PDA

View Full Version : Can you get an eleven day park pass?

Hull-onian
03-02-2008, 05:52 PM
My family is going for eleven days. Can you get an eleven day park pass? Or do you purchase a six day pass and a five day pass? :confused:

BronxTigger
03-02-2008, 06:14 PM
They top out at 10 days.

You do have a few options:
-Take 1 day of your trip for DTD and resort hopping, therefore only needing 10 days of park tickets.
-Add on the water park option, giving you 10 days plus a certain number (6?) of water park or Disney quest admissions.
-Get annual passes.

Don't do 6+5. The way the days are priced, once you get above 5 days or so, it's only $2 for each additional day. A 6+5 strategy would probably be more expensive.

PetefromRI
03-02-2008, 06:39 PM
I'm with BronxTigger,
I'd make 1 day a resort and DTD day,maybe in the middle of your trip,either that or buy a 10 day and 1 full day or an AP so you can go back again this year.

PetefromRI
03-02-2008, 06:45 PM
I just checked the Official Ticket Center on this website and a 9 day with 10th day free was 277.00.I know that AP's cost 477.00.So opting for the AP is going to cost you 200.00 more per person,I think that I'd opt for a resort day!FYI-the prices I quoted were for Hopper Tix.

Hull-onian
03-02-2008, 07:19 PM
:thanks: everyone for your good advice. I think that a day off is a good idea. Worse comes to worse, we can always add a day too. We will see.

LoriMistress
03-02-2008, 07:56 PM
DH and I bought 10 day park hopper tickets. Though, it may be best just to purchase an AP if you're going to be spending 8 days or longer in the parks.

figgie
03-02-2008, 08:08 PM
If you add on the waterparks option, it goes up to $320.00 for the ten day pass and if you add on the no expiration date option it goes up to $579.00! I don't look at these prices too often, we have the Premium annual pass that is $488.86(web site says $570.00 but what I just got in the mail says $488.86 before March 25, 2008) first time buy but the renewal cost is $440.92 this year. Regular annual pass price is $448.00 on the web site.

pluto 77
03-02-2008, 09:03 PM
If you add on the water parks and more option does that give you extra days, in the parks? Like if you have a 10 day pass and are actually there for 11 days could u go to a waterpark on day and still have 10 days in the other parks?
Sorry I know that was confusing, but i am really having trouble with this one :confused:

Scrod
03-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Umm, wait, are you staying off property? Otherwise you could just get length of stay.

Here's a possible scenario to justify the cost:
Get at least one annual pass, then you get some discounts around the property and could also get Disney Dining Experience for $65 (20% off meals at a bunch of places). The savings for an 11 day trip could add up to enough to pay for one or two annual passes if you plan on table service meals. Plus an excuse to revisit within 12 months on a cheap flight or business trip, etc.

caryrae
03-02-2008, 09:44 PM
There is so much you can do without going to a Park. Water Parks, Mini Golf, Check other Resorts. Downtown Disney and West Side has a lot to do, tons of shopping, Disney Quest, Cirque du Soleil. You can easily fill a day without going to a park.

Or just relax in the middle of vacation, it can get tiring going to parks everyday.

NJ Camper
03-02-2008, 10:21 PM
I agree i would check with the price of a season pass that is what we did we went in nov 07 and will be going in oct 08 so we can use the passes we already have and it turned out cheaper then buying 10 day passes for both trips we were planing a april trip also but had to push it off due to unforseen surgery for our dog but i would check prices and if a 2 nd trip in less then a year works then this maybe a option for you good luck :mickey:

TinaT
03-03-2008, 12:00 AM
If you add on the water parks and more option does that give you extra days, in the parks? Like if you have a 10 day pass and are actually there for 11 days could u go to a waterpark on day and still have 10 days in the other parks?
Sorry I know that was confusing, but i am really having trouble with this one :confused:

If you purchase a 10 day pass with water parks and more option, you can use the water park admissions on the same day as a park admission or on a different day. I'm not sure how many water park admissions you get with a 10 day pass, but they are in addition to your 10 park days. :thumbsup:

For example, a 7 day with water parks and more gives you 7 days in the parks and 7 admisions to water parks. You could ultimately have 14 days of use.

Hull-onian
03-03-2008, 07:20 PM
Umm, wait, are you staying off property? Otherwise you could just get length of stay.

Here's a possible scenario to justify the cost:
Get at least one annual pass, then you get some discounts around the property and could also get Disney Dining Experience for $65 (20% off meals at a bunch of places). The savings for an 11 day trip could add up to enough to pay for one or two annual passes if you plan on table service meals. Plus an excuse to revisit within 12 months on a cheap flight or business trip, etc.

