PDA

View Full Version : Lots of prayers and a little pixie dust?

LauraleeH
03-02-2008, 06:42 PM
My great-grandfather was diagnosed with dementia about two years ago. He fell in the garage and they took him to the hospital, and he didn't know who anyone was. He never came home after that, and has been with assisted living ever since then.

We just got the call today that he is fading fast and he might not make it through the night. He has pneumonia and his oxygen is dropping quickly. I was told he closed his eyes on Friday and hasn't opened them since.
Tomorrow is my great-grandma's birthday and she is very sad but has had 2 years to prepare for this, and she doesn't want to see him suffer anymore. I'm worried about her and my grandparents, and David (My great-grandma's son who is Down Syndrome). Also worried about my mom, she's already really upset about losing her grandpa.

Please pray for my family during this time...and throw a little pixie dust our way, if you don't mind. Thank you to everyone on Intercot.

Tinksalot
03-02-2008, 06:47 PM
You absolutely have my prayers and warm thoughts.

Dakota Rose
03-02-2008, 07:07 PM
Absolutely you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

mrsgaribaldi
03-02-2008, 07:13 PM
I'm so sorry. Prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:on the way for all of you.

daparish
03-02-2008, 07:28 PM
Prayers and :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie: on the way. I am truly sorry for your family.

Daisy'sMom
03-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Sending prayers for peace and strength to you and your family during this time.

disneydeb
03-02-2008, 09:35 PM
My thoughts are with you and your family during this time. God bless you all.

tinksmom02
03-02-2008, 09:54 PM
My thoughts are with you and your family.

Kairi_7378
03-02-2008, 09:55 PM
Prayers for you, your family, and especially your great grandfather!

poohbearlover15
03-02-2008, 09:55 PM
I hope your family gets through everything ok! He will be in my prayers and heres some :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: :pixie:!!!!!

crazypoohbear
03-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Sending you lots of pixie dust and prayers.
I hope that your great grandfather makes it through his wife's birthday for her sake. Dementia is such an awful thing for a family to go through.
Here's some extra pixie dust for you for looking out for everyone else in your family.

Gooftroop5
03-03-2008, 01:04 PM
Lots of Pixie Dust on your way. :pixie::angel:

bleukarma
03-03-2008, 01:11 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this trying time. Hang in there!

pogo
03-03-2008, 01:17 PM
Your GGF is in my thoughts and prayers.

:pixie: for him and your whole family, and a :hug: for you. God bless.

busterthebronco
03-03-2008, 04:29 PM
prayers being sent from the deep south.
:angel:

RedheadWriter
03-03-2008, 04:34 PM
You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers

PirateLover
03-03-2008, 05:23 PM
I wrote a long response last night but it was eaten up by cyber space :(
I too hope that your great-grandpa makes it past great-grandma's bday, so that date isn't tainted for her. I have to say though that you are very blessed to have had great-grandparents in your life. I would have love to have known mine.
We lost my grandmother almost six years ago due to complications from Alzheimer's. I was 16. It was terrible. It is so hard to watch someone just become a shell of themselves. It is the closest thing to torture that I have ever experienced to have someone you love turn into something completely different, and I pray every day that no one in my family has to suffer from dementia again. It is just so difficult.
Tons of :pixie: and prayers for your family during this time. We were as prepared as we could be when my Gram finally passed, and though we were happy that she was finally at peace, it was still very difficult. Just remember that the ones we love will always live on in our hearts, and we are all here for you on Intercot. :hug:

LauraleeH
03-04-2008, 02:06 AM
Thank you so much everyone.

He passed away sometime between 1:15 and 1:20 today. My grandma and one of her brothers were in the room, but my great-grandma started having panic attacks last night so she wasn't allowed to go in.

I come from a very large, very close family. Everyone is up and down. Relieved for a moment that he's in Heaven, and then hysterical the next minute. Everyone is flying to Indianapolis for the showing and the funeral on Thursday and Friday, so please continue to pray for them.

And thanks again...I am truly amazed at the responses. You guys are great.

kakn7294
03-04-2008, 02:53 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss. :hug:

Stitchahula
03-04-2008, 03:09 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers at this difficult time.

crazypoohbear
03-06-2008, 10:36 AM
I'm very sorry for your loss. I will pray that your family finds the strength to make it through all of this.
I hope your great grandmother finds some comfort in all the years that she did have with her husband .

PAYROLL PRINCESS
03-07-2008, 11:25 PM
Prayers and pixie dust for you and your family. It's never easy losing someone you love.:pixie::pixie::pixie:

disneydrmr
03-08-2008, 09:06 AM
I'm very sorry for you loss. :hug: Prayers have been said for you and your family.

LauraleeH
03-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Thank you so much!

The funeral was hard, especially for my great-grandma, who spent 68 years married to him and even more than that since they dated through high school. But like I said, we are a huge, close family...and that alone helps a lot.

MsMin
03-10-2008, 05:02 PM
So sorry to hear the news. I don't know how I missed this post.:( I lost my grandmother in Dec. 06 after she spent 3 years in a nursing home from Dementia. I understand the relief because it's so hard to see a family member who is just not the same anymore but also the sadness b/c they are gone. Hoping you and yours find comfort in the memories from the good times real soon. Prayers and :pixie: on the way...

LauraleeH
03-12-2008, 12:24 PM
Thank you, and I'm sorry for your loss, as well

DisneyDudet
03-12-2008, 03:03 PM
I am sorry for missing this thread as well. I am sorry for your loss. I pray for peace for your family at this time.

A lot of my patients are from the older community, and many times, the nursing home patients we get, there's no family. It is very encouraging to hear of a very close family.

You and your family are in my prayers. Here is some :pixie: for you as well.