be awesome. The cuisine and the culture is radically different from all the countries currently housed there.

Sammyjo
03-05-2008, 12:12 PM
I would vote for Egypt. Egypt would be really fun. :mickey:

Mickey91
03-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Russia

Crystal Palace
03-06-2008, 09:01 AM
I chose Other because I would love to see Egypt added to World Showcase. I can picture the pyramids now... :)

Mary M
03-06-2008, 12:35 PM
I voted India.

The culture is really fascinating, plus it's such a large and populous country. And it's a part of the world that isn't represented as much.

And curry.

caryrae
03-06-2008, 06:25 PM
I am suprised no one else thinks Jamaica would be a good addition. I have 2 friends that just love it there. They loved it so much they got married on a beach there a couple years ago.

I think they have great food and seems like a fun place to visit. I would love to here some tropical steel drums playing while walking around drinkin some Red Stripe:beer:.

disneymajik
03-06-2008, 08:44 PM
Another vote for 'other' being Greece. The potential there would be outstanding!

bruin1344
03-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Greece because Greek cuisine is pretty good

dmosher
03-07-2008, 04:05 AM
Add New Zealand. Awesome country, lots to put out there and little is known about it. It would make a great addition.
:pipes:
D

bringbackhorizons
03-07-2008, 04:26 AM
My vote is for Austrailia.

Lets put another shrimp on the bar-b!

Chris :hatter:

:funny:

Tigger&Stitch
03-07-2008, 05:32 PM
While I live in NZ and think it would be a great addition, not sure how all the great aspects of NZ would be incorporated.

Australia would definitely be better suited to AK, as when most people think of OZ, they think of animals (kangaroos etc), or the Great Barrier Reef (which is already represented elsewhere in Epcot).

Greece might be ok...Europe is quite well represented,though, and some of the food is similar to Moroccan food.

Egypt also is another interesting country. However, there are already pyramids in Epcot in the Future World area and in Mexico.

Ireland is awesome and definitely is not represented in the UK (as the UK has NORTHERN Ireland, which is quite controversial). However, I don't think it wouldn't be much different than what the UK pavilion already has - a pub etc.

Someone else mentioned Antarctica. That's a great idea! Maybe introducing both of the Poles?

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-07-2008, 08:54 PM
Russia!

I love the architecture. It's beautiful. Also there is interesting history and culture.

Ireland is already part of UK so I wouldn't pick that and Switzerland is very similar to Germany. Also I think Australia should be added to AK instead of Epcot. They could do a lot with it in that park.

pluto 77
03-08-2008, 04:17 PM
I voted for Ireland even though I would love to see Australia as well. I think they should put Australia in AK and then we could see the animals!!!!!

villavic
02-26-2013, 02:20 PM
Anyw new country would be welcome, but IMHO I think India has far more topics that would inspire shows, rides, restaurants and landscapes, than Russia or Australia.

Of course my real choice would be Peru but it wasn't included in the poll. ;)

tjstrike
02-28-2013, 03:21 AM
I voted Russia because that's a very big part of the world that we know little about.

cemgal53
02-28-2013, 09:08 AM
Greece is the word! On my bucket list to visit but I seem to keep coming back to Disney!:mickey:

DisneyDINK
02-28-2013, 11:02 AM
Of the choices there I had to go with Russia.

Others I think would be interesting:
Vietnam
Thailand
Brazil
Kenya
Philippines

*Bad/odd choices:
North Korea
Iran
Libya
Burkina Faso
Cuba
Israel
Vatican City
Micronesia

* No disrespect intended, but just imagine the threads that would come from Disney announcing one of those pavilions (Why Micronesia!)

DonLefNY
02-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Whoa, old thread here. I voted for Switzerland.

ANG
02-28-2013, 01:08 PM
I vote Russia

snowflakegirl
03-02-2013, 01:49 PM
I picked other. Egypt, Madagascar, South Africa, Venzuela, Brazil (always mardi Gras) would be better choice.

We have a lot of Europe represented and India is already in AK. I know Africa is too that is why I picked countries dor more their culture instead of their animals. Ok Madaagascar fits into AK better.

I would LOVE to see a Madagascar section added to the Animal Kingdom!!

I voted other for the poll, thinking either Greece or Egypt. Although Spain or Russia would also be good choices.

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Da Disney
03-02-2013, 05:21 PM
I would say Greece or Turkey or possibly Egypt!

darthmacho
03-02-2013, 06:08 PM
South America needs some representation, so why not Brazil, Argentina, or Chile?

PrincessJadesMom
03-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Ireland seems like such a beautiful country & I love their accents.

indytraveler
03-04-2013, 09:52 AM
I went with Australia. Greece would have been nice too.