Getting an Annual Pass is a good idea, especially since you can get a DDE. That's great.:tiphat:

pluto 77
03-03-2008, 09:31 PM
If you purchase a 10 day pass with water parks and more option, you can use the water park admissions on the same day as a park admission or on a different day. I'm not sure how many water park admissions you get with a 10 day pass, but they are in addition to your 10 park days. :thumbsup:

For example, a 7 day with water parks and more gives you 7 days in the parks and 7 admisions to water parks. You could ultimately have 14 days of use.

Wow! that is great! I really didnt want to buy a one day ticket and i was planning on adding the waterpark option anyway!
Thanks for the tip

Ian
03-04-2008, 08:22 AM
I just checked the Official Ticket Center on this website and a 9 day with 10th day free was 277.00.I know that AP's cost 477.00.So opting for the AP is going to cost you 200.00 more per person,I think that I'd opt for a resort day!FYI-the prices I quoted were for Hopper Tix.The best scenario here is, if you're planning on going back to WDW again within 12 months or so, buy an annual pass now and you can get both trips worth of admission out of it.

The $200 extra expense ends up actually saving you money overall. IF you're going to go again. If not, then I agree with the resort day idea.

Umm, wait, are you staying off property? Otherwise you could just get length of stay.I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they did away with LOS passes when they introduced MYW.

CleveRocks
03-04-2008, 04:53 PM
Correct. Length of stay passes went the way of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride as of January 1, 2005.

CleveRocks
03-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Disney sure doesn't make their ticketing easy to understand.

Theme park tickets and Water Parks Fun & More tickets run in two very different ways.

If you buy a 10-day base ticket, that means you get 10 DAYS of admissions to the theme parks. You can't go to 2 different theme parks on the same day unless you buy the Park Hopper option, but you can return to the same one park on the same day as often as you wish.

In other words, if you go to Magic Kingdom on Monday, you CAN'T also go to Epcot on Monday. You can't use a 2nd day of admission to go to a second park on the same day ... the computer won't let you.

WPF&M tickets work differently. WPF&M entitlements are per ADMISSION, not per day. You CAN go to different WP&M gates on the same day, if you so choose. If you want to go to Blizzard Beach one morning, Typhoon Lagoon that afternoon, Disney Quest that evening, and the clubs at Pleasure Island that night, you ARE permitted to do that. It will cost you 4 of your WPF&M options.

If you buy a 10-day base ticket and add the WPF&M option, you get 10 WPF&M admissions.

Unless you buy the no expiration feature, a ticket remains good for 14 days after first use. In other words, you have 14 days to use up all of those entitlements. It doesn't matter what order you use them in.

garymacd
03-04-2008, 08:54 PM
If you plan to go to the parks for 10 days, AND plan ONLY one day at a water park and no time at Disney Quest or anything else, get the 10-day Park Hopper without the Water Park Fun and More option and pay for the water park day separately at the gate or the concierge desk. Adding the Water Park Fun and More option onto the tickets is more expensive than just buying a one-day Water Park ticket.

If you plan on spending more than one day at the water parks or doing anything that can be done with the extras, then, by all means, get the Water Park Fun and More option.

Scrod
03-04-2008, 10:11 PM
I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they did away with LOS passes when they introduced MYW.

Correct. Length of stay passes went the way of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Mr. Toad's Wild Ride as of January 1, 2005.

Ok, I was out of the loop. That makes no sense to me, if you want to spend 2 weeks on property, you can only spend 10 days in the parks. :mickey:

Thanks for being nice and not calling me names

CleveRocks
03-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Ok, I was out of the loop. That makes no sense to me, if you want to spend 2 weeks on property, you can only spend 10 days in the parks. :mickey:Then it would be worth it to buy an annual pass at that point.

Thanks for being nice and not calling me namesNo problem, Scrod. Oh shoot! I just called you a name .... :funny:

Jared
03-05-2008, 12:45 AM
The best scenario here is, if you're planning on going back to WDW again within 12 months or so, buy an annual pass now and you can get both trips worth of admission out of it.

The $200 extra expense ends up actually saving you money overall. IF you're going to go again. If not, then I agree with the resort day idea.
I recommend taking a day off regardless! I can't imagine touring the parks for 11 straight days. It just seems like too much. I recommend buying tickets with the water park options and spend time at the resorts, Downtown Disney and the pool.