PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest Cafe in DDP?

kjmelak
03-02-2008, 11:21 PM
I don't see either the DTD or AK locations on the Table Service list. I thought I read a post somewhere that the AK location was in the dinng plan. Does anyone know?

Carol
03-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Rainforest Café is not owned by Disney. It's not on the dining plan.

JPL
03-03-2008, 09:32 AM
Rainforest cafe use to be on the Dining Plan but has opted out along with many others since Disney changed the terms to be less favorable for non-Disney restaurants. This is also the reason we lost Alfredo's at Epcot.

aurorafan
03-03-2008, 02:55 PM
We ate at both RFC locations in Oct. 2007 and neither was on the plan. You can make ADRs at the AK location when you make your other ressies, but the DTD one had to be made through their number directly (not sure if that's changed or not). Oddly enough Yak & Yeti is owned by Landry's too and it's on the dining plan--go figure ;).

JPL
03-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Oddly enough Yak & Yeti is owned by Landry's too and it's on the dining plan--go figure ;).

I believe Disney's Policy with Third party restaurants in the parks states they must participate in the DDP which is why Alfredo's didn't renew their contract. The Rainforest Cafe at AK is technically outside the park.

Jared
03-03-2008, 03:09 PM
Jeff is right, as usual. The Rainforest Cafe just outside Animal Kingdom has the option of participating in the Disney Dining Plan. Yak & Yeti does not because it's located in the park.

You can't blame any restaurant group for choosing not to participate in the awful plan. The result? We lost a very popular Italian restaurant in Epcot.

TheRustyScupper
03-04-2008, 10:03 AM
. . . I belive Disney's Policy with Thirp party restaurants in the parks states they must participate in the DDP . . .

1) Good thought.
2) But untrue.
3) Bistro de Paris in inside Epcot, but not on DDP.
4) All non-Disney owned eateries can join or not join DDP.
5) It is a matter of negotiations.

JPL
03-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Bistro de Paris is also a Signature Dining Experience which is different than a regular Table Service restaurant. Chef's De France is included on the plan.
I know the deal with Landry's for the Yak and Yeti included the requirement for it to be on the plan and my other sources have said Alfredo's did not renew their contract to operate in Epcot since they were required by Disney to participate in the DDP and it was no longer a profitable option. Now this might not have always been the case in the past but I know moving forward if you see a third party restaurant open inside a park it will be required that they participate in the DDP.