PDA

View Full Version : Kids & Bathrooms

Dakota Rose
03-02-2008, 03:40 PM
At lunch this afternoon, we had a bathroom trauma. I'm sure everyone with kids has their own story(ies) about kids and bathrooms. Funny ones and not so funny ones. Share with us?

Here's what happened to us today:

DS is almost 4 and no longer wants to share a stall with Mommy. So I hold the door shut for him. That's what I was doing when I heard a SPLOSH from the other side of the door. I asked what happened and he said, "I put my foot in the toilet." (he climbs onto the toilet to go #2 and really makes it difficult on himself) So when I go in there, his sock is completely wet and his leg is wet to the knee. I suppress the laughter. After getting his pants up, I have him sit on the edge of the toilet so I can handle the sock/shoe issue. While doing so, he somehow manages to cut his finger on the toilet paper holder. But he doesn't say anything until we go to wash his hands and he sees the blood. Now he has a complete breakdown, crying uncontrollably and hyperventilating. There's another mom in the restroom with her daughters. I look at her and say, "Just like his dad. He sees blood and starts to cry." He gets himself so worked up that by the time I carry him (he's 44 pounds and I'm 5 mos pregnant) back to the table, he falls asleep without eating a bite of his lunch.

All this because he put his foot in the toilet.

daparish
03-02-2008, 06:13 PM
Poor little guy!!! I don't have kids so I am never sure what to do when I have my niece and nephew. My nephew is 10 and now old enough to go in the men's room alone but I am still a nervous wreck until he comes out.