PDA

View Full Version : P&PP Questions

Julie1221
03-02-2008, 06:39 PM
1.Does anyone have the inside information on about how many people are let into the P&PP?

2.Also, how long were the waits for rides??

3. All in all is it worth the money to attend?

Any info is good information!
THANKS!!!!

Quasimodo
03-02-2008, 07:30 PM
We went twice to P&PP last year and enjoyed it both times. We are going back in May. I don't know how many tickets are alloted for each night. I doubt anyone else on Intercot does either. Its not something that Disney releases to the public. But both times we went (Feb. & Aug.) the crowds were small. You could get on most rides with little to no waiting.

As for the value, that is purely one's opinion. It may be worth it for the small crowd alone. For my family it was a good value. We enjoyed dressing like pirates in the park. We got lots of compliments from CMs and other guests. The fireworks and the parade are very good. They have a big pirate ship float that is really cool looking. So don't miss those if you go. Their are lots of characters out if your family is into meeting characters. They have some dance parties at various locations for the kids. The one in Cosmic Rays is a good one if you're tired. You can sit at a table and let the kids dance with the Chip & Dale while you rest. The Jack Sparrow meet and greet is fun to do if you liked the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. But the line was long. The guy they had playing Jack looked just like Johnny Depp.

joanna71985
03-02-2008, 07:34 PM
I love P&P. It is a lot of fun, and I can't wait to go again in May.

figgie
03-02-2008, 07:44 PM
I think the "Special" partys are always worth it! From "Mickey's not-so-very Scary Halloween Party" to "Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party"! Nobody host a special party like Disney. There is certainly a plus in limiting the number of tickets sold. Yes the lines are shorter, the crowds are in that special "I'm at a party just for a few" mind set and the Party Theme only stuff make you feel like you are indeed in another place and another time. The P&PP is fun if you really get in the mood. Dress up and put on your party face! I'd say go for it.....we have!:party:

Julie1221
03-02-2008, 08:18 PM
Thank you so much for the information! I think we'll book. We are also going in MAY. From what you've all told me it will be a blast!
Thanks AGAIN

AdventurelandTikiGirl
03-02-2008, 08:50 PM
I went to a P&PP party last year and it was a blast. I didn't use a park ticket that day and just used my party ticket to get into MK around 4:30. There were no crowds and I don't remember having to wait long for any rides. The parade and fireworks were cool, and there's something special about riding Pirates of the Caribbean during the party. :thumbsup:

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-03-2008, 10:33 AM
We've been twice and going back a third time... it is so much fun, the fireworks are AMAZING (if you can catch it from Poly before you go to the party, def try to... it gives you an amazing perspective!) and there is virtually NO wait for any of the rides.

Side note: anyone that has been in early Feb or went the 1st of Mar or whatever (we went Jan 21 and Feb 26)... did you guys only get beads? We went the 21st and they had beads, the gems, plus they gave you the little bags to put your treasures in, plus the hats and the tattoos and some stations. on the 26th of Feb: no bags, no gems, just beads. Is that the norm now? DD was upset she didn't get any "diamonds"...

Disney Doll
03-03-2008, 11:08 AM
We went to the 1st PnP party in Feb 2007 and it was great! I'm not sure how many tickets were sold, but THE best part in our opinion was the crowd levels. We walked on to everything with no wait. We also loved the special parade and fireworks. We definitely thought it was worth the cost. In fact it was the highlight of our trip.

When we went we got the velvet goody bags for all our pirate loot. At the various treasure spots we got beads, chocolate nuggets, chocolate coins, and raisins. There may have been other stuff. I know we didn't hit every spot. They were generous and we had plenty of candy after only a few stops so we decided to focus on other activities.

NJDad
03-04-2008, 06:05 AM
Didn't they eliminate some or all of the chocolate giveaway?

oilergirl
03-08-2008, 08:15 AM
We just got back from a party on the 22nd and yep - no chocolate anymore... but the beads were fine and the kids had a blast. Fireworks are spectacular and I LOVE Captain Jack. I did talk to a CM at one of the stores and they sell 25,000 tickets with it being a rarity that they sell out and even when they do the line ups are still good. I found that Big Thunder, Splash and the rides in that area had way shorter line ups than the "kid" rides like Peter Pan and such though...

Duchess99
03-08-2008, 11:59 AM
My DBF and I also went to the 1st party in Feb 2007. It was a blast!! I was concerned it was going to be more of a kids thing, but it wasn't at all...we had so much fun!
I'm not sure how many tickets they allot, but it wasn't crowded at all. The things that had the longest lines were the meet & greets...especially the one for Captain Jack. But the waits for the rides were non-existent. We rode Buzz 4 times in a row without getting off!
Totally worth the money...go for it!

snerd475
03-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Side note: anyone that has been in early Feb or went the 1st of Mar or whatever (we went Jan 21 and Feb 26)... did you guys only get beads? We went the 21st and they had beads, the gems, plus they gave you the little bags to put your treasures in, plus the hats and the tattoos and some stations. on the 26th of Feb: no bags, no gems, just beads. Is that the norm now? DD was upset she didn't get any "diamonds"...

We went Jan 25th and we got were beads and a few gems.

I wonder what it'll be in May, the next time we go. It's a bummer that the chocolate is gone.:(

Why is the chocolate gone? :pirate:

ligirlz
03-08-2008, 05:34 PM
We went Jan 25th and we got were beads and a few gems.

I wonder what it'll be in May, the next time we go. It's a bummer that the chocolate is gone.:(

I was wondering the same thing about the chocolate. We went last month and we disappointed to get beads as we went last year and got chocolate. DH thinks they might have had alot left over and went to waste and maybe they thought of a cheaper way to go. But other than that we had a blast - short lines, great parade, and loved the fireworks. Well worth the extra money.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
03-08-2008, 07:14 PM

yay... that made me laugh!

"but why's the rum gone?"

Aggie97
03-09-2008, 04:50 AM
We went to the party on Jan. 29 and had a great time. The parade was good, the fireworks were AWESOME (the best we've seen at any Disney park), we took some really cute photos w/ characters, and the ride waits were extremely short or nonexistant. For example, we were able to ride Big Thunder Mountain three times in a row without exiting. We did hit all of the treasure spots and received beads and gems only. I wouldn't hesitate to go again -- have fun! :mickey